Fara í fyrstu ólesnu skilaboð

haro...@gmail.com

ólesið,
18. apr. 2015, 21:09:1918.4.2015
til
The 2015 inductees for the Filk Hall of Fame are:

Kay Shapiro
Nick Smith
Steven Joel Zeve

Kay Shapero

ólesið,
21. apr. 2015, 02:16:5821.4.2015
til
In article <392eb3b9-c465-4b18...@googlegroups.com>,
haro...@gmail.com says...
Thanks for the announcement, Harold - I'd have felt a little silly doing
it myself. :) I've known Nick for years of course, but have never met
or even heard of Steven before Dave called me a few months back with the
news. Which call, of course, shocked me out of my tree - I was NOT
expecting it (I gather this is a common reaction). Delighted to join
such august company, of course.

Must stop blathering and go to bed.

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm

Lee Gold XP

ólesið,
21. apr. 2015, 10:33:0221.4.2015
til
On 4/20/2015 11:16 PM, Kay Shapero wrote:
> In article <392eb3b9-c465-4b18...@googlegroups.com>,
> haro...@gmail.com says...
>>
>> The 2015 inductees for the Filk Hall of Fame are:
>>
>> Kay Shapiro
>> Nick Smith
>> Steven Joel Zeve
>
> Thanks for the announcement, Harold - I'd have felt a little silly doing
> it myself. :) I've known Nick for years of course, but have never met
> or even heard of Steven before Dave called me a few months back with the
> news.

For some years (though not recently) I used to see Steven Joel Zeve at
Consonance.

--Lee

haro...@gmail.com

ólesið,
21. apr. 2015, 17:58:5721.4.2015
til
Congratulations, Kay. And sorry about mispelling your name. I was trying to get word out quickly and accurately for those who were not at FKO this year.

Gary McGath

ólesið,
21. apr. 2015, 20:14:5121.4.2015
til
For a while he had a major role in running filk at Conterpoint and
Balticon, though he's less active in them these days.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com
Tomorrow's Songs Today: The History of Filk http://www.mcgath.com/tst

Joe Kesselman

ólesið,
27. apr. 2015, 22:47:1927.4.2015
til
On 4/21/2015 2:16 AM, Kay Shapero wrote:
> Which call, of course, shocked me out of my tree - I was NOT
> expecting it (I gather this is a common reaction).

Yes, I'm told shock is a common reaction to being told you've been
inducted, especially for the folks who are best known as
organizers/facilitators rather than performers or publishers. Personally
I'm always delighted when they recognize the folks who've done the less
glamorous work that needed doing to make it all possible.

Reminder to all: The FHOF is always seeking nominations. Even if you're
sure someone has already been nominated, consider sending in your own
arguments for why they should be recognized; your comments may add an
insight that hasn't previously been mentioned.

0 ný skilaboð