New song: Ghostwriters

Gary McGath

May 19, 2017, 6:44:57 AM5/19/17
Since this is what I do for a living now, you might call this a work song.

Ghostwriters
Words: Gary McGath, Copyright 2017
Music: Ray Parker, Jr., "Ghostbusters"

If you want to write
But your writing sucks,
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
If your name will sell,
You'll pull in the bucks.
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

If you've got ideas
Running through your head,
Who can you call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
You can't write them down
But you want them read.
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

If you need some prose
You know how it goes:
Just call
GHOSTWRITERS!

If you need a dose of a
Well-written post, baby
You better call
GHOSTWRITERS!

Let me tell you something
Writing makes me feel good!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

Don't write content yourself, oh, no
GHOSTWRITERS!
When it goes out the door
If you just want some more
I think you better call
GHOSTWRITERS!

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
I can't hear you!
GHOSTWRITERS!
Louder!
GHOSTWRITERS!
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Mark Mandel

May 20, 2017, 1:34:16 AM5/20/17
I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.

Mark Mandel
"the filker with no nickname"

Gary McGath

May 20, 2017, 6:09:16 AM5/20/17
On 5/20/17 1:34 AM, Mark Mandel wrote:
> I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.

There's "Writers in the Sky" by Lawrence Dean, found in the collection
"On Filkley Moor."

Lee Gold XP

May 20, 2017, 7:09:32 AM5/20/17
On 5/20/2017 3:09 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> On 5/20/17 1:34 AM, Mark Mandel wrote:
>> I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.
>
> There's "Writers in the Sky" by Lawrence Dean, found in the collection
> "On Filkley Moor."

There's "Ghost Writers on the Sly" in Filker Up #3, a political song
about a firm that writes speeches for politicians, with blank spots for
opponents' names.

--Lee

Gary McGath

May 20, 2017, 7:04:25 PM5/20/17
Sounds a little like my "Your Crook's Name Here."

And "Ghost Writers" by Kristin Ruhle in Xeno No. 36.

Kay Shapero

May 24, 2017, 12:21:49 AM5/24/17
In article <ofmi4r$8iv$1...@dont-email.me>, ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com
says...

> Since this is what I do for a living now, you might call this a work song.
>

> Ghostwriters
> Words: Gary McGath, Copyright 2017
> Music: Ray Parker, Jr., "Ghostbusters"
>
> If you want to write