Tribbles (and hello, everyone!)

Kate Van Cleef

Oct 24, 2015, 11:26:37 AM10/24/15
I am so glad to have found this board! I've got a few filks completely done (some of them dating back several years), and I have many fragments and choruses that I haven't bothered to develop, because until very recently I terrified to play an instrument and sing simultaneously in front of people, I would just do these for my own amusement, really. I look forward to sharing and learning from you all, and to eventually getting some YouTube videos up.

Here's one of my more recent efforts, to Taylor Swift's "Trouble."

TRIBBLE

Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago,
We found a new life form we'd never seen before.
It was fluffy, fluffy, fluffy-y-y-y-y.

Don't know what to do, my neck is on the line.
I've counted something like five thousand ninety-nine.
We're drowning, drowning, drowning-ing-ing-ing-ing.

I don't know where
they're coming from,
but I think that they
have just begun...oh!

I knew they were trouble when we found them,
so shame on me.
But we go boldly where no man has ever been,
and curiosity wins
Yeah, I knew they were trouble when we found them,
And now there's tribbles on the main bridge - oh!
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble,
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble

I only took one because it was so cute.
I thought that it would make a decent substitute
for a kitty, kitty, kitty-y-y-y-y.

I know that I was wrong, and Captain Kirk is mad.
So maybe it was not the best idea I've had,
'cause they're breeding, breeding, breeding-ing-ing-ing-ing

I don't know where
they're coming from,
but I think that they
have just begun...oh!

I knew they were trouble when we found them,
so shame on me.
But we go boldly where no man has ever been,
and curiosity wins
Yeah, I knew they were trouble when we found them,
And now there's tribbles on the main bridge - oh!
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble,
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble

And we don't know what
we're gonna do,
But at least they bug
the Klingons too...oh!

I knew they were trouble when we found them,
so shame on me.
But we go boldly where no man has ever been,
and curiosity wins
Yeah, I knew they were trouble when we found them,
And now there's tribbles on the main bridge - oh!
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble,
Oh, oh...tribble, tribble, tribble

Arthur T.

Oct 24, 2015, 4:34:45 PM10/24/15
In
Kate Van Cleef <katema...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am so glad to have found this board!

As am I. Welcome.

>I have many fragments and choruses that I haven't bothered to develop, because until very recently I terrified to play an instrument and sing simultaneously in front of people

I can't carry a tune, and I never learned an instrument. But
the examples here got me to write and to hone my filks. If you go to
the virtual filk sing (I can't remember the url offhand), you'll find
that, while some of them have excellent voices, some post regardless;
and often this is often the only way we can hear the music that goes
with the lyrics unless we chance upon them at cons.

>I look forward to sharing and learning from you all, and to eventually getting some YouTube videos up.

I look forward to reading your posts and watching your videos.
Alas, there aren't as many people hanging out here as there were even
just a couple of years ago.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Lee Gold XP

Oct 24, 2015, 8:10:40 PM10/24/15
On 10/24/2015 1:34 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> If you go to
> the virtual filk sing (I can't remember the url offhand), you'll find
> that, while some of them have excellent voices, some post regardless;
> and often this is often the only way we can hear the music that goes
> with the lyrics unless we chance upon them at cons.

There's always the chance of attending (or starting) a local housefilk.
For instance, anyone near the Los Angeles area ahouls look at
http://www.conchord.org/lafaad.html

--Lee

Kay Shapero

Oct 25, 2015, 3:07:43 AM10/25/15
In article <0b36d9ac-ba1f-4ad4...@googlegroups.com>,
katema...@gmail.com says...

> I am so glad to have found this board! I've got a few filks completely
> done (some of them dating back several years), and I have many
> fragments and choruses that I haven't bothered to develop, because
> until very recently I terrified to play an instrument and sing
> simultaneously in front of people, I would just do these for my own
> amusement, really. I look forward to sharing and learning from you
> all, and to eventually getting some YouTube videos up.
>
> Here's one of my more recent efforts, to Taylor Swift's "Trouble."
>
> TRIBBLE
>
> Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago,
> We found a new life form we'd never seen before.
> It was fluffy, fluffy, fluffy-y-y-y-y.

Welcome to the newsgroup! That's really cute - thanks for posting it!

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm

Perry F. Bruns

Nov 12, 2015, 11:44:04 PM11/12/15
Count me among those who are also glad you found it! Great lyrics, too. Thank you for putting those up! :)

Perry
Yeah, I'm still here

X-Lydia

Nov 18, 2015, 3:21:58 AM11/18/15