New filk: I Got Cons

Arthur T.

Jan 15, 2018, 11:36:42 PM1/15/18
Title: I Got Cons
ttto: I Got Stripes (aka On a Monday) as performed by Johnny Cash
variously attributed: Huddie Ledbetter and/or Charlie Williams &
Johnny Cash

On a Friday, went through registration
On the next day, there's fun from morn till dawn
On a Sunday, shock of con's cessation
On a Monday, it's all over, back at work with my tie on

(Chorus:)
I got cons when I can afford them
I meet friends, pros and fans alike
I got cons when I can afford them
It's these crazy cons that's all that keeps me sane

On a Friday, lines were out the doorway
On the next day, the G.O.H. did speak
On a Sunday, got tripped in the stairway
On a Monday, the mundanes I work with all called me a geek

(chorus)

On a Friday, hotel treats us badly
On the next day, I buy books galore
On a Sunday, I say goodbye sadly
On a Monday, starts the waiting for the next con I adore

(chorus)

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com