Anyone know if these geiger counters are any good?

Guitarzan

May 1, 2012, 11:55:53 PM5/1/12

John Nguyen

May 2, 2012, 12:11:17 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 11:55 pm, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...

I heard everyone from Tokyo area bought one similar to this when the
Fukushima crisis started last year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Counter-Type-S-Japanese-Portable-stick-Geiger-Counter-/180869438598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1ca89c86

The shipping is expensive though.
Cheers,

John

Andrew Schulman

May 2, 2012, 12:26:14 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 11:55 pm, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...

Why are you getting a geiger counter?

Andrew

P.S. Or need I ask?

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 1:19:18 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 10:11 pm, John Nguyen <johnnguyen5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 11:55 pm, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...
>
> I heard everyone from Tokyo area bought one similar to this when the
> Fukushima crisis started last year:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Counter-Type-S-Japanese-Portable-stick-Ge...
>
> The shipping is expensive though.
> Cheers,
>
> John

Here's some more....
http://getaspecialdeal.com/products/CDV%20700%20geiger%20counter?tid=5337008044

http://getaspecialdeal.com/products/CDV%20700%20geiger%20counter?tid=5337008044

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 2:09:49 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 10:26 pm, Andrew Schulman <and...@abacaproductions.com>
wrote:
Yea we need to ask, the media isn't covering this catastrophe as
usual. This is the number one story of the century, and no one is
reporting on it, just a bunch of gov. cover ups. Were fucked! or I
should say our children and grand children are.

Here is a 60 minutes (Australian) interview......... Chernobyl only
had one reactor, and the spent fuel pools were never exposed.
Fukishima has 6 reactors, 3 have core meltdown and #4 reactor is
hanging on by a thread. If reactor #4 goes it's an extinction level
event...... there will be 1500 exposed fuel rods, the amount of
plutonium, is mind boggling.

IRYNA: Yes, because as you know Chernobyl fallout was over the world.
Still now in England we have some pastures which are not used for
grazing of animals because they still have contaminated with caesium
from Chernobyl.

MICHIO: All of us have a piece of Chernobyl in our bodies. Realise
that we could take Geiger counters, simulation counters and see and
actually see that radiation from Chernobyl has been incorporated into
our flesh and tissue.

LIZ HAYES: And that will be the same with Fukushima?

MICHIO: That’s right. In fact the whole world will be exposed to the
radiation from Fukushima. It means that the radiation went over the
Pacific Ocean, sailed over the United States and is now circulating
around the entire earth.

LIZ HAYES: So we’re already getting it?

MICHIO: We are already getting radiation from Fukushima.

LIZ HAYES: Do you fear that Fukushima will become the Chernobyl of
Japan, a dead centre and a place that people can never go back to?

CHIA: I think unfortunately it will become that way and has to be that
way, or it has to be kept that way.

LIZ HAYES: This nuclear disaster brings with it an enemy its victims
can’t see or smell yet has the power to take everything from them, a
cheap reliable energy source that could now cost them dearly.

MICHIO: Every nation of the world that has decided to go nuclear has
to reassess the real dangers. What’s going to happen over a 100 year,
500 year time frame? These things happen. They don’t happen often but
when they do happen they could wipe out the economy of a whole nation
and so nations have to democratically decide for themselves, are they
willing to take the risk?
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/8262363/fallout

Benoit Meulle-Stef

May 2, 2012, 3:25:10 AM5/2/12
Nothing like a good healthy paranoia...

Benoît

Slogoin

May 2, 2012, 6:28:23 AM5/2/12
On May 2, 12:25 am, Benoit Meulle-Stef <b...@bmsguitars.com> wrote:

> Nothing like a good healthy paranoia...

Why do you think this is paranoia? If it is then I'm paranoid too.

JPD

May 2, 2012, 8:09:15 AM5/2/12
Buenos Aires, here I come!

wollybird

May 2, 2012, 8:22:11 AM5/2/12
On May 1, 10:55 pm, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...

I get the big yellow one with the analog gauge, wand and vacuum tubes.
You might want to get this to wear when you're scanning the spinach at
the Piggly Wiggly store:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/140686790909?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar.
That little Japanese thing looks like a rectal thermometer

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 8:41:45 AM5/2/12
Benoit, I'm afraid it's reality my friend......... just because you
can't see radiation doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 8:48:10 AM5/2/12
On May 2, 6:22 am, wollybird <wollyb...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> On May 1, 10:55 pm, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...
>
> I get the big yellow one with the analog gauge, wand and vacuum tubes.
> You might want to get this to wear when you're scanning the spinach at
> the Piggly Wiggly store:http://compare.ebay.com/like/140686790909?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceIt....
> That little Japanese thing looks like a rectal thermometer

Yea, excellent advice Wolli........looks like I'll get the cheap
$159.00 pocket one. Next time I'm having wild Salmon at the Coyote
Cafe, I don't want to have bring the big yellow geiger counter in with
me, they might refuse me service.

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 8:51:20 AM5/2/12
Yea, I hear ya........ were screwed up here in the northern
hemisphere.......... blow back from Hiroshima....... karma's a beeeach!

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 8:55:43 AM5/2/12
OK Larry, I'm going to break my vow and address your post. Don't go
dancing in the rain, and stay out of the water. The rain is highly
radio active!

John Nguyen

May 2, 2012, 9:29:03 AM5/2/12
Yeah, don't kid yourself on this. It's the Japanese folks with geiger
counters around Tokyo who found areas of high radioactive level
concentration where the government and the power industries were
trying to play it down.

I think someday I have to move back to my dad's farm on the far side
of the earth. That is if the Vietnamese does go nuclear. Can't trust
those crazy Vietnamese guys, you know!

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 9:52:03 AM5/2/12
On May 2, 7:29 am, John Nguyen <johnnguyen5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 6:28 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
>
> > On May 2, 12:25 am, Benoit Meulle-Stef <b...@bmsguitars.com> wrote:
>
> > > Nothing like a good healthy paranoia...
>
> >   Why do you think this is paranoia? If it is then I'm paranoid too.
>
> Yeah, don't kid yourself on this. It's the Japanese folks with geiger
> counters around Tokyo who found areas of  high radioactive level
> concentration where the government and the power industries were
> trying to play it down.

John don't let Wolli hear you say that, he thinks it's all a bunch of
conspiracy theory! Wolli's using the old well trusted Vulcan
radiation mind control technique to effectively purge the plutonium,
and cacseim 137 form his , and his children's down to the 9th
generation, if he hears anything to the contrary, it will screw with
his concentration levels. See illustration below......
http://www.theclownnetwork.com/images/juggling_01.jpg

Yea, it's a crime against humanity, Japanese are more interested in
saving face, than dealing with this. I don't understand why the UN or
some such organization doesn't mark this problem number one..... and
send in every country in the world to deal with this. Instead there
chasing some black guy through the jungles of Africa.......

> I think someday I have to move back to my dad's farm on the far side
> of the earth. That is if the Vietnamese does go nuclear. Can't trust
> those crazy Vietnamese guys, you know!

I my wife has 40 acres of land in Thailand, with papaya, banana,
cashew trees, coconut, and rice fields........... hum maybe , we'll be
neighbors.

wollybird

May 2, 2012, 1:09:02 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 8:52 am, Guitarzan <dewachen1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 7:29 am, John Nguyen <johnnguyen5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >   Why do you think this is paranoia? If it is then I'm paranoid too.
>
> > Yeah, don't kid yourself on this. It's the Japanese folks with geiger
> > counters around Tokyo who found areas of  high radioactive level
> > concentration where the government and the power industries were
> > trying to play it down.
>
> John don't let Wolli hear you say that, he thinks it's all a bunch of
> conspiracy theory!  Wolli's using the old well trusted Vulcan
> radiation mind control technique to effectively purge the plutonium,
> and cacseim 137 form his , and his children's down to the 9th
> generation, if he hears anything to the contrary, it will screw with
> his concentration levels. See illustration below......http://www.theclownnetwork.com/images/juggling_01.jpg

If you recall. it was my contention that there were too many people
running around with geiger counters for a government to run a
successful misinformation campaign.
and now you're getting one

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 1:46:28 PM5/2/12
What do you mean "now we are getting one"?

dsi1

May 2, 2012, 3:09:02 PM5/2/12
Actually, it is - lost in translation.

Radiation is going to be big business! It's probably more important to
wear a monitoring badge. I used to have to wear one when I worked at a
soils lab. The big question is how accurate are these detectors and
counters? My guess is the answer is "not very." Information about the
calibration history is probably important. OTOH, just get two or more
and take a average.

wollybird

May 2, 2012, 7:44:51 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 2:09 pm, dsi1 <d...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 2:22 AM, wollybird wrote:
>
> > On May 1, 10:55 pm, Guitarzan<dewachen1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...
>
> > I get the big yellow one with the analog gauge, wand and vacuum tubes.
> > You might want to get this to wear when you're scanning the spinach at
> > the Piggly Wiggly store:
> >http://compare.ebay.com/like/140686790909?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceIt....
> > That little Japanese thing looks like a rectal thermometer
>
> Actually, it is - lost in translation.

no wonder. It probably comes with instructions like this:
http://textfail.com/2012/04/29/awesome-japanese-troll-ftw/

dsi1

May 2, 2012, 8:16:12 PM5/2/12
No doubt about it, there's a world of fun to be had when East meets
West. We can laugh at the Asian's horrible and awkward stereo
instruction and they can laugh at our brutish and backwards white devil
ways. As it goes, the translation was pretty spot on although I prefer
the hot spicy tuna roll #11. The salmon is not too bad either. I mean,
how the heck can you mess up fresh raw fish?

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 11:22:46 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 1:09 pm, dsi1 <d...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 2:22 AM, wollybird wrote:
>
> > On May 1, 10:55 pm, Guitarzan<dewachen1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Or should I just get one of the new digital ones?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atomics-CD-V-700-Geiger-Counter-Rad...
>
> > I get the big yellow one with the analog gauge, wand and vacuum tubes.
> > You might want to get this to wear when you're scanning the spinach at
> > the Piggly Wiggly store:
> >http://compare.ebay.com/like/140686790909?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceIt....
> > That little Japanese thing looks like a rectal thermometer
>
> Actually, it is - lost in translation.
>
> Radiation is going to be big business! It's probably more important to
> wear a monitoring badge. I used to have to wear one when I worked at a
> soils lab. The big question is how accurate are these detectors and
> counters? My guess is the answer is "not very." Information about the
> calibration history is probably important. OTOH, just get two or more
> and take a average.

As long as it starts ticking, that's all I care about.

Guitarzan

May 2, 2012, 11:27:30 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 6:16 pm, dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 1:44 PM, wollybird wrote:

> >> Actually, it is - lost in translation.
>
> > no wonder. It probably comes with instructions like this:
> >http://textfail.com/2012/04/29/awesome-japanese-troll-ftw/

> I mean, how the heck can you mess up fresh raw fish?

I don't know maybe if you get them from the pacific ocean, or
something, like around Fukishima?

Cactus Wren

May 3, 2012, 12:05:31 AM5/3/12
The funny thing, white folks think Asians talk funny and are inferior,
but they don't really realize that they actually do think we're fairly
disgusting barbarians. That's the breaks!

Guitarzan

May 3, 2012, 4:21:00 PM5/3/12
The infrastructure needed to extract the rods has been damaged.

The rods need to be kept within the coolant water AT ALL TIMES. The
zirconium reacts with oxygen (air) by catching fire!!

The rods are extremely hot and very very very radioactive. The coolant
water also acts as a shield.

There isnt anywhere to put them if you did extract them.

These little facts are the reason among many why they havent pulled
any out yet. I didnt know it, but read recently that the common fuel
pool is only 50 meters away.
And it contains over 6000 rods. The scenario is scary. It wont take
much for the sfp to collapse. Even last year they were saying that
concrete was "dropping" down from the pool.
If it does collapse, the result would be an enormous horrible mess of
melted fuel, bubbling away exposed to the air, buried under rubble.
And hot hot hot!!!

The scenario is actually too scary to think of. The next problem of
course would be the simply enormous radiation output, that would
instsantly completly leave no choice but to abandon the site.
Fullstop. Then the flowon effect would take out close by reactors in
the area, (I think there are three FACILITIES nearby) which would
become as part of fukushima in meltdowns etc...in other words, the
collapse of sfp 4 would initiate the end of Japan and the rest of the
world in a very real sense.

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 4:48:16 PM5/3/12
On 5/2/2012 6:05 PM, Cactus Wren wrote:
> The funny thing, white folks think Asians talk funny and are inferior,
> but they don't really realize that they actually do think we're fairly
> disgusting barbarians. That's the breaks!

The Asians have stereotyped us as badly as we have done to them. They
also stereotype other Asians. The Chinese, in my awesome opinion, will
be the worst offenders. Those guys think they're so superior.
Unfortunately, you can't argue much with a civilization that's 5,000
thousand years old.

OTOH, I think it will get better as we get to know each other. It might
take a little while though. My son's haole friend, who lives in
Pittsburgh, told me he had the most exasperating time trying to explain
to his neighbors why there's a difference between Korean and Chinese
folk. It's a tough sell, cause frankly, we do all look alike. :-)

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 4:55:59 PM5/3/12
On 5/3/2012 10:21 AM, Guitarzan wrote:

> The infrastructure needed to extract the rods has been damaged.
>
> The rods need to be kept within the coolant water AT ALL TIMES. The
> zirconium reacts with oxygen (air) by catching fire!!
>
> The rods are extremely hot and very very very radioactive. The coolant
> water also acts as a shield.
>
> There isnt anywhere to put them if you did extract them.
>
> These little facts are the reason among many why they havent pulled
> any out yet. I didnt know it, but read recently that the common fuel
> pool is only 50 meters away.
> And it contains over 6000 rods. The scenario is scary. It wont take
> much for the sfp to collapse. Even last year they were saying that
> concrete was "dropping" down from the pool.
> If it does collapse, the result would be an enormous horrible mess of
> melted fuel, bubbling away exposed to the air, buried under rubble.
> And hot hot hot!!!
>
> The scenario is actually too scary to think of. The next problem of
> course would be the simply enormous radiation output, that would
> instsantly completly leave no choice but to abandon the site.
> Fullstop. Then the flowon effect would take out close by reactors in
> the area, (I think there are three FACILITIES nearby) which would
> become as part of fukushima in meltdowns etc...in other words, the
> collapse of sfp 4 would initiate the end of Japan and the rest of the
> world in a very real sense.

It's the worst nuclear disaster ever. My guess is that there will be
others even worse in the future. That's the breaks. Japan is used to
disasters, they see life as being full of sorrow - they will prevail. If
they're good at one thing, it's prevailing. OTOH, we're in the shitter
for sure.

Cactus Wren

May 3, 2012, 4:57:51 PM5/3/12
To Mexicans, a chino is a chino. I gave up trying to splain it to
them.

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 5:28:15 PM5/3/12
On 5/3/2012 10:57 AM, Cactus Wren wrote:
> To Mexicans, a chino is a chino. I gave up trying to splain it to
> them.

Shit man, this was supposed to be the age of Aquarius and everything...

Guitarzan

May 3, 2012, 5:58:28 PM5/3/12
Tell me about it. I thought white people were bad. The Thai's don't
like Chinese, Cambodians, Veitnamese, Japanese, etc. The Japanese
think they are so superior to all other Asians, Cambodian's and Thai's
militaries are always shooten it up on their borders. The class
system is very important to Asians, basically the whiter your skin is
the higher in society you are. I still getting used to this way of
thinking.

Guitarzan

May 3, 2012, 6:01:20 PM5/3/12
All those rods are within meters of the sea....... you guys might as
well pack it up and head back to the mainland, if those rods go I
don't think people will be heading to hawaii to go snorkling for the
next 250,000 years or so...... that's the breaks.

Guitarzan

May 3, 2012, 6:02:25 PM5/3/12
That's not at least for another 500 years.

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 6:16:09 PM5/3/12
I think you are correct about the racist Asians. My Asian studies
professor used to say the Chinese act superior because they are
superior, the Korean act superior because they think that they're
superior, and the Japanese act superior because deep down, they really
think they're inferior. :-)

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 6:18:44 PM5/3/12
I'm not worried about that too much. The big active volcano next door
I'm worried about. I can see moving to the Mainland if that ever blows up.

dsi1

May 3, 2012, 6:21:10 PM5/3/12
Well that pretty much explains everything. :-)

Cactus Wren

May 3, 2012, 6:36:13 PM5/3/12
I think that's how it works in South America, too. Perhaps dark = has
to work outside for a living = low class.

John Nguyen

May 3, 2012, 7:00:48 PM5/3/12
Hear ya! I acutally thought Vietnamese was one of the worst offenders
in that stereo type department. Among its own population, everything
is fair game: South, Central, North, short, tall, light, dark, gay,
lesbian, rich, poor, mixed-race, not to mention other races. My head
is spinning thinking of what went through back then in my youth. The
only saving grace was that stereo-typing back then was not normally
vicious or hurtful (NOT NORMALLY)!!!!

Guitarzan

May 4, 2012, 8:54:02 AM5/4/12
Yea it doesn't seem at all hateful or vicious, just a fact of life.
Since ones situation in life is determined by past Karma, and all of
Asia is Buddhist it is simply accepted as reality.

Yea when I go to Thailand stereotyping or emphasis on class is there,
but is very subtle, as a foreigner you wouldn't notice it. Southern
Thai's, northern Thai's and Thai's from Issan..... oh my god! Then of
course there is the classification of foreigners by the Thai's........
Arabs, Indians, and blacks, are the lowest, then Europeans are
somewhere in the middle............ Americans, and Canadians are
ranked the highest you all will be happy to know.

When I went last year to the Asian guitar festival in Bangkok, i was
like the only white guy there who made guitars, the rest were Thai's
and Japanese. My wife (Thai) secured a booth to display my guitars.
After she talked with the organizer there in Thai, she came back
really pissed, because he told her the festival was mainly to promote
Thai makers......... I thought to myself then why do they call it an
international festival....... the Japanese maker Mr. Imai, was out of
his skin when he heard they reluctantly gave me a booth, he stomped
out of the room. It didn't help matters much when I told the Thai
guitar makers I wanted to move to Thailand a make guitars. Needless
to say, I will never participate in that festival again.

Guitarzan

May 4, 2012, 8:59:32 AM5/4/12
Yea they are obsessed with the color of their skin....... constant
commercials for women advertising a cream to make your skin white
( probably the same stuff Michael Jackson used). But yea, I think it
has to do with the fact low jobs are outside all day.

I try to explain to my wife westerners like dark skin, they lay at the
beach all day to get a tan, while Asians cover the skin from the sun.

Matt Faunce

May 4, 2012, 10:51:15 AM5/4/12
On 5/4/12 8:54 AM, Guitarzan wrote:

> When I went last year to the Asian guitar festival in Bangkok, i was
> like the only white guy there who made guitars, the rest were Thai's
> and Japanese. My wife (Thai) secured a booth to display my guitars.
> After she talked with the organizer there in Thai, she came back
> really pissed, because he told her the festival was mainly to promote
> Thai makers......... I thought to myself then why do they call it an
> international festival....... the Japanese maker Mr. Imai, was out of
> his skin when he heard they reluctantly gave me a booth, he stomped
> out of the room. It didn't help matters much when I told the Thai
> guitar makers I wanted to move to Thailand a make guitars. Needless
> to say, I will never participate in that festival again.

You don't think your getting a booth might have been the initial wedge
in making this a truly international festival? Maybe if you follow up
you will become the Jackie Robinson of luthiery in Thailand.
--
Matt

Guitarzan

May 4, 2012, 11:12:38 AM5/4/12
Ha ha! A big fish in a small pond!

Matt Faunce

May 4, 2012, 12:42:19 PM5/4/12
Yeah, I guess to them it seemed more like Babe Ruth playing in their
Negro leagues for a series. The opposing team might not have liked that.
I've heard it said that the integration of MLB ruined the vibrant Negro
leagues, although all for the greater common good.
--
Matt

wollybird

May 4, 2012, 3:11:30 PM5/4/12

dsi1

May 4, 2012, 5:32:55 PM5/4/12
On 5/4/2012 2:59 AM, Guitarzan wrote:
> Yea they are obsessed with the color of their skin....... constant
> commercials for women advertising a cream to make your skin white
> ( probably the same stuff Michael Jackson used). But yea, I think it
> has to do with the fact low jobs are outside all day.
>
> I try to explain to my wife westerners like dark skin, they lay at the
> beach all day to get a tan, while Asians cover the skin from the sun.

Ganguro was a fashion style for Japan teen school girls. They would get
the most alarming of deep, deep, tans and bleach out their hair. Ganguro
might be considered passe these days but the good news is that at least
the fashion is done with makeup rather than UV lamp exposure.

http://www.wtfjapanseriously.com/2010/01/ganguro-girls_11.html

Ivan K.

May 9, 2012, 5:30:19 PM5/9/12
Why is this on rec.music.classical.guitar ?

John Nguyen

May 9, 2012, 5:56:21 PM5/9/12
On May 9, 5:30 pm, "Ivan K." <ivan_521...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why is this on rec.music.classical.guitar ?

'cause radiation could impact one's ability to play guitar, in as very
bad way!

wollybird

May 9, 2012, 5:53:51 PM5/9/12
On May 9, 4:30 pm, "Ivan K." <ivan_521...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why is this on rec.music.classical.guitar ?

There is a rumor going around that Kohno guitars have dangerous levels
of radition

Matt Faunce

May 9, 2012, 11:22:25 PM5/9/12
On May 9, 5:30 pm, "Ivan K." <ivan_521...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why is this on rec.music.classical.guitar ?

RMCG over the years turned into a sort of watering hole for guitarists
and guitar enthusiasts to hang out. I believe that this aspect of RMCG
is what kept it alive. You'll see the same group of people posting
here for years. Off topic diversions keep some of us regulars coming
back. I, for one, cannot talk about technique or music theory for log
without getting bored. If off topic subjects were censored you'd lose
me as a contributer, and I think others would lose their habit of
checking in. Sometimes there's a lull in the addition of on-topic
posts, and the off-topic stuff keeps us here, checking in.

Guitarazan, who started this thread, has knowledge of the guitar that
is very wide and deep. I, for one, want him and people like him here.
He's a creative thinker, which is what gives his on-topic postings
their depth. Creative thinkers often have, or maybe always have a
swarm of disparate thoughts flowing through their heads. Sometimes
disparate ideas connect in unexpected ways leading to insights and
discoveries. Other times they don't connect but they (we) still try,
which is entertaining to watch. This thought process is what drives
them to dream, wonder, and wander off topic. Again, it's the mode of
thinking that gives them the depth to gain insight into the classical
guitar, and I don't think it's a good thing to stifle it.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Matt

Andrew Schulman

May 10, 2012, 12:30:09 AM5/10/12
I thought it was extradition...

Andrew

Andrew Schulman

May 10, 2012, 12:31:36 AM5/10/12
Very good post!

Andrew

Douglas Seth

May 10, 2012, 11:48:02 PM5/10/12
On May 9, 5:53 pm, wollybird <wollyb...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
I played mine today. My fingers started to glow and felt sick. I
started playing my Navarro and felt much better!

Guitarzan

May 11, 2012, 11:58:56 AM5/11/12
Depends on what year it was made.......

Breaking news...... Japan shut down all their Nuclear reactors!