John Creasey

Gary McGath

Jan 26, 2018, 7:35:13 AM1/26/18
A post on the Emerald Forest Filk list says that John Creasey has died.
Sad news.

Can anyone confirm this? Reports of my own death were greatly
exaggerated not too long ago.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Jeff Urs

Jan 26, 2018, 7:43:14 AM1/26/18
Yes, it is true; Mary posted about it on Facebook yesterday.

--
Jeff

Lee Gold XP

Jan 26, 2018, 8:37:40 AM1/26/18
On 1/26/2018 4:43 AM, Jeff Urs wrote:
> Yes, it is true; Mary posted about it on Facebook yesterday.

Mary wrote on Facebook yesterday:

"My husband, John Creasey, passed away around 0915 or so. I hadn't
gotten there by then (he WOULD pick the day when I DIDN'T make my
morning visit!). He was still on a ventilator until a doctor officially
pronounces him. He had been going downhill for quite a while (multiple
systemic infection organ failures), and hadn't really recovered from the
last septic shock crash. He had been non-verbal and non-communicative
for at least the last two weeks. I will post later about funeral plans
and such. I'm not going to collapse yet; he's been effectively mostly
out of our lives for over a year, and barely aware for much of the last
six months, and that only occasionally, so this isn't really much of a
shock. I'm just glad he's finally not hurting any more."

--Lee

Rich Brown

Jan 27, 2018, 6:18:19 PM1/27/18
<sigh>

Mary's post is also copied into file770.com. There's a photo there as
well.

Paul Rubin

Jan 28, 2018, 12:41:54 AM1/28/18
Thanks for the update, Lee. I hadn't heard about his illness. My
condolences to Mary.

Paul Rubin

Jan 28, 2018, 3:10:34 AM1/28/18
Jeff Urs <jeff...@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, it is true; Mary posted about it on Facebook yesterday.

Leslie Fish has posted a eulogy for him on her blog:

http://lesliebard.blogspot.com/2018/01/another-good-man-gone.html