Burger King and The Newsboys

Norman Leach

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

has anyone noticed that the song off of BK's new chicken commercial sounds
remarkably like Shine (or is it the other way around)? just the opening
guitar.
norm

Jerry B. Ray

Oct 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/24/97

In article <01bce070$97a89ca0$6257...@ansonpc10.anson-industries.com>,
Norman Leach <nor...@anson-industries.com> wrote:

Yep, I've noticed that, too. I think it's a case of "Shine" sounding
like that song, though. It's another one of BK's recycled 70's song
commercials, IIRC.

JRjr
--
%%%%% vap...@prism.gatech.edu %%%%%%%% Jerry B. Ray, Jr. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.

Nathan Milliron

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97

Norman Leach wrote:

> has anyone noticed that the song off of BK's new chicken commercial sounds
> remarkably like Shine (or is it the other way around)? just the opening
> guitar.
> norm
The song is "All Right Now", a 1970 hit for Free, a secular band whose
singer and drummer were founding members of Bad Company.

Jerry B. Ray

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97

In article <34575B...@hotmail.com>,
Nathan Milliron <krx...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> has anyone noticed that the song off of BK's new chicken commercial sounds
>> remarkably like Shine (or is it the other way around)? just the opening
>> guitar.

>The song is "All Right Now", a 1970 hit for Free, a secular band whose

>singer and drummer were founding members of Bad Company.

That's not the commercial he's talking about; he's talking about the
"you sexy thang" commercial.

Neiby

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97

>That's not the commercial he's talking about; he's talking about the
>"you sexy thang" commercial.

Yeah, the one with the annoying guy saying "I believe in miracles", right? I
thought that "Shine" sounded like that when I first heard it, also. But, I
don't know what the song is.

*-===-*-===-*
-- Neiby

"I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then..." - Bob Seger

The Furies webpage: http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/costello/0/index.html

don...@imagixx.net

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97

In article <19971029211...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

ne...@aol.com (Neiby) wrote:

> >That's not the commercial he's talking about; he's talking about the
> >"you sexy thang" commercial.
>
> Yeah, the one with the annoying guy saying "I believe in miracles", right? I
> thought that "Shine" sounded like that when I first heard it, also. But, I
> don't know what the song is.
>
> *-===-*-===-*
> -- Neiby

It took me a while to understand what that guy was saying. I finally
looked up at the screen when it was on and it had the lyric printed.

"I dee bee dee mer dee bee, you sexy thang"

Donnie
don...@imagixx.net

sugar, sugar kandy pop, just don't let the music stop!- Manda Rin (Bis)

Marty and Nancy Jane

Oct 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/29/97
It's a 70's thing, as my kids would tell me. It started out " I believe
in miracles, where you from, you sexy thing? Our music was not always
very high in literary content!

Gabriel Ataya

Oct 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/30/97

> We're talking the mighty Hot Cholocate here!
>
> You Sexy Thing is an all time classic. (this does not mean that Clock
> will get away with murdering it. They will executed at dawn. thankfully
> the original is being re-released in the UK to cash in on The Full Monty)

Awesome, that song is an All Time classic - it rocks!!!!!

What did you think of the Full Monty?

Cheef Dan

Oct 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/30/97

"You Sexy Thing" and "Shine"?

Hmmm....
I know both songs, and I never thought they sounded the same.

Guess I'm just old.

SheepyFuzz

Oct 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/30/97

<krx...@hotmail.com> writes:

>Norman Leach wrote:
>>
>> has anyone noticed that the song off of BK's new chicken commercial sounds
>> remarkably like Shine (or is it the other way around)? just the opening
>> guitar.

>> norm

>The song is "All Right Now", a 1970 hit for Free, a secular band whose
>singer and drummer were founding members of Bad Company.

different commercial. the song is "you sexy thing."
the name of the artist has slipped through my memory, but i know the tom
tom club did a lousy cover of it.

sha
###shauna annette laVoy, starring as Sheep...@aol.com#########
#######~*am i that easy to ignore?* ~sixpence none the richer######

Chris Humeniuk

Oct 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/30/97

Yep, that's what i thought when i heard the beginning. I was thinking, "Wow,
they finally used a Christian song in a commerical." Then i listened to the
rest of the commerical. The disappointment was there. I guess i have to rely
on my cd player for Christian music.
Chris

Stacy Saveall

Oct 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/31/97

> different commercial. the song is "you sexy thing."
> the name of the artist has slipped through my memory, but i know the tom
> tom club did a lousy cover of it.

orginal by "Hot Chocolate" ...and it was not much better

Chuck Pearson

Nov 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/3/97

Tony Bowden (to...@crux.blackstar.co.uk) wrote in response to Gabriel Ataya
(gab...@ncs.co.nz), in a totally tangential move:
: : What did you think of the Full Monty?

: Super film.
: Like Brassed Off could have been if it had been funnier and less concerned
: with ramming the point home.

i am just getting WAY too many recommendations to go see this film. God
help me, i just might.

chuck [at least it wasn't made in hollywood, so i don't have conscience
problems with watching it...]
--
...and it won't break my heart to say goodbye.
[thanx to rich mullins. for everything.]

Sean Volke

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

On 3 Nov 1997 08:10:56, Chuck Pearson <cpea...@freenet.columbus.oh.us> wrote:
>Tony Bowden (to...@crux.blackstar.co.uk) wrote in response to Gabriel Ataya
>(gab...@ncs.co.nz), in a totally tangential move:
>: : What did you think of the Full Monty?
>: Super film.

Oh yeah.

>: Like Brassed Off could have been if it had been funnier and less concerned
>: with ramming the point home.

Agreed again. Brassed Off wielded its politics like a heavy club, whereas
Monty covered similar territory but left the serious stuff as a subtext
with the comedy at the forefront.

>i am just getting WAY too many recommendations to go see this film. God
>help me, i just might.

You should.

_Gattaca_ starts here this week. Looks interesting from the blurb and
may actually be intelligent. Comments ? And I've just missed _The
Kingdom part II_; they only gave it three screenings in Sydney as it's
between film festivals at the moment. Hopefully it will be back.

bye
--
snail | sn...@careless.net.au | http://www.careless.net.au/~snail/
I'm a man of my word. In the end, that's all there is. - Avon