Very funny

luisb...@aol.com

May 17, 2017, 5:21:19 PM5/17/17
So I'm listening to...what else? NPR. And there's this segment about eugenics back in the Ellis Island period. The interviewer is talking to a fellow who wrote an article for Smithsonian about these puzzles they'd give to arriving immigrants made of seven pieces that form a face if you put them together right. The test was to determine if the people were feeble-minded because they didn't want idiots coming into the country. (The point of all this is say how screwed up that was because, hey, enlightened people welcome idiots into the country.) Anyhoo, the interviewer, who has a replica of the puzzle, tells the writer: You know I assumed before doing this puzzle it would be pretty easy. It's only seven pieces. But you know what? It's actually not that easy!

'Nuff said.

Rachel

May 17, 2017, 5:43:25 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 2:21:19 PM UTC-7, luisb...@aol.com wrote:
> So I'm listening to...what else? NPR. And there's this segment about eugenics back in the Ellis Island period. The interviewer is talking to a fellow who wrote an article for Smithsonian about these puzzles they'd give to arriving immigrants made of seven pieces that form a face if you put them together right. The test was to determine if the people were feeble-minded because they didn't want idiots coming into the country. (The point of all this is say how screwed up that was because, hey, enlightened people welcome idiots into the country.) Anyhoo, the interviewer, who has a replica of the puzzle, tells the writer: You know I assumed before doing this puzzle it would be pretty easy. It's only seven pieces. But you know what? It's actually not that easy!
>
> 'Nuff said.

but what is intelligence, anyway ?

i mean, it's innate, at birth, isn't it ?

they say you can't increase your IQ, is this not correct ?

so i mean, if no one ever teaches you math....or say, like me, you don't DO IT for over 20 years....does that mean you are stupid ?!?!?!??!

or like they say, those SAT questions, and vocabulary, like a yacht. how in the world is an inner city child from the hood supposed to know that ? as if a preppy would know what a mack or a bottom ho is or something ! fo shizzle ma nizzle! gimme a break !

and if you never practice with puzzles, and learn....a seven piece puzzle....that sounds like it could be kinda hard....

or like who stole the bike, in slumdog millionaire, etc...?

or how he knew...

i've been in that situation a lot....just *happening* to know the right thing, at the right time, say just learned, just in time to use it, and sound like i must know so much....

btw, i think my psychologist was WRONG about this...anyone care to chime in and assist? i know i could google it, but well, that's so lonesome...

something happened, i said something, it was completely coincidental to going for a piece of gum, i'll just make this up, i can't remember, maybe i said, in my orbit, then i reach for gum out of the wooden bowl, and there's a pack or orbit. something like that. whatever.

so i go, hey, cool, synchronicity.

and he goes, you mean synergy. okay, now i'll google it, cuz i want the answer. but if anyone else wants to chat....

Rachel

May 17, 2017, 5:45:29 PM5/17/17
yeah, i think he was wrong.

i'm reading the defs, i have to be honest, it's harder for me to grasp the meaning of synergy, so i'm not sure......but it sure seems like synchronicity to me.

DianeE

May 17, 2017, 5:50:32 PM5/17/17

<luisb...@aol.com> wrote in message
------------
Like being President, huh?

Grave Digger

May 17, 2017, 5:51:40 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5:21:19 PM UTC-4, luisb...@aol.com wrote:
> So I'm listening to...what else? NPR. And there's this segment about eugenics back in the Ellis Island period. The interviewer is talking to a fellow who wrote an article for Smithsonian about these puzzles they'd give to arriving immigrants made of seven pieces that form a face if you put them together right. The test was to determine if the people were feeble-minded because they didn't want idiots coming into the country. (The point of all this is say how screwed up that was because, hey, enlightened people welcome idiots into the country.) Anyhoo, the interviewer, who has a replica of the puzzle, tells the writer: You know I assumed before doing this puzzle it would be pretty easy. It's only seven pieces. But you know what? It's actually not that easy!
>
> 'Nuff said.

===

to change the subject just a bit....This piece of shit Manning leaves prison 28 years early.If I was calling the shots he would have a bullet to the head.

cheers

nor

marcus

May 17, 2017, 8:44:46 PM5/17/17
Oh, I forgot that you were into peace and love.

Grave Digger

May 17, 2017, 8:56:25 PM5/17/17
>>Oh, I forgot that you were into peace and love.<<

don't forget happiness.

nor

M. Rick

May 17, 2017, 9:28:36 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 2:51:40 PM UTC-7, Grave Digger wrote:
> to change the subject just a bit....This piece of shit Manning leaves prison 28 years early.If I was calling the shots he would have a bullet to the head.

If I were calling the shots, millions of pieces of shit (i.e. the willfully diseased) would go into the risk pool. I'm pretty sure that includes Grave Digger and most of this diseased group. As an act of compassion, every risk-pooler will receive a lifetime supply of free rope.

Grave Digger

May 17, 2017, 9:36:23 PM5/17/17

> If I were calling the shots, millions of pieces of shit (i.e. the willfully diseased) would go into the risk pool. I'm pretty sure that includes Grave Digger and most of this diseased group. As an act of compassion, every risk-pooler will receive a lifetime supply of free rope.

===

the traitors are in the ninth.

love

gd

love
nor

M. Rick

May 17, 2017, 9:45:14 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 6:36:23 PM UTC-7, Grave Digger wrote:
> the traitors are in the ninth.

This group is a solid eighth. I have more respect for the honest and honorable Mike Hunt. But maybe that's because I went to school with him. He was always late for class, and everyday Mrs. Rivers would ask "where's Mike Hunt?"

Rachel

May 17, 2017, 9:49:35 PM5/17/17
was he your gay lover ?

marcus

May 17, 2017, 10:24:03 PM5/17/17
The fist time I heard that joke I laughed so hard that I kicked out all of the slats of my cradle.

luisb...@aol.com

May 17, 2017, 10:42:02 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5:51:40 PM UTC-4, Grave Digger wrote:
Really? Shooting queers your thing? I love Manning. He's the guy..girl...whatever..who got all that wikileaks material. A national hero in my book.

Grave Digger

May 17, 2017, 10:49:59 PM5/17/17
a traitor in mine.

peace

ron

M. Rick

May 17, 2017, 11:19:07 PM5/17/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 6:49:35 PM UTC-7, Rachel wrote:
> was he your gay lover ?

No. So far I've only had one (male) gay lover: Shabtai Zisel. Coincidentally it's the same lover shared by Stephan Pickering and Just Walkin'. It will all be revealed in Zisel's upcoming memoir, Testicles II.

Rachel

May 17, 2017, 11:53:55 PM5/17/17
How about this one. A woman goes into a store to buy a parrot. Apparently, it came from a house of ill repute. It was in its new home, and the daughter walked in the room.

"Oh, I see we have a new girl!" says the parrot.

Then the mother walks in.

"It's a new madam!" the parrot squawked.

Then in walks the husband.

"Oh my God! Henry! You're back again!"

gj

May 18, 2017, 9:29:34 AM5/18/17
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
(“Let Justice be done, though the heavens may fall.”)

The only people upset are the ones that have their reality disturbed
by actual facts. Which will eventually be everyone anyway.

-GJ 2.1

James Zadok

May 18, 2017, 10:17:33 AM5/18/17
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5:45:29 PM UTC-4, Rachel wrote:

> > btw, i think my psychologist was WRONG about this...anyone care to chime in and assist? i know i could google it, but well, that's so lonesome...
> >
> > something happened, i said something, it was completely coincidental to going for a piece of gum, i'll just make this up, i can't remember, maybe i said, in my orbit, then i reach for gum out of the wooden bowl, and there's a pack or orbit. something like that. whatever.
> >
> > so i go, hey, cool, synchronicity.
> >
> > and he goes, you mean synergy. okay, now i'll google it, cuz i want the answer. but if anyone else wants to chat....
>
> yeah, i think he was wrong.
>
> i'm reading the defs, i have to be honest, it's harder for me to grasp the meaning of synergy, so i'm not sure......but it sure seems like synchronicity to me.

Sounds like you might have a psychologist who's never heard of Carl Jung.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/connecting-coincidence/201703/energizing-jungs-ideas-about-synchronicity

Rachel

May 18, 2017, 3:59:59 PM5/18/17
i don't think so. that would surprise me. he's very well educated...about all kinds of things...but i'll ask him... :)