Wow! Mutt Lange actually speaks about his divorce from Shania Twain

Gary Gervin

May 17, 2008, 11:56:54 PM5/17/08
http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/17052008/364/lange-twain-split-unfortunate.html&e=l_news_dm

Lange: 'Twain split is unfortunate'

(Saturday May 17, 2008 09:35 AM)

Music mogul Robert 'Mutt' Lange has spoken out about his split from
country star Shania Twain, revealing the couple was "growing apart".

Lange has filed for divorce from the singer after 15 years of
marriage, and in a brief statement, the music producer admits the
separation is "unfortunate."

He tells People magazine, "It's just an unfortunate thing that's
happened... It's literally just a growing apart, that's all."

Reports suggest the split was as much of a shock to Twain as it was
for her fans.

A source says, "She's devastated. She's getting through it with a very
close-knit group of family and friends."

The couple wed in 2003. They have a six-year-old son, called Eja
D'angelo.

Cassie

May 18, 2008, 11:52:02 PM5/18/08

> The couple wed in 2003. They have a six-year-old son, called Eja
> D'angelo.

actually, the couple married in 1993.

Larry Lawrence

May 19, 2008, 12:43:20 AM5/19/08

True, though how did they last 14 years?

B. Peg

May 19, 2008, 1:19:45 AM5/19/08
> "Larry Lawrence" wrote:
>>>
>>> The couple wed in 2003. They have a six-year-old son, called Eja
>>
>>actually, the couple married in 1993.
>
> True, though how did they last 14 years?

Probably some monetary agreement. Sales of 35 million CD's for COO isn't a
paltry amount. If ST had anything new on the horizon, it may be longer
before it sees the light of day....if ever. It'll be interesting to see if
she can do it on her own - and I often wonder if she could have done it
without his help. Mutt can still hide in the background of whomever he's
assisting now.

Wonder if they had a pre-nup back then? Could get messy.

B~