Days lived and not forgotten

sirl...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 8:21:18 AM7/11/16
Here is something that I wrote in 2003. It is a takeoff on Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven". It is not a song. Could this be considered filk?

Days lived and not forgotten by Rob Hood ©2003
Once upon an evening eerie
as I was watching Wallace Beery
shoot some hombre
who was causing woe
My fingers started tapping
waking me as I was napping
since the movie was a bore
My knuckles started snapping
as I sung a song involving rapping
and the walls started cracking
betraying something I couldn't ignore
Then the building started swaying
as if it were obeying
suggestions from a medium of lore
I escaped with little of my tack
and I'm never going back
to that plain or that valley
known by some as "Tornado Alley"

Kay Shapero

Jul 14, 2016, 11:06:57 PM7/14/16
In article <1ca43031-e564-4660...@googlegroups.com>,
sirl...@gmail.com says...

> Here is something that I wrote in 2003. It is a takeoff on Edgar Allen
> Poe's "The Raven". It is not a song. Could this be considered filk?
>
> Days lived and not forgotten by Rob Hood ©2003 Once upon an evening
> eerie as I was watching Wallace Beery shoot some hombre

Don't see why not. Or else, a piem (the "filk" transform applied to
"poem". :) ) Also amusing - thanks for the batch of 'em!

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm