New Filk: Carmelita Camacho

X-Lydia

Aug 15, 2016, 2:19:29 AM8/15/16
(Based on events in Deadpool vol. 3 #18.)

Carmelita Camacho

Lyrics by Susanna R.A. Miller
Tune by Warren Zevon

I hear words of wisdom in my cranium
like a candle fighting the dark,
and I'm with you in the gameroom,
and I'm there with Kim and Park.

Carmelita, hold me closer
in thought and memory,
though your safety and your happiness
lie somewhere far from me.

Well, I didn't expect that you'd be back
with a big favor to ask,
or to understand that every day
I have to live with what's under the mask.

Carmelita, help me find her,
oh please give me a sign,
though I always knew that she and you
were too beautiful to be mine.

Now the world's all turned to ashes,
and this hostile land's sown with salt,
and I'm still not sure what happened,
and I'm sure it was all my fault.

Carmelita, take me with you,
share the peace I've yet to know,
though you're truly safe and happy now
in a place where I never can go.

Arthur T.

Aug 15, 2016, 7:10:41 PM8/15/16
In
X-Lydia <x-l...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>Carmelita Camacho
>
>Lyrics by Susanna R.A. Miller
>Tune by Warren Zevon

I know just a few Zevon songs. Which song is this to the tune
of?

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

X-Lydia

Aug 16, 2016, 12:24:53 AM8/16/16
"Carmelita". WZ performs it live here: https://youtu.be/gACg4fdaEGI?t=54s

Arthur T.

Aug 16, 2016, 9:48:37 PM8/16/16
>(Based on events in Deadpool vol. 3 #18.)
>
>Carmelita Camacho
>
>Lyrics by Susanna R.A. Miller
>Tune by Warren Zevon

I'm not familiar with Deadpool or his Carmelita. But I like how
you matched the sense of tragedy in the original song. I know I
don't want to get caught up in yet another time-sink, but this almost
makes me want to read that issue.

X-Lydia

Aug 18, 2016, 2:21:14 AM8/18/16
Thanks! Tragedy was what I was going for, although IMHO the original song is more sense of entropy. Zevon was the master of mixing pretty catchy tunes with bleak lyrics.

Far be it from me to recommend time-sinks, but if you want an idea of what I was writing about, you can find that issue - and the story leading up to it - in this collection: http://marvel.com/comics/collection/51706/deadpool_by_posehn_duggan_hardcover (You'll also find out who Kim and Park are - trust me, they're tragic too.)