New filk: Science Double Feature

Arthur T.

Oct 27, 2016, 9:35:09 PM10/27/16
A note about the scansion: There are a few lines where my
lyrics don't match the number of syllables in the original. When I
did make them match, it didn't sound right as I sang to the music in
my head. Let me know if there are any bumps for you.

Title: Science Double Feature
ttto: Science Fiction Double Feature by Richard O'Brien

Mendeleev was right
When he got his insight
That elements should be stacked
And when Newton split light
He saw to his delight
How his prisms made the colors diffract
And Darwin was mocked
Because he did concoct
His theory of how species rise
We know Watson and Crick
Discovered nature's trick
Two helices the genes comprise

(Chorus:)
Science surges from surprises
When the facts prove their surmises
On the shoulders of the giants
Geniuses want to further science
We can watch as our knowledge grows
It's the latest, it's the greatest bonzer show

Physicists have black holes
And chemists have their moles
And biologists, DNA
Mathematics has pi
And you might wonder why
String theory isn't in disarray
Tectonic plates do slide
Geologists confide
We know archaeologists dig
The weather models show
Effects from El Nino
And cosmologists really think big

(Chorus)

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Kay Shapero

Oct 30, 2016, 11:18:29 PM10/30/16
In article <v9a51clo7u91nkelt...@4ax.com>,
art...@munged.invalid says...

> A note about the scansion: There are a few lines where my
> lyrics don't match the number of syllables in the original. When I
> did make them match, it didn't sound right as I sang to the music in
> my head. Let me know if there are any bumps for you.
>
> Title: Science Double Feature
> ttto: Science Fiction Double Feature by Richard O'Brien

Like the song!

--

Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm