New song: Bad Trip Rhapsody

Arthur T.

Jul 23, 2016, 5:47:29 PM7/23/16
Title: Bad Trip Rhapsody
ttto: Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddy Mercury

What am I high on? Coke, pot, or ecstasy?
What I am seeing? I just hope it's a fantasy.

I look around and do not like what I see.
Can't understand it, not in the least degree,
Because I'm fearing life, fearing me,
What I did, what I see.
All that I remember,
Did it really happen for real, to me?

Oh God, am I still a man?
Or have I been deified?
Though alive now, had I died?

It seems that my bad trip is chronic,
But I'm high and I just want my world back.

My head aches very bad. I think I'm gonna cry.
If only I could change what I ingested
I'd be glad. But I can't. And I'm stuck with what I think is going
on.

Why did I take those drugs?
Wish someone had stopped me,
Forestalled all this lunacy

And now, in my body, I do not fit.
Will I burst my skin, become a butterfly?

But no, that's not for me, I am just feeling pain.
What is the ETA of tripping's ending?

I see a little, tiny purple pachyderm.
Is it pink? It's not pink.
It's a hippo and purple.

And it's hopping 'round me,
'Fraid it's gonna pound me, too

Purple hippo (and a rhino)
Purple hippo (and its fam'ly)
Purple hippopotamus

Whatever I took gives me delusions,
Or are delusions merely an altered state?
Is there a diff'rence between that and life?

Am I sane? Am I mad? Boy you make me mad!
Now I see you. And you're making me quite mad.
I am mad! And I am high! And I cannot get down.
Get me down. Oh, please get me down.
Get me down. Oh, please get me down.
Get me down. Aaaahh.

How can I get off this high?
O Tim Leary, I beseech you, can't you help to get me dry?

I can't get down. Yes, I've fallen and I can't get down,
Myself. Need help!

Don't know where I am now, and I want to go home.
Don't know how I got where I now seem to be.

Where am I? What are all of these feelings?
I want to come down. I don't like this trip anymore.

Nobody can help me, nobody at all.
I have just discovered,
I'm not really tripping at all.

Life is like a bad trip...

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Arthur T.

Jul 23, 2016, 5:50:16 PM7/23/16
In Message-ID:<vbp7pbl8l3jscaaam...@4ax.com>,
Arthur T. <art...@munged.invalid> wrote:

>Title: Bad Trip Rhapsody
>ttto: Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddy Mercury

That post should have included my standard song copyright and
sig:

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Kay Shapero

Jul 26, 2016, 10:35:02 PM7/26/16
In article <vbp7pbl8l3jscaaam...@4ax.com>,
art...@munged.invalid says...

> Title: Bad Trip Rhapsody
> ttto: Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddy Mercury
>
> What am I high on? Coke, pot, or ecstasy?
> What I am seeing? I just hope it's a fantasy.

I know the feeling... Good one!
(well, allowing for the fact that I do NOT have BR memorized, so can't
check the scansion. :) )

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm

Arthur T.

Jul 28, 2016, 4:01:57 PM7/28/16
In Message-ID:<MPG.3201ba41...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Kay Shapero <k...@invalid.net> wrote:

>(well, allowing for the fact that I do NOT have BR memorized, so can't
>check the scansion. :) )

Neither do I and neither can I. I wrote to a karaoke version I
found, and I wouldn't bet Betan dollars on my scansion.

Kay Shapero

Jul 30, 2016, 2:35:53 AM7/30/16
In article <o1pkpb9hatf9j08aj...@4ax.com>,
art...@munged.invalid says...

> In Message-ID:<MPG.3201ba41...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Kay Shapero <k...@invalid.net> wrote:
>
> >(well, allowing for the fact that I do NOT have BR memorized, so can't
> >check the scansion. :) )
>
> Neither do I and neither can I. I wrote to a karaoke version I
> found, and I wouldn't bet Betan dollars on my scansion.

Grin. I didn't know just how disorganized Stairway to Heaven was until
I filked it and tried to stay close. In some ways I probably put more
emphasis on scansion et al than I really need to.