Deutsch Catalog Number for Schubert Song

ghos...@my-deja.com

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
I have sheetmusic for a song by Franz Schubert
(arranged by Walter Ehret). It is called Holy,
Holy, Holy and is from The Marks Choral Library
(HL00007665). I want to know what catalogue
number (Deutsch) it is.
The Vienna Boys Choir has recorded this song(?)
with the German title: Heilig, Heilig, Heilig.
~~~~~~~~~~~
ard...@yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Peter T. Daniels

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
ghos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> I have sheetmusic for a song by Franz Schubert
> (arranged by Walter Ehret). It is called Holy,
> Holy, Holy and is from The Marks Choral Library
> (HL00007665). I want to know what catalogue
> number (Deutsch) it is.
> The Vienna Boys Choir has recorded this song(?)
> with the German title: Heilig, Heilig, Heilig.

Could it be the Sanctus from one of his masses? (Not the Deutsche Messe,
however.)
--
Peter T. Daniels gram...@worldnet.att.net

Mike Painter

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
In article <8v5d60$3ck$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, ghos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> I have sheetmusic for a song by Franz Schubert
> (arranged by Walter Ehret). It is called Holy,
> Holy, Holy and is from The Marks Choral Library
> (HL00007665). I want to know what catalogue
> number (Deutsch) it is.
> The Vienna Boys Choir has recorded this song(?)
> with the German title: Heilig, Heilig, Heilig.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~
> ard...@yahoo.com

Schubert's masses are all set in Latin, so the words would be:

Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus
Dominus Deus Sabaoth ...

The first stanza from the movement "Zum Sanctus" from the Deutsche Messe
(D.872) goes:

Heilig, heilig, heilig
Heilig ist der Herr!
Heilig, heilig, heilig
Heilig ist nur Er!
Er, der nie begonnen,
Er, der immer war.
Ewig ist und waltet,
Sein wird immerdar.

If you would post the first few lines from the text on your sheet music,
it would be helpful in identifying it.

cheers,
Mike

To respond via e-mail, remove * from address.

Randy Foster

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
Maybe "Heilig, heilig, heilig, heilig ist der Herr!" from the German
Mass, D 872?

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:04:17 GMT, ghos...@my-deja.com wrote:

>I have sheetmusic for a song by Franz Schubert
>(arranged by Walter Ehret). It is called Holy,
>Holy, Holy and is from The Marks Choral Library
>(HL00007665). I want to know what catalogue
>number (Deutsch) it is.
>The Vienna Boys Choir has recorded this song(?)
>with the German title: Heilig, Heilig, Heilig.
>ard...@yahoo.com

ghos...@my-deja.com

Nov 20, 2000, 7:38:46 PM11/20/00
Thanks Mike and Randy,

The text you (Mike) wrote out for "Heilig, Heilig, Heilig" matched
exactly. (German Mass, D872)