Dwight Yoakam - lyrics

ALLISON QUENSEN BLATT

Nov 9, 1993, 10:09:12 AM11/9/93
In article <1993Nov7.0...@sequent.com>, c...@sequent.com (Christine Evely
n Squires) writes:

>Re Fast as You lyrics - he does not say "suck it" - he says "oh,
>sookie" which is a pretty standard lyrical phase in rock music.

What? I don't think I've ever heard Dwight or anyone else sing "oh sookie"!
I always thought he was saying "ah, sucker" which makes about as much sense as
anything else. This whole thread is pretty funny. It reminds me of a
friend's young niece who interpreted Alan Jackson as saying that way down
yonder on the Chattahoochee it gets hotter than Susan Lucci.
--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Allison Quensen Blatt

"She wasn't good, but she had good intentions."

Kelly Shuldberg

Nov 9, 1993, 8:26:20 PM11/9/93
>>Re Fast as You lyrics - he does not say "suck it" - he says "oh,
>>sookie" which is a pretty standard lyrical phase in rock music.
>>
>What? I don't think I've ever heard Dwight or anyone else sing "oh sookie"!
>I always thought he was saying "ah, sucker" which makes about as much sense as
>anything else. This whole thread is pretty funny. It reminds me of a

Well, I don't know what Dwight says, and I doubt "sookie" is all that
common a phrase in rock music or anywhere else (unless we're talking about
severely brain-damaged individuals such as head bangers or rappers), but I
do recall Steppenwolf's song "Sookie Sookie Sookie Sookie Sookie Sookie
Soo!" Brilliant lyrics!

h. kelly shuldberg
hke...@edsr.eds.com
Albuquerque, NM

Robert W. Northcott

Nov 17, 1993, 4:29:59 PM11/17/93

It is a standard rock phrase. Steppenwolf even had a song called "Sookie,
Sookie".