International luthiers supply

fixit...@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2007, 12:06:22 AM11/27/07
Hey there papachulo(hope I got that right).
This bunch is into me for about$225.00. It's been around 6 weeks
and no stuff.I've called and twice they said that my order had been
sent. I found out they don't use FedX or UPS.seems strange to me. Any
way, they told me that they would send me a tracking # the last time
they said theyhad sent it and also said they would contact me by e-
mail but I haven't recieved a single e-mail from them. Like you I'm
afraid I have lost my money.They withdrew my money the next day from
my debit account.I guess it's my fault for not checking them out at
the BBB.
I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Tulsa.I
don't have a lot of hope with that. They have only answered about half
of them and out of 17 complaints in the last 36 months(all of which
were delivery based),
15 of them were in the last 12 months.Only about half of them were
addressed. I also spoke with Adam as well as Bill.So far it looks like
I was fed a line of bull. At this point I'd feel lucky to get my money
back.
I have also sent a couple of e-mails to two T.V.stations in Tulsa
hoping that one of them will have someone who does segments on
disreputable business practices. I'm also considering checking to see
if there are any legal means to get there attention. Criminal charges
tend to do that.If there are enough people that have been taken in
like this perhaps something could be done.If anyone has any nonviolent
sugestions I'd love to hear them.

kgerald

had...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2007, 10:26:06 AM12/19/07

Greetings,
I've had a similar issue with these guys, and I've been to their
business several time trying to get delivery of items paid for. I just
filed a complaint with the BBB, too. Good luck, and let me know if you
get satisfaction. Legal action may be next. Please respond to the
address below. I don't check the gmail too often.

Good luck,
Adam Miller
ad...@thecanebrake.com

Papachulo

Dec 26, 2007, 11:51:16 AM12/26/07

I placed an order on the 16 October 2007 for $185.00 and have yet to
receive it as of 17 Nov. I called three weeks ago and talked with
ADAM BROWN and he told me it was still sitting on the table and he
forgot to ship it but
would get it out that day. A week later, still no package. I call
and the phone rang busy all day. Finally, at 5:00pm CST, ADAM answers
the phone and tells me the same story of how he has been too busy and
it is STILL sitting on the table. He promised me it would go out that
night, well, here it is over a month later and still have not received
it.
Since then, I have been calling everyday and their phone just keeps
ringing busy all day long. I'm afraid I have lost my money.
Has anyone else had problems with them in the past month? Is this
company going bankrupt?
Don't buy from this company in Tulsa, OK Don't order anything from
them or give them your credit card number. They had time to take the
money out of my bank, but do not have time to send me the goods.

I posted this a month ago or so and since then several other posters
have replied saying they have been swindled also from International
Luthier's Supply, Inc.
I'm just trying to keep this thread going in hopes that the word may
get out. I'd hate to see anyone else lose their hard earned money
from a operation like this. Surely the law must get involved. Hey,
maybe the Attorney General's Office. Keep sending your comments and
I'll have them when I contact them. Think that will help? Give me
some ideas if you would please. You may contact me from my email
address.

Thanks,
Chuck Hutchison
Herrin, IL.

hucktunes

Dec 26, 2007, 4:33:58 PM12/26/07

That's really a bummer. It would be a shame if folks got the company
confused with International Violin in Baltimore, MD.
http://www.internationalviolin.com/home.aspx I've been dealing with
them for about ten years and they are a great source of fiddle and
guitar parts.

carlbaron

Dec 26, 2007, 8:34:19 PM12/26/07
hucktunes wrote:
> That's really a bummer. It would be a shame if folks got the company
> confused with International Violin in Baltimore, MD.
> http://www.internationalviolin.com/home.aspx I've been dealing with
> them for about ten years and they are a great source of fiddle and
> guitar parts.

I've been buying from them for even longer. They a terrific outfit and
it'sreally great to order from them over the phone. It's easier that
way, because sometimes they out of an item and you can easily substitute
it or put off getting your order for a few days if it's coming in or
leave out an item on your order until next time. They're very
accomodating and a pleasure to do business with.

Carl

tomth...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2008, 5:02:45 PM2/15/08
I guess I'm late to this thread. I just spend about a half hour trying
to reach international luthiers supply. I send them an order in early
January and the check cleared but I still haven't heard from them. I
never got through on the phone. I'm a bit disappointed since everyone
I've dealt with since I started this hobby has been very honest, very
prompt, and seemed to have pride in whatever it is they were selling.

Tom

hucktunes

Mar 4, 2008, 2:28:16 PM3/4/08

I'm gonna bump this to the top so it's near the new thread from the
guy who's grand parents were ripped off by International Luthiers.