Information about Mike Liebmann's funeral

Barry Gold

Jul 30, 2016, 2:42:34 PM7/30/16
Mike Liebmann's funeral will be held on Sunday July 31st at 10 AM at
Mount Sinai Memorial Park in Simi Valley.
6150 Mount Sinai Dr, Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805) 955-0078

Back when Mike lived in LA, he was an active member of LAFA and hosted a
few housef ilks. He had a gorgeous baritone voice.

The details available from Mike's family are sketchy. We do not know if
there will be a reception after the funeral.

If there is no reception or if the reception ends quickly, Lee and Barry
Gold will host a small memorial filk at their house and we can sing
Mike's favorite songs. He wrote two filksongs, and was fond of
"Everything Possible" by Fred Small and "When Giants Walked" by Kathy Mar.
Brandyhall
3965 Alla Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
310 306 7456

The family has requested that people contribute to Mike's synagogue or
to a charity of their choice. Margaret Middleton has suggested Interfilk
as one possible option.

Temple Shaarei Shamayan
1810 Briarcliff Road
Atlanta, GA 30329

http://www.shaareishamayim.com/

--
I do so have a memory. It's backed up on DVD... somewhere...

Gary McGath

Jul 30, 2016, 7:43:56 PM7/30/16
On 7/30/16 2:42 PM, Barry Gold wrote:

> If there is no reception or if the reception ends quickly, Lee and Barry
> Gold will host a small memorial filk at their house and we can sing
> Mike's favorite songs. He wrote two filksongs, and was fond of
> "Everything Possible" by Fred Small and "When Giants Walked" by Kathy Mar.

I recall that he also liked Brenda Sutton's "Strangers No More" very
much, probably after a closer acquaintance with the Suttons in Georgia.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com