LAGGING, OH! (The HQ Live Trivia App Song) by Kate Gladstone

Kate Gladstone

Feb 13, 2018, 6:38:57 PM2/13/18
LAGGING, OH! (The HQ Live Trivia App Song) by Kate Gladstone
tune: LET IT GO by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
inspiration: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HQ_Trivia

The screen glows bright on my smartphone tonight
Not a question box to be seen:
A kingdom of sheer frustration
And it’s ruled by a machine.
The game is lagging like my lazy WiFi. Why?
Nothing there to tap, heaven knows I try ...
Don't miss a click, don't let it be,
Give the answer that they need to see,
Click in and win, show what you know,
Well, it won’t go!
Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
Can't click a box anymore,
Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
On my hopes you slam the door,
I’m not there
Where the millions play,
Let the game go on —
I’ve been eliminated anyway.

It's funny how some questions
Depend on things so small
As a phone and network server
That won’t connect at all.
They’ll never see what I can do —
Oh, tell me why I can’t click through
Don’t knock me off, it’s just Q3,
Why me?
Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
Question 4 isn’t showing, oh why?
Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
Is the QuizDaddy hearing me cry?
Here I am, where I can’t play,
Let the game go on ...
My frantic tapping only generates that loser sound,
My soul is shattered, frozen fragments scattered all around,
And one thought crystallizes, like an icy glacial range:
i never would have won ... or only pocket change ...

Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
Please tell me what question they’re on —
Lagging, oh — lagging, oh —
All sign of Scott is gone —
Here I stand: put my phone away,
Let the game go on ...
I’ve been eliminated anyway.

Jeff Urs

Feb 13, 2018, 10:32:25 PM2/13/18
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 6:38:57 PM UTC-5, Kate Gladstone wrote:
> LAGGING, OH! (The HQ Live Trivia App Song) by Kate Gladstone
> tune: LET IT GO by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
> inspiration: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HQ_Trivia

Very nice! Welcome back!

Jeff

Arthur T.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:44:13 PM2/13/18
In
Kate Gladstone <handwrit...@gmail.com> wrote:

>LAGGING, OH! (The HQ Live Trivia App Song) by Kate Gladstone
>tune: LET IT GO by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez

Nice song.

Someone said, approximately, "Video games don't make people
violent; lag does."

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Arthur T.

Feb 15, 2018, 11:08:00 PM2/15/18
In
Yes, welcome back, indeed. At first I just saw a good filk by a
familiar name. I hope this augurs an ever-expanding hole in your
writing block.

Kay Shapero

Feb 22, 2018, 11:15:16 PM2/22/18
In article <8a009a2e-7025-450e...@googlegroups.com>,
handwrit...@gmail.com says...

> LAGGING, OH! (The HQ Live Trivia App Song) by Kate Gladstone
> tune: LET IT GO by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
> inspiration: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HQ_Trivia

Good one! And ain't it the truth... :)

Nice to see ya over on Twitter!

--