Question For Ojo

Fell Swoop

Jan 7, 1995, 8:03:55 AM1/7/95
In article <3enhgb$5...@earth.usa.net> solomon@earth (Dennis Stalnaker) writes:

>Ok, here's a question I've been asking forever, and still haven't got a
>good answer to. Finaly, some people who can help me out. On the album
>'Balance of Power' (my personal favorite) there is a song called...

Now you've done it. You never should have decloaked. You're going to be
answering questions about lyrics for the rest of your net.life.

>sob!<

BTW, do you know why Michael Jackson said "The chair is not my son" in that
Billy Jean song?

Never coming, really (sob!): The World Wide Web Jack Chick Archive!
Send comments/contributions to v...@teleport.com or
dej...@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk.
Although they'll just be wasted because it's never really coming...
Hi, Canter & Siegel !

Fell Swoop

Jan 7, 1995, 12:14:29 PM1/7/95
In article <3eo9ru$l...@risc.agsm.ucla.edu> JOSEPH...@ANDERSON.UCLA.EDU (ojo) writes:

>In article <vx.2314....@teleport.com>
>v...@teleport.com (Fell Swoop) writes:

>> Now you've done it. You never should have decloaked. You're going to be
>> answering questions about lyrics for the rest of your net.life.

>Hehehe...who said I was going to answer them?

Well, if you don't, we'll just have to start a rumour that you've
backslidden...

Westfall D.

Jan 7, 1995, 12:36:31 PM1/7/95
Recently I picked up the Brainstorm sampler that includes Adam Again's
song "Worldwide". Since it doesn't have a lyric sheet, I'm having
difficulty deciphering one of the lines in the song. Could you give me a
hand? It is the lyric immediately BEFORE "Does anybody care about justice?"

Many thanks. I've really appreciated your work (both in the studio, and
behind the boards) for a long time.

Daryl

--
+----------------------+--------------------------------------------------+
| Daryl Westfall | For a list of Intel jokes (which you've probably |
| 1 602 939-7288 msg +--------------------------------------------------+
| 1 602 841-0422 fax | THOSE WHO CAN, DO. THOSE WHO CAN'T, FLAME. |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------------------+

Dennis Stalnaker

Jan 7, 1995, 9:09:15 PM1/7/95
Ok, here's a question I've been asking forever, and still haven't got a
good answer to. Finaly, some people who can help me out. On the album
'Balance of Power' (my personal favorite) there is a song called 'The Way
of the Rose' (I'm sure you've heard of it :) The lyrics in question are
"Nine and thirty beats the daylights out of me
Three, Seven, Nine
All fall down another time on the way of the rose"
And then in the notes at the end it has "And here's another clue for you
all. There are fourteen in all."

What do the numbers refer to?
(Oh yeah, and when are you going to do a tour that goes through Colorado :)

--
* sol...@usa.net * Evil shows up in the nicest places *D.A.S* *
* Dennis Rene Stalnaker * Death shows up in the prettiest faces *

Gugene

Jan 7, 1995, 4:44:37 PM1/7/95
I'll get this one, joe.....It says "What about Headman Shabalala?", a
member of the group Ladysmith Black Mambazo who was pulled over and killed
by a fellow South African, for no apparent reason other than he was
black. By the way, the lyrics come with the album and the tape "DiG"
....chek it out

Gene

Thiek

Jan 7, 1995, 11:43:45 PM1/7/95
Nice to see you here Ojo! You might have heard of me, I was the ONE who
BOUGHT "Relative"! (Chuckle)

OJO writes:

>In fact this whole "so and so is the Christian Alternative to the secular
band .... " is one reason Christian music will never excel. It MUST stand
or fall on its own artistic merits.

THIEK writes:

THAT IS SO TRUE! BMI seems to be a label that takes that to heart. Adam
Again and LSU (& Mike Knott solo stuff) both on BMI (?) are two of the
BEST bands I have heard. I also bought a couple of the first rap releases
on BMI (SFC, D-Twins, Freedom of Soul) which were put together very well.

I was in Jr. High & High school when I first heard UNDERCOVER: God Rules
and Boys & Girls. I hold that music dear to my heart, how fun! BRANDED is
nothing short of excellent. Unfortunately, when the new material came out
the demos didn't strike me, so I never purchased them. Not that they were
bad, just different music for a different audience. I did see you play at
C-stone 93, that was a blast, especially the guest appearance with Mark
Solomon. The other surprise was how in shape you were, kudos!

One of your best pieces was never an Ojo or Undercover release....GET OFF
THE AIR. Is your bro still around? Any chance of another Nobody Special
release? Is there any never released Nobody Special material around I
could get my hands on?

Another quick question, on 3-28-87 I remember you thanking David (Squid)
Joo in the credits. Is he still around?

Nice to see you on the net!
Kris B.
- - - - -
"I don't practice what I preach
because I'm not the type of person I'm preaching to."
Bob Dobbs

ojo

Jan 8, 1995, 12:14:37 AM1/8/95
In article <3enqi1$c...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>
th...@aol.com (Thiek) writes:

> BMI seems to be a label that takes that to heart. Adam
> Again and LSU (& Mike Knott solo stuff) both on BMI (?) are two of the
> BEST bands I have heard. I also bought a couple of the first rap releases
> on BMI (SFC, D-Twins, Freedom of Soul) which were put together very well.

Theik - (BTW, ahem...the label name is BAI(Brainstorm Artists
International))

Thanks for the cool letter. I'll pass your comments along to the guys
(and girls).

Nobody Special is inactive and I don't expect to see anything from them
in the foreseeable future. As for Squid... he's my kid... turns 13 this
week and he played some keyboards on 2 songs of FORUM. I don't know who
David Joo is though.
C ya' around

ojo

O. Joseph Taylor | "Rob the average man of his life-illusion
and Brainstorm Artists | you rob him also of his happiness"
Undercover, UCLA, etc. | - Henrik Ibsen,The Wild Duck

ojo

Jan 8, 1995, 12:36:03 AM1/8/95
SHOOT!

There was another good question or so that I lost somehow. It had to do
with the numbers in Way of the Rose from Balance of Power. Please
Repost it and I think there might have been another I lost as well....
sorry.

Ojo

P.S. Thanks to you all for the warm greetings.

ojo

Jan 8, 1995, 4:05:02 AM1/8/95
In article <vx.2314....@teleport.com>
v...@teleport.com (Fell Swoop) writes:

> Now you've done it. You never should have decloaked. You're going to be
> answering questions about lyrics for the rest of your net.life.

Hehehe...who said I was going to answer them?

Dennis Stalnaker

Jan 8, 1995, 6:52:54 PM1/8/95
ojo (JOSEPH...@ANDERSON.UCLA.EDU) wrote:
: SHOOT!

: There was another good question or so that I lost somehow. It had to do
: with the numbers in Way of the Rose from Balance of Power. Please
: Repost it and I think there might have been another I lost as well....
No prob, I think it's still around somewhere, but I'll re ask it for you.
What do the numbers refer to in the song 'Way of the Rose'

"Nine and thirty beats the daylights out of me
Three, seven, nine
All fall down another time on the way of the rose."
And in the liner notes was written "And here's another clue for you all.
There are fourteen in all."
This has been bugging me on and off for the last 4 years....

The other question I asked was when you were going to tour in Colorado :)

: P.S. Thanks to you all for the warm greetings.
P.S. Your welcome :)

ojo

Jan 8, 1995, 7:45:02 PM1/8/95
In article <3eptsm$1...@earth.usa.net>
solomon@earth (Dennis Stalnaker) writes:

> What do the numbers refer to in the song 'Way of the Rose'
> "Nine and thirty beats the daylights out of me
> Three, seven, nine
> All fall down another time on the way of the rose."
> And in the liner notes was written "And here's another clue for you all.
> There are fourteen in all."
> This has been bugging me on and off for the last 4 years....
>
> The other question I asked was when you were going to tour in Colorado :)

Thanks for the repost. In order to avoid rumors of my being backslidden
(per the above) I will KINDA answer the question. Actually, nine and
thirty I thought was kinda obvious....C'mon... beats the daylights
outta me?... 39 lashes.

As for 3,7,9... that's a little tougher. I suggest you go to a Catholic
church and look at the walls. Somewhere you will find pictures / icons
depicting 14 events. These are present in every catholic church in one
way or another. If they are not in the one you go to, you could ask
somebody about them, or go to another one. Then, find the third,
seventh, and ninth one and get those events... Link all of this and the
other lyrics in the song together along with the title of the song,
which should have been Via Dolorosa.. the way of sorrow (my mistake...
I always thought it was Via De la Rosa.. the way of the rose.. one of
my bigger embarassments) and let me know what you come up with. Hey
this will be fun!!! Kinda like a Christian version of ZORK.

As for touring Colorado, I dunno.

ojo

Fell Swoop

Jan 8, 1995, 5:21:46 AM1/8/95
In article <3eq0ue$p...@risc.agsm.ucla.edu> JOSEPH...@ANDERSON.UCLA.EDU (ojo) writes:

>As for 3,7,9... that's a little tougher. I suggest you go to a Catholic
>church and look at the walls. Somewhere you will find pictures / icons
>depicting 14 events. These are present in every catholic church in one
>way or another. If they are not in the one you go to, you could ask
>somebody about them, or go to another one

These are called "The Stations of the Cross," I believe, just so you know what
to ask for... : )

Jim Kinnison

Jan 9, 1995, 9:12:05 AM1/9/95
In article <3eq0ue$p...@risc.agsm.ucla.edu> ojo,

JOSEPH...@ANDERSON.UCLA.EDU writes:
>this will be fun!!! Kinda like a Christian version of ZORK.

It's wose than that - CDs like those adventure books. You know - "If you
want to say heloo, turn to page 982." You guys could do the same with CD
tracks.

Jim

===
Jim Kinnison | For a really good time,try Daniel Amos
The Johns Hopkins University | _Motorcycle_
Applied Physics Laboratory |
j...@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu |