Convention insurance

Gary McGath

May 26, 2015, 8:04:14 AM5/26/15
Today I performed the nerve-wracking act of submitting an insurance
application for ConCertino and confirmed my feeling that event insurance
is insane.

Performers on the stage aren't covered. This is true of all the
companies I looked at.

We went with RV Nuccio as the least problematic alternative, but even
they have scary bits like this:

I understand and agree that the policy will not cover Bodily
Injury, Property Damage or Personal Injury if the Event Type,
Music Type or any other application information is falsely
reported, falsely stated, incorrectly selected, incorrectly
stated, misreported, misrepresented, misstated, or wrongly
stated at the time of application.

For "music type" I entered "Folk." If someone sings a song which is
deemed non-folky, I guess that voids the policy. (Cue "Song of the Folk
Nazi.")

That was the best of the alternatives I found. theeventhelper.com wanted
me to commit to purchasing before even giving specifics on what was
covered. Others only cover one-day events, didn't respond to my queries,
or are absurdly expensive.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com
Tomorrow's Songs Today: The History of Filk http://www.mcgath.com/tst