The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - November 12, 1972 (6p-10p)

Jeff Morris

Dec 14, 2015, 5:01:53 PM12/14/15
As mentioned on the Facebook group, this show is believed to contain the
earliest example of Dr. D soliciting tapes of original recordings from
listeners. He asks people to send in their grandpa or other relative
singing "Ain't We Crazy". The winner was played two weeks later, and may
be the first time an unreleased tape made specifically for the show was
aired.

In other news, he mentions that song #3 on this week's top five was a former
#1 song on the top five when he was on KPPC. I think what he's referring to
here was when it was #1 on the July 11, 1971 KPPC all-time top ten. I don't
think there was ever a top five on KPPC, but I could be wrong. Tapes from
the first two years of the show are far from complete. If anyone has
additional ones, please let me know!

playlist courtesy of The Dr. Demento Show
The Dr. Demento Show (live on KMET) - November 12, 1972 (6p-10p)

George - Dolores Hawkins
Jo-Jo, The Dog-Faced Boy - Annette
Ain't I'm A Dog - Ronnie Self [w/ Dr. D barking in middle]
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
Rover (The Shaggy Dog Story) - Hendra & Ullett

The Alphabet Song - The Three Stooges
The Eighth Wonder Of The World - Larry Storch
Your Feet's Too Big - Fats Waller
4-F Ferdinand - Harry Gibson

Molasses, Molasses (It's Icky Sticky Goo) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Barstool Cowboy From Barstow - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Was I Drunk - Elliot Everett & His Orchestra
Mama Don't Allow - George Lewis & his band
Mary Jane Theme (excerpt) - Mike Curb
If You're A Viper - Rosetta Howard
The Bum Song (brief excerpt) - Hobo Jack Turner
Reefer Head Woman - Buster Bennett Trio
Pot Party - Teenage Rebellion soundtrack
Mary Jane (brief excerpt) - The Everly Brothers
The Mary Jane Theme - Mrs. Miller

My Old Man's A Dustman - Lonnie Donegan
Swinging On A Star - Bing Crosby
Never Gonna Dance - Fred Astaire

Truck Driving Man - Terry Fell
Diesel Smoke And Dangerous Curves - Billy Strange
Transfusion - Nervous Norvus
Wreck On The Highway - Roy Acuff

CONTEST: The next three records are all by the same artist, famous in the 60s & 70s. Who is it? Corrwect answer wins one of the last of the R-rated 1972 Dr. Demento fan club cards. (Answer: Doug Sahm)
Rollin Rollin - Little Doug Sahm w/ The Bandits
Why Why Why - Doug Sahm
She's About A Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet
Top 40 News, Weather And Sports - Mark Dinning
Straighten Up And Fly Right - DeJohn Sisters
Walter Wart - Thorndike Pickledish Pacifist Choir
There Was A Fungus Among Us - Terry Noland
It's Warts On The Flip Side That Counts - Thorndike Pickledish Pacifist Choir

I Want To Be Evil - Eartha Kitt
I'm Bad - Bo Diddley
Yosemite Sam - Mel Blanc

Trouble - Elvis Presley
He Hit Me (It Felt Like A Kiss) - The Crystals
Johnny Get Angry - Joanie Sommers
Treat Me Rough - Mickey Rooney
Masochism Tango (live) - Tom Lehrer

A Sky Blue Shirt And A Rainbow Tie - Norman Brooks
On The Good Ship Lollipop - Shirley Temple
The Thing - Phil Harris
They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! - Kim Fowley

Manteca - Dizzy Gillespie
I Can't Get Started - Bunny Berrigan
Kicking The Gong Around - Louis Armstrong

I Can't Rock And Roll - Pearl Bailey
I Refuse To Rock And Roll - Julie Wilson
Rock Me - Muddy Waters
Bridget The Midget - Ray Stevens

The Admiral's Daughter - Ruth Wallis
Big Ten-Inch Record - Bull Moose Jackson
Teach Me Tiger - April Stevens
Experiment - Sylvia Simms

El Pizza - Dudley
I Love Your Pizza - Homer & Jethro
Pal-Yat-Chee - Spike Jones & His City Slickers w/ Homer & Jethro
Harvey's Got A Girlfriend - The Royal Teens
Hooty Sapperticker - Barbara & The Boys
Harvey's Got A Girlfriend (excerpt) - The Royal Teens

In The Middle Of The House - Vaughn Monroe
Babysitting Boogie - Buzz Clifford
Real Wild Child - Ivan
Bad Boy - Marty Wild

Louie Louie - Richard Berry
The Jolly Green Giant - The Kingsmen
Stranded In The Jungle - The Cadets
Cocaine Blues - Freddy Countryman
Frosty The Snowman - Gene Autry
The Old Dope Peddler (original studio version) - Tom Lehrer

The Dolphin Club Song - The Dolphin Club Kids
Little White Duck - Burl Ives
White Port And Lemon Juice - 4 Deuces
#5 (tie) Minnie's Yoo Hoo - soundtrack
#5 (tie) Monster Mash - Bobby (Boris) Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers
#4 Delicious! - Jim Backus & Friend
#3 Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Over Night? - Lonnie Donegan & His Skiffle Group

#1 (tie) Pico And Sepulveda - Felix Figueroa
#1 (tie) Ain't We Crazy - Haywire Mac
Paper Doll - The Mills Brothers
CLOSING: Lonesome - Wertham Watts