New filk: Is This Crown Gold?

Arthur T.

Dec 31, 2016, 11:31:28 PM12/31/16
Title: Is This Crown Gold?
ttto: It Had to be You

Is this crown's gold pure?
How can I be sure?
The jeweler is just
Someone I might trust.
Was I premature?
How can I assure
It isn't impure.
There must be a way.
Naivete
Might make me poor.

But does this make sense?
The gold is most dense.
If volume is right,
It will be too light,
If it is impure.
Archimedes says it's a rule
To ignore him, I'd be a fool
Check volume and weight
To see if it's straight
Or if I've been screwed

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Arthur T.

Dec 31, 2016, 11:36:28 PM12/31/16
In Message-ID:<bb1h6cpg8spvs1gd0...@4ax.com>,
Arthur T. <art...@munged.invalid> wrote:

>Title: Is This Crown Gold?
>ttto: It Had to be You

I forgot to mention that one line works best with a scansion
hammer. Try putting the accent on the last syllable of Archimedes.

Arthur T.

Jan 1, 2017, 1:44:04 PM1/1/17
In Message-ID:<bb1h6cpg8spvs1gd0...@4ax.com>,
Arthur T. <art...@munged.invalid> wrote:

>Title: Is This Crown Gold?
>ttto: It Had to be You

Emendation:

Title: Is This Crown Gold?
ttto: It Had to be You by Gus Kahn and Isham Jones