Southern California House Filks

Barney Evans

Sep 25, 2016, 12:00:47 AM9/25/16
I have put up a webpage that lists the known house filks that were held
in Southern California.

http://www.sandiegofilk.com/SouthernCaliforniaHouseFilksMain.html

Please let me know if you can fill in a missing date.

Barney

Mark Mandel

Sep 25, 2016, 11:52:50 AM9/25/16
That's pretty impressive! But I don't think this is completely correct:

November 16, 1985 Terry Hopwood San Franando, CA

;-) San Fernando or San Francisco, pick one, but only one is in Southern California.

Mark Mandel
"The Filker with no Nickname"

Gary McGath

Sep 25, 2016, 4:10:23 PM9/25/16
On 9/25/16 12:00 AM, Barney Evans wrote:
> I have put up a webpage that lists the known house filks that were held
> in Southern California.
>
> http://www.sandiegofilk.com/SouthernCaliforniaHouseFilksMain.html

Impressive list! I've linked to it from the Tomorrow's Songs Today notes
page:

http://www.mcgath.com/tst/notes.html

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Kay Shapero

Sep 25, 2016, 9:45:29 PM9/25/16
In article <ns7i55$ov0$1...@dont-email.me>, be...@cox.net says...
Want me to link to this from the FAQ? Not that I suppose that many
people will be looking for this data, but since you've been so kind as
to put it up on the net...

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm

Barney Evans

Sep 26, 2016, 1:03:19 AM9/26/16
On 9/25/2016 6:45 PM, Kay Shapero wrote:
> In article <ns7i55$ov0$1...@dont-email.me>, be...@cox.net says...
>>
>> I have put up a webpage that lists the known house filks that were held
>> in Southern California.
>>
>> http://www.sandiegofilk.com/SouthernCaliforniaHouseFilksMain.html
>>
>> Please let me know if you can fill in a missing date.
>>
>> Barney
>
> Want me to link to this from the FAQ? Not that I suppose that many
> people will be looking for this data, but since you've been so kind as
> to put it up on the net...

Sure. Hopefully people in the LA area can fill in the missing dates. I
got some from searching old alt.music.filk on Google Groups.

I currently have up till the mid 1990s posted.

Barney

Barney Evans

Sep 26, 2016, 1:04:26 AM9/26/16
On 9/25/2016 8:52 AM, Mark Mandel wrote:
> That's pretty impressive! But I don't think this is completely correct:
>
> November 16, 1985 Terry Hopwood San Franando, CA
>
> ;-) San Fernando or San Francisco, pick one, but only one is in Southern California.

Well with the way cities grow in this state....

Barney