New filk: Anvils Keep Falling On My Head

Arthur T.

Jun 1, 2016, 2:10:20 AM6/1/16
It wasn't until after I wrote this that I figured it an obvious
idea, and I should do a search. Sure enough, Qoheleth has a song of
the same name and theme in Xeno #126.

Title: Anvils Keep Falling On My Head
ttto: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head (Hal David & Burt Bacharach)

Anvils keep falling on my head
And that's why I vow that blasted bird will soon be dead
I will surely win
Those Acme commodities will keep me from failing

So I just ordered me up some rocket boots
'Cause they'll let me corner him somewhere among the buttes
Thought I couldn't lose
But anvils keep falling on my head
I keep failing

But my next plan will work
The tunnel art will get him
And I'll let him
Go running full tilt into it so I can net him

Anvils keep falling on my head
But soon it will be that bird who'll have headaches instead
Vengeance will be mine cause
I will soon bind him in this rope and I'm hoping
He won't get free, 'cause I am smarter than he.

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Lee Gold XP

Jun 1, 2016, 10:10:43 AM6/1/16
On 5/31/2016 11:10 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> It wasn't until after I wrote this that I figured it an obvious
> idea, and I should do a search. Sure enough, Qoheleth has a song of
> the same name and theme in Xeno #126.

Well, it was 80 months, over six years, ago.

--Lee

Kay Shapero

Jun 8, 2016, 11:35:27 PM6/8/16
In article <nnuskblkgi3srj7d6...@4ax.com>,
art...@munged.invalid says...

> It wasn't until after I wrote this that I figured it an obvious
> idea, and I should do a search. Sure enough, Qoheleth has a song of
> the same name and theme in Xeno #126.
>
> Title: Anvils Keep Falling On My Head
> ttto: Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head (Hal David & Burt Bacharach)
>
> Anvils keep falling on my head
> And that's why I vow that blasted bird will soon be dead
> I will surely win
> Those Acme commodities will keep me from failing

Snerk... Nice one even if someone else DID use the same idea. I like!
--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm

X-Lydia