Buying a classical guitar in Madrid

Carsten Stein

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
Hi!
In about 4 weeks, I will be in Madrid, Spain for some days. I want to buy a
guitar (classical or flamenco, I don't know yet), possibly directly at a
guitar-maker, I think I want to spend between 1.000,- and 1200,- $.

Unfortunately, I do not have much time. Can somebody recommend a shop or an
address?

Thanks for any info.

Carsten

Carlos Davila

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
Carsten,

You can check out the Jose Ramirez shop at Calle de La Paz, 8, just off the
Puerta del Sol (Sol metro stop). I am very happy with the guitar I bought
there.

Carlos

"Carsten Stein" <c.s...@t-online.de> wrote in message

Marco.

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
I would like to know the same kind of in formation as Mr. Carsten wrote.

The guitar store (and also a maker) I know in Madrid is P.Bernabe, whose
store locates at Sol, opposit site of BOTIN, where Hemingway used to have
some dinner, as many travellars know. I've been to there twice during my
sightseeing. But unfortunattelt, the store was closed all the time. I know
the price of guitar made by P.Bernabe is very very expensive.

Are there any guitar store where I can buy the guitar by the price in the
range of 2000 US dollar, as he asking a question ?

Marco
Greetings from Japan

URL:www10.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/fd5/ibsen-3/

günter wiesauer

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
hi
go and check out Manuel Contreras guitars.....
günter

Mark Westling

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
I was in Madrid last April and recommend highly visiting the following 3
makers:

Jose Ramirez
Calle de la Paz No 8

Contreras
Calle Mayor 80

Paulino Bernabe
Calle de la Cuchilleros No 13

Ramirez and Contreras are within a 5-10 minute walking distance from the
Plaza Mayor. Bernabe is in north Madrid, a 20 minute subway ride (I also
noticed his shop near Hemingway's restaurant" was always closed).

Best regards,

Mark Westling

"Marco." <ibs...@fd5.so-net.ne.jp> wrote in message

rn...@my-deja.com

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
In article <AJnz5.15467$Vu5.7...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

"Mark Westling" <mwes...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I was in Madrid last April and recommend highly visiting the following
3
> makers:

[Snip]

> Paulino Bernabe
> Calle de la Cuchilleros No 13

[Snip]

Bernabe is in north Madrid, a 20 minute subway ride (I
also
> noticed his shop near Hemingway's restaurant" was always closed).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Westling

Mark-

Do you happen to know Bernabe's address in the suburbs? The only Calle
Cuchilleros that I know is the one running off the corner of the Plaza
Mayor, where Botin and Bernabe's usually closed shop are located.

Thanks,

RNJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mark Westling

Sep 25, 2000, 10:32:30 PM9/25/00
Let me look into it and get back to you. I know his address in the suburbs
was #13. Perhaps I simply appended #13 to the other address downtown...

FWIW, I do know an appointment is necessary/appropriate before you head out
to the north end of town. Paulino (both Sr. and Jr.) were delightful...

Mark

Andy

Sep 26, 2000, 2:56:11 AM9/26/00
Actually I was curious to know the procedure of buying a Granada
classical guitar directly from the makers especially for us who do not
speak Spanish. The price savings can be quite substantial compared to
getting one from a local dealer. Appreciate advice from those who has
done so.

Andy

Al de la Lastra

Oct 8, 2000, 2:14:56 AM10/8/00
In October '98 I was in Madrid and purchased a Ramirez Flamenco (#2 Cypress)
for about 130000 pesetas (about $900 U.S.) It would probably sell for twice
that in the US. It is superb!
In his shop at Calle de la Paz #8 (just 2 blocks South of Puerta del Sol) he
has a fine selection of guitars, the ones for $2000US and below he calls
"Guitarras de Estudio" (Guitars for study or student guitars) and apparently
are made for him at an outside shop. The ones he calls "Guitarras
Profesionales" are apparently made in his shop and sell for $5000 US for the
"Classic" , $9000US for the "Elite" and $13000US for the "Centenario"
(Centennial). The flamenco professional is about $5000US.
Whatever and wherever you buy be sure to advise the store if you are a
foreigner, they will fill out the proper forms so you can get a refund of
the Value Added Tax (10 or 15 %) this has to be validated by customs at the
airport or other point of exit and you will get a refund check by mail in
30-60 days. Also, WATCH YOUR WALLET in the area around Puerta del Sol, mine
was lifted by three nice young ladies asking for directions.
Best of luck,
Al.

cumbel...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2014, 5:29:00 PM4/20/14
在 2000年9月23日星期六UTC-4上午3时00分00秒,Carsten Stein写道: