Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

The group called Hope of Glory?

1.176 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Jimbo156

okunmadı,
21 May 2002 12:15:5321.05.2002
alıcı
I am in South Texas. Back in the late 70s or early 80s, there was a
group
playing in churches in Texas called THE HOPE of GLORY. I recall at
least one album of their music. They had guitars and a drummer, but
it was far from rock...there is really nothing even close to the style
of music that they played. It was not at all raucous, the drums were
very subdued/light, never a heavy beat. Really inspirational. Anyway,
I was trying to find info about them, about name of album released,
possible source, etc. but a Google search (as I thought) turned up
nothing on any group by this name. I met them once, but have long
since forgotten all of the members' names. The group may have
disbanded 20 years ago, and they were sure never nationally known.
There is now a group called "Song of Glory" in SOuth Texas....that's
not them! Any ideas?

Coater boy

okunmadı,
23 May 2002 04:04:3223.05.2002
alıcı
Hope of Glory came to Southeast Iowa and played at a church about '79 or '80.
They sounded good. At the time they had 3 albums out and I bought one of each.
The titles of the albums are:
Same Sweet Song, Be Ready, and Second Look.
All 3 albums have the same address on them of where they were produced at which
was at the time:Tempo Records, 1900 W. 47th Place, Mission, Kansas, 66205
Yahoo.com turned up zilch.
Only on the Same Sweet Song album cover do they have the band members names.
They were: Tim Wade, Rick Thigpen, Gary Ingram, Bubba Chambers, and Melvin Mar.

Johnny Pate

okunmadı,
23 May 2002 18:43:0423.05.2002
alıcı
I have been looking for info on Hope of Glory myself. I know they
changed their
name to "The Hope" and put out an album entitled "Which Side Are You
On?". Very good
album with a Bruce Cockburn song on it. That's about all I know, let me
know if you find
out anything.

Johnny Pate

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
6 Tem 2012 20:44:186.07.2012
alıcı
Bubba chambers, Rick Thigpen, Gary Ingram, Melvin Marr were the main men. I have converted all thier albums over to CD's and mp3 and still enjoy them. Bubba Chambers is on Facebook.

uhbg...@yahoo.com

okunmadı,
13 Eyl 2013 00:05:3513.09.2013
alıcı
It's nice to be remembered.Btw, I only have one "r" in my last name. lol ...Melvin

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
2 Mar 2014 02:58:332.03.2014
alıcı
Melvin, I am sorry. Can you please e-mail me at ste...@nwi.net

itge...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
11 Mar 2014 14:39:3211.03.2014
alıcı
does any of their music have a digital footprint that we could listen to??

loved the group. We had a Christian coffee house in Lancaster, SC during the summer of 74 and they came thru once maybe twice but rocked the house back then. Gee wonder why I too am looking for their music after all these years.

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
12 Mar 2014 11:41:5612.03.2014
alıcı
On Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:15:54 AM UTC-7, Jimbo156 wrote:

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
12 Mar 2014 11:45:0212.03.2014
alıcı
On Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:15:54 AM UTC-7, Jimbo156 wrote:

cassandr...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
2 Nis 2014 00:08:062.04.2014
alıcı
to you who had the cds - can I buy copy from you? they came to my church quite frequently. I correspond with Bubba on facebook, but he has no media

roat...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
12 Haz 2014 18:52:5812.06.2014
alıcı
We all want to purchase the Same Sweet Song album music by the Hope Of Glory...come on Bubba...help us out please!

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
29 Haz 2014 23:56:2329.06.2014
alıcı
I have all on digital and can make CD's and I have Bubba's permission. Only charge for the cost of shipping and 50 cents for the actual CD. can contact me at ste...@nwi.net

rippy...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
26 Eki 2014 22:09:1326.10.2014
alıcı
I'd be interested in getting a copy.

jdfri...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
15 Şub 2015 02:02:5115.02.2015
alıcı
This is amazing...I've searched for so long for information on the band. I was 8 yrs. old when I saw the concert at Christ for the Nation's in Dallas, Tx. That concert solidified Worship in my life. I will also purchased a cd for each album. Please contact me.

samca...@fumcbridgeport.org

okunmadı,
20 Şub 2015 09:53:0420.02.2015
alıcı
I am emailing you Steve about the cds.
rev.sam....@gmail.com

samca...@fumcbridgeport.org

okunmadı,
20 Şub 2015 09:59:5620.02.2015
alıcı
I heard Hope of Glory at Wichita Falls (TX) High School in about 1973-4. I was so moved by their music, especially their rendition of "Power in the Blood". And particularly the song "Only Jesus" which I performed at my brother's wedding several years later in 1981 with a Fender Rhodes. :) Those days are just gone. I am a United Methodist Pastor in Bridgeport Texas. fumcbridgeport.org

kwsu...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
22 Haz 2015 13:02:0622.06.2015
alıcı
All, has anyone received the copies of The Hope of Glory music? I would love a copy as well. - keith

floyd...@sbcglobal.net

okunmadı,
26 Kas 2015 11:14:0426.11.2015
alıcı
Sir. I would also like a copy of whatever Hope of Glory you have on cd
My email is floyd...@sbcglobal.net
Thanks
Allen

sportsp...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
6 Oca 2016 07:38:376.01.2016
alıcı
I am also VERY interested in getting the music of Hope of Glory. If anyone can hook me up with their music I would greatly appreciate it. My email is sportsp...@gmail.com. I live in Virginia but grew up in Dallas, Texas. I, too, got to see them in concert....LOVED THEM! I used to have the vinyl...but lost it through the years.

Thanks,
Rachel

dougla...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
6 Mar 2016 21:43:106.03.2016
alıcı
I remember playing their album over and over, at the age of 13. One song said...Christian, how did your life get in the shape it's in? You didn't even realize the things that you were doing they were wrapped in sin. I can't tell you where you went wrong, but Jesus blood can make you strong. All you have to do is to look upon His face. All you have to do is step inside His grace.
Now you've heard the message and the words that we've all had to say. We've lifted song and speech and our hands, and pointed to the way......
Sorry if I messed up any words.
What a blessing that album was to me as a struggling 13 year old raised in church, the world of the 70's started to wrap its hands around me....but God...in His infinite Grace was warring for my soul, and we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus.

auntjemim...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
1 Nis 2016 23:11:571.04.2016
alıcı
They have another album called "Under the Spout Where the Glory Comes Out". This is the only albumn my parents ever bought. The names on this albumn are: Van Wilkes; Hank Alrich; Mary Egan; Tom Reed; Tomas People; Ed Vizard and Kerry (no last name given. There is no address or date but I know it had to be late 70's (77 to 79).
Karen

ste...@nwi.net

okunmadı,
26 Haz 2016 00:45:0926.06.2016
alıcı
On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 8:11:57 PM UTC-7, auntjemim...@gmail.com wrote:
> They have another album called "Under the Spout Where the Glory Comes Out". This is the only albumn my parents ever bought. The names on this albumn are: Van Wilkes; Hank Alrich; Mary Egan; Tom Reed; Tomas People; Ed Vizard and Kerry (no last name given. There is no address or date but I know it had to be late 70's (77 to 79).
> Karen

Karen, yes it was around 73 and I have the album and trying to put on cd.

roat...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
5 Tem 2017 21:29:325.07.2017
alıcı
Would you be willing to share your MP3 for the Hope of Glory Album? I have been seeking it out for quite some time. Thanks! roat...@gmail.com

mys...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
7 Oca 2018 11:52:347.01.2018
alıcı
Hi Steve,
So grateful the Lord had Hope of Glory come to Georgia Southern, Statesboro, Georgia.

Please let me know how I may purchase the CD

Gratefully His,

lmerri...@catoosa.k12.ga.us

okunmadı,
11 Şub 2018 00:23:3711.02.2018
alıcı
Melvin, if you still check this thread - my brother, Alex, was your roadie a summer or two. He is trying to get in touch. Please contact me at lmerri...@catoosa.k12.ga.us

cgad...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
24 Mar 2018 13:42:1924.03.2018
alıcı
I would gladly pay for a digital copy of the Second Look album if possible.

Thank you
Ray Christensen
www.mrsnorthway.com

didra...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
6 Nis 2018 17:11:146.04.2018
alıcı
I have four albums though the first one is not as good of shape as the last three. I have converted e everything to digital.

shan.ga...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
30 Haz 2018 07:56:2330.06.2018
alıcı
I was deeply affected by the band Hope of Glory when they came through Atlanta in 1973 and 1974. Would love to know how to purchase any albums that have been converted to digital. Thank you. shan.ga...@gmail.com

parker...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
10 Oca 2020 18:10:5410.01.2020
alıcı
I sang in the chorus with Tim Wade at Waycross Highschool, back in the 70's. I was at the concert when you guys enlisted Tim. What ever happened to him?

jennifer...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
15 Oca 2020 22:09:3515.01.2020
alıcı
My dad is Gary Ingram, the drummer. My parents still have all the albums. I have enjoyed reading all the comments.

dt7...@yahoo.com

okunmadı,
15 Oca 2020 23:50:4115.01.2020
alıcı
I’m also interested in the group Hope of Glory, but I believe everyone else on this thread is talking about a different group, one that had a different style of music. I had the album Which Side Are You On And I played it endlessly! I want a CD of theirs again!

sidney...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
7 Nis 2020 07:41:077.04.2020
alıcı
We used to go see them in Atlanta at The Joyful Noise. I have two of their albums. Always enjoyed their music

bcham...@live.com

okunmadı,
12 May 2020 22:22:0212.05.2020
alıcı
Hey, Bubba Chambers here from
'The Hope of Glory/The Hope. Just saw a
thread from many folks asking
about records. Some from along time ago.
None of our stuff has been digitized at this point,
but I'm looking into it.

I'm also currently in the studio cutting a new record.
Some of the guys from the band are on it as well.
I post updates periodically on my Facebook page.
Thanks so much for all the kind remarks. I've been encouraged. Jesus is Lord. 😎🎶

psii...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
12 Haz 2020 11:02:0912.06.2020
alıcı
I first saw you in the early-mid 70s at our home church in Columbia, SC. I have 2 or 3 of your albums incl the self-titled one. Were you together in 1973? Did you tour then? The reason I ask is because the first verses I memorized were Col. 1:26-29, w/1:27 being the "foundational" verse of your band. I had an "emotional acceptance encounter" and responded to an altar call at a youth retreat in 1969, but it wasn't until early Feb in 1973 when I completely gave my heart to Jesus. Within 6 weeks I was leading Bible studies for our youth group with some help from my pastor and a Vice Principal at my high school... and then you came to our church! Reflecting on my first memory verse (your verse: Col. 1:26-29!) this AM reminded me of you and brought me here! I'm SO glad to see you're "still here", given the falling away/departure of so many of our generations over the years. Thanks so much for encouraging us to memorize the Word back then, so long ago! Outside of the Navigators and folks like you, few talked of the importance of memorization back then.
I pray thus finds you well and hope to hear more of your journey.
Howard Meyer
psii...@gmail.com

Kevin Jacks

okunmadı,
22 Eyl 2020 22:33:2022.09.2020
alıcı
Back around 1973 I was in high school and asked to preach at a youth night at a church in Houston. Afterward a band called The Hope of Glory performed in a small house converted to a youth building. Later I went to hear them in concert where it was announced that Bubba was getting married and that they had just bought their first tour bus. I remember one of the members was leaving to go back to play for a then famous rock band. Now this is about 47 years later and I hope I remember the facts. I just got my 8 track of their first album called THE Hope of Glory converted to CD. I do not believe it was produced by Tempo. Songs I loved - Power in the Blood, Motorcycle, Daybreak Joy, Jesus He's More plus all the rest. I just got the 8 track converted to cd and found I could still sing along and remembered the words. Two women also performed and had beautiful voices but their names are not mentioned. I think Bubba married one of them. I just reconnected with a church friend from back then and he remembered the names of the band members and mentioned they were the source of him playing in Christian bands and leading the music for churches. As the Blues Brothers said, "It's time to get the band together again."

Lori Gregg

okunmadı,
17 May 2022 20:44:1417.05.2022
alıcı
Back in the early 70's, Hope of Glory spent about a week in Kingville, Texas, then went a little north to Corpus Christi. In Kingsville, the band met a young long haired blonde haired girl that ran around barefoot and blue jeans mostly. She also liked to do hand embroidery.
I embroidered Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon triangular rainbow on the back of a blue jean jacket and a sunrise on the back pocket of a pair of blue jeans and I think with a dove.
If anyone remembers, I like to say "Hi!" and thank you for your kindness. I still remember ya'll, especially Melvin.
İleti silindi

Kevin Jacks

okunmadı,
8 Eyl 2023 08:56:378.09.2023