New song: Fields of War

Arthur T.

Mar 19, 2018, 10:55:53 PM3/19/18
I'm not a history buff, so I grabbed some lists of famous
battles. But I didn't use them. I didn't use up my limited knowledge
before I decided I didn't want to get more depressed.

Title: Fields of War
ttto: Fields of Gold by Sting (AKA Gordon Sumner)

You'll remember me as they disagreed
Upon the field in Flanders
I'm still in control, and I know your goal
Upon the fields in Nam

See the mustard gas and munition brass
Upon the fields in Ypres
And they came to fight with their hearts still bright
At Suvla's Turk-held bay

Iran and Iraq, with the awe and shock
Upon the fields mideastern
And the longbow reigned 'gainst the French campaign
Upon the Crecy field

I was Ares then, and as Mars led men
Upon the fields of slaughter
Even death won't stop this combative crop:
Valhalla's fields run red

[After a pause, end with last two lines of
Where Have All the Flowers Gone (by Pete Seeger):]

When will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?

My lyrics copyright 2018 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.