RIP Kira Heston

Gary McGath

Sep 30, 2016, 8:28:28 PM9/30/16
I just learned from Merav on LiveJournal that Kira Heston (of Partners
in K'Rhyme) has died.

She was co-toastmaster at ConCertino 2012.

Argh.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Mark Mandel

Oct 1, 2016, 11:19:35 AM10/1/16
Oh, what an unfair loss!

May her memory always be a blessing.

Mark Mandel

haro...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2016, 8:37:02 PM10/1/16
News this evening is even worse. We lost another filker today. JoEllyn Davidoff passed away earlier today. (No details have been provided at this time.)

And I had seen a name of someone who I believe was a filk fan (non performer, I think earlier this week from the west coast.)

Gary McGath

Oct 2, 2016, 5:23:32 AM10/2/16
On 10/1/16 8:37 PM, har...@remove.panix.com wrote:
> News this evening is even worse. We lost another filker today. JoEllyn Davidoff passed away earlier today. (No details have been provided at this time.)
>
> And I had seen a name of someone who I believe was a filk fan (non performer, I think earlier this week from the west coast.)

Probably Lucy Stern. On the Emerald Forest Filk list, "filker wolf"
writes: "For those of you who remember, she was part of the bay
area/southern California filk scene, and a LASFS member. She is survived
by her husband Mike and two children, Alison & Heather."