Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

Boito?s "Sinfonia"

22 просмотра

John W Kennedy

не прочитано,
2 февр. 2015 г., 21:31:0702.02.2015
Does anyone know anything at all about Boito's "Sinfonia"? (There are
two parts by RAI on YouTube.) When? Why? Is it in two movements, or is
the relationship between the two parts something else? The second
sounds strangely like the overture to an operetta, but I have never
heard of Boito ever attempting an operetta.

--
John W Kennedy
"Information is light. Information, in itself, about anything, is light."

Peter T. Daniels

не прочитано,
2 февр. 2015 г., 23:09:2902.02.2015
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 9:31:07 PM UTC-5, John W Kennedy wrote:

> Does anyone know anything at all about Boito's "Sinfonia"? (There are
> two parts by RAI on YouTube.) When? Why? Is it in two movements, or is
> the relationship between the two parts something else? The second
> sounds strangely like the overture to an operetta, but I have never
> heard of Boito ever attempting an operetta.

It's not possible that you're looking at Berio's Sinfonia, is it?

John Wiser

не прочитано,
4 февр. 2015 г., 17:18:3204.02.2015
"Peter T. Daniels" <gram...@verizon.net> wrote in message
It's possible but unlikely. Google books has a score of a Sinfonia in A minor
by Boito,
http://books.google.com/books/about/Sinfonia_in_la_minore.html?id=Xgk3AQAAIAAJ
and an Italian biographical dictionary has this, in google translation:
"Composed in 1858, for the final essay of the conservatory, a symphony
well received, of which no trace remains."
http://www.treccani.it/enciclopedia/arrigo-boito_%28Dizionario-Biografico%29/
The lost symphony has probably been found, a la Bizet's. I'll bet it isn't as good.

jdw

0 новых сообщений