New song: Rocket Men

Gary McGath

Sep 24, 2017, 7:35:11 AM9/24/17
Inevitably...

Rocket Men
Lyrics: Gary McGath, Copyright 2017
Music: Elton John, "Rocket Man"

The news filled me with fright last night.
Zero hour's coming soon.
And we're going to see light, deadly sight, by then.
We'll miss our homes so much, we'll miss our friends.
It's lonely to survive,
The future isn't bright.

And I think that we don't have a long long time
Till fusion blows us all away to find
They're not the men we thought they were at all,
Oh, no no no, they are rocket men,
Rocket men, burning up the world because they're mad.

These aren't the kind of men to give us peace.
In fact they're mad as hell,
And there's no one here to stop them, make them cease,
The consequences they don't understand.
It just gets worse each time they speak.
They're rocket men, they're rocket men.

And I think that we don't have a long long time
Till fusion blows us all away to find
They're not the men we thought they were at all,
Oh, no no no, they are rocket men,
Rocket men, burning up the world because they're mad.

And I think that we don't have a long long time.
And I think that we don't have a long long time. (etc.)
--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Arthur T.

Sep 24, 2017, 3:07:22 PM9/24/17
In Message-ID:<oq859e$dbr$1...@dont-email.me>,
Gary McGath <ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com> wrote:

>Inevitably...

Alas.

>Rocket Men

Good song about a bad subject. "Some people just want to watch
the world burn."

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Gary McGath

Sep 25, 2017, 5:30:03 AM9/25/17
On 9/24/17 7:35 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
I'd like to make a small change for clarity.

>   Oh, no no no, they are rocket men,

=> Oh, no no no, they're both rocket men,

Lee Gold XP

Sep 25, 2017, 8:21:28 AM9/25/17
On 9/25/2017 2:30 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> On 9/24/17 7:35 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> I'd like to make a small change for clarity.
>
>>    Oh, no no no, they are rocket men,
>
> =>   Oh, no no no, they're both rocket men,

Noted.

I'll be checking this with you in month or so, to see if you think it's
still topical.

--Lee

Gary McGath

Sep 25, 2017, 9:45:31 AM9/25/17
If we're both still alive, it may not be. :)

Lee Gold XP

Sep 25, 2017, 9:50:30 AM9/25/17
My birthday is in early October, and I'm hoping to celebrate it.
Xeno #175 has a birthday cake on it with candles lit and unlit to show
my birthday in binary.
(No, it's not my 175th birthday.)

--Lee

Gary McGath

Sep 25, 2017, 5:19:24 PM9/25/17
On 9/25/17 9:50 AM, Lee Gold XP wrote:

> My birthday is in early October, and I'm hoping to celebrate it.

So is mine (Oct. 9).

> Xeno #175 has a birthday cake on it with candles lit and unlit to show
> my birthday in binary.
> (No, it's not my 175th birthday.)

I may be away from r.m.f. for a couple of weeks, so happy birthday in
advance!

Lee Gold XP

Sep 25, 2017, 6:18:35 PM9/25/17
On 9/25/2017 2:19 PM, Gary McGath wrote:
> On 9/25/17 9:50 AM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>
>> My birthday is in early October, and I'm hoping to celebrate it.
>
> So is mine (Oct. 9).

Mine is two days earlier.

> I may be away from r.m.f. for a couple of weeks, so happy birthday in
> advance!

Thanks.
The same to you.

--Lee

Rich Brown

Sep 25, 2017, 8:46:07 PM9/25/17
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 06:50:27 -0700, Lee Gold XP wrote:

> My birthday is in early October, and I'm hoping to celebrate it.
> Xeno #175 has a birthday cake on it with candles lit and unlit to show
> my birthday in binary.
> (No, it's not my 175th birthday.)

I saw the cake. You were born just over 10 years earlier than me. I
have a late October b'day.