New filk: Shroedinger's Cat in the Hat

Arthur T.

Sep 30, 2016, 10:31:16 PM9/30/16
As usual, please let me know if there are problems, especially
in scansion.

Title: Schroedinger's Cat in the Hat
ttto: Grandfather's Clock by Henry Clay Work

Oh, the Cat in the Hat causes chaos for all
As we wonder if he is inside
Is it neat or a mess? This predicament galls
For it seems we can't really decide

Might be Things there as well
As the Cat's own personnel
But we still cannot know from outside
Super-po-si-tion of that Cat's mess
Schroedinger implied.

Is the house in good shape or not?
How can we know?
The Cat can be never caught
'Less there's windows
Su-per-po-sition of that Cat's mess
Means we must just guess

While the 'rents were away, just the children would play
Till the Cat in the Hat came along
And we find we don't know (and it causes dismay)
Where the Cat is, and ditto his throng

Yes, the children are there
To observe the whole affair
But they're inside the house and we're out
Super-po-si-tion. Is he there or not?
We are in some doubt

So, unless we can measure it,
Can we really
Say that we will precommit
No, ideally.
Su-per-po-sition of that Cat's mess
Means we must just guess

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

X-Lydia

Oct 2, 2016, 4:31:49 AM10/2/16
I want to sing this in harmony with someone.

Kay Shapero

Oct 3, 2016, 4:31:08 AM10/3/16
In article <mp7uubt3nkvlkqpid...@4ax.com>,
art...@munged.invalid says...

> As usual, please let me know if there are problems, especially
> in scansion.
>
> Title: Schroedinger's Cat in the Hat
> ttto: Grandfather's Clock by Henry Clay Work
>
> Oh, the Cat in the Hat causes chaos for all
> As we wonder if he is inside
> Is it neat or a mess? This predicament galls
> For it seems we can't really decide

Applause!!!!!

--

Kay Shapero