The Jaeger Dragoon

Gary McGath

Nov 1, 2017, 3:26:38 PM11/1/17
I just came across this Girl Genius filk, by someone called "Kurtoons,"
while looking for something else GG-related.

The Jaeger Dragoon
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12113025

The only change I'd make would be to sing "Ja! Ja! Ja!" instead of "Yes!
Yes! Yes!"

(I'm spelling it "Jaeger" here since Usenet is iffy about any non-ASCII
characters.)

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

X-Lydia

Nov 2, 2017, 11:56:05 PM11/2/17
My husband, who's also a filker, is the BIGGEST Girl Genius fan; he and I *very* recently played Dragoon Guards in a local production of Patience, and had to listen to the original lyrics, in ranks, with a perfectly straight face. He is going to ADORE this.

Gary McGath

Nov 3, 2017, 8:21:32 AM11/3/17
On 11/2/17 11:56 PM, X-Lydia wrote:

> My husband, who's also a filker, is the BIGGEST Girl Genius fan; he and I *very* recently played Dragoon Guards in a local production of Patience, and had to listen to the original lyrics, in ranks, with a perfectly straight face. He is going to ADORE this.

There's also a version by Bill Laubenheimer about the "True SF Fan." It
naturally includes the line "The dash of a Dorsai."

X-Lydia

Nov 4, 2017, 11:41:18 PM11/4/17
Considering that early Dorsai material was published under the title "The Genetic General"(say *that* three times fast, without lapsing into a Sullivan tune), naturally indeed.

Mark Mandel

Nov 5, 2017, 12:41:04 PM11/5/17
I didn't know the Dorsai patrolled punctuation.

Mark