your favorite top ten pop/rock songs

moonpie

Nov 1, 2010, 12:53:35 PM11/1/10

by anybody

mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow

Sweet Jane
Bohemian Rhapsody
Nowhere Man
Daytripper
Bird on a Wire
Gypsy (suzanne vega)
Burn (deep purple)
Substitute
Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
Jumpin Jack Flash

JohnB

Nov 1, 2010, 1:09:41 PM11/1/10

Here Comes The Sun
Penny Lane
Strawberry Fields Forever
Come Up And See Me, Make Me Smile
Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley version)
In My Life
Because
Isn't It Amazing?
It's Over
Without You

... and of course, the list will be different tomorrow. Those were
just off the top of my head and probably influenced by my mood, other
things we've been discussing, other stuff going on around me, usual
stuff...

Really it's too big a pool to choose from.

moonpie

Nov 1, 2010, 2:05:14 PM11/1/10

yeah i know, i just wanted to see what people fave songs were, right
now, this very minute

Nil

Nov 1, 2010, 2:08:00 PM11/1/10
On 01 Nov 2010, moonpie <mr_rc_...@yahoo.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow

Mine change whenever I hear a good one. Here what comes to mind now,
disregarding Beatles songs (that would be stacking the deck too much.)
I'm concentrating on uptempo stuff rather than ballads...

No Matter What - Badfinger
Drive In Saturday - David Bowie
What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding - Elvis Costello
Somebody Loves You - Nik Kershaw
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
San Francisco - Jill Sobule
Calling It Quits - Aimee Mann
Easy, Lucky, Free - Bright Eyes
My Before and After - Cotton Mather
Play This Game - Utopia

mcnews

Nov 1, 2010, 2:08:19 PM11/1/10

good vibrations
walk on the wild side
round about
constant craving
brass in pocket
strawberry fields
come together
penny lane
black hole sun
scary monsters and super creeps

moonpie

Nov 1, 2010, 3:29:38 PM11/1/10

that XTC is one of my favorites too, that entire album, "English
Settlement", is one of my all time faves

Alert

Nov 1, 2010, 3:26:55 PM11/1/10

I also have disqualified the Beatles from my list:

Blue Moon - Elvis Presley
Ten Years Gone - Led Zeppelin
Everybody's Talking - Harry Nilsson
Heroes - David Bowie
Tumbling Dice - Rolling Stones
Train In Vain - The Clash
Within Your Reach - The Replacements
Must Be Love - Rickie Lee Jones
You Get What You Give - The New Radicals
Love Reign O'er Me - The Who

mcnewsxp

Nov 1, 2010, 5:47:46 PM11/1/10

"Alert" <aler...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
i could have easily picked 10 beatles songs or said all beatle songs count
as one. i will always listen to any beatles song on the radio and any post
beatles song too.

Fattuchus

Nov 1, 2010, 5:52:08 PM11/1/10

My opinion changes as far as fave songs. I might have a completely
different list tomorrow. It depends on what I feel like doing. If I
feel like dancing or moving to the music, my list might be one thing.
If I am in the mood for romance or something quiet, I'd have a
different list.

If I were in the mood to dance, I would think of songs by Michael
Jackson, Madonna, La Bouche, Black Eyed Peas, etc.

My dance list might be, in no particular order :

Where do You Go (by No Mercy)
We Like to Party (Venga Boys)
Vogue
Like a Virgin
Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
I Got a Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
Rock Your Body
Be my Lover (La Bouche)

globular

Nov 2, 2010, 10:34:34 AM11/2/10

After a whip round my audio files. In no particular order.

Are Everything - Buzzcocks
Model Worker - Magazine
Sarah Smiles - Bram Tchaikovsky
Just Dropped in (to See What Condition My Condition Was In) - Kenny
Rogers & the First Edition
Coloured Rain - Traffic
Maximum Acceleration - Ultravox
Shadows - The Electric Prunes
Baby That's Me - Leslie Gore
Don't Make A Sound - The Like (not including the false second part)
Morning Night And Day - New Order

The Fuh King

Nov 2, 2010, 11:08:38 AM11/2/10
On Nov 1, 3:26 pm, Alert <alert6...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> You Get What You Give - The New Radicals

Nice one!

Too bad Gregg Alexander decided to flame out so early -- it's a damned
good album. His pop sensibility is excellent.

crazytimes

Nov 2, 2010, 11:27:18 AM11/2/10
On Nov 1, 12:53 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Not my all-time, but here's some tunes I fondly remember hearing on
the radio in the early 80s when they were new, just before MTV took
over as the media tastemaker... (Inspired by whoever included 'Train
In Vain' on their list)...

Dreaming...
Woman...
(Just Like) Starting Over...
All Those Years Ago...
Coming Up...
Train In Vain...
Don't You Want Me...
Brass In Pocket...
Hungry Heart...
Think About Me...
Leather and Lace...
Same Auld Lange Syne...
Love Is Like A Rock...
All of My Love...
Walks Like A Lady...
Back On The Chain Gang...
She's So Cold...
Romeo's Tune...
Crazy Little Thing Called Love...
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me...
Arthur's Theme...
I Love Rock n' Roll...

The Fuh King

Nov 2, 2010, 11:34:53 AM11/2/10
On Nov 2, 11:27 am, crazytimes <crazytime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Love Is Like A Rock...

Donnie Iris!
Were you living in western PA at the time, or was he more national
than that?

P.S. My best friend's girlfriend lives in Asheville - he just got back
from there last night.

crazytimes

Nov 2, 2010, 11:39:30 AM11/2/10

Was living in WVa at the time, actually... in the penta-state area...
Asheville is a nice place; saw Paul in Charlotte back in July...
Great show...

The Fuh King

Nov 2, 2010, 12:04:03 PM11/2/10
On Nov 2, 11:39 am, crazytimes <crazytime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 2, 11:34 am, The Fuh King <bellyfl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 2, 11:27 am, crazytimes <crazytime...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Love Is Like A Rock...
>
> > Donnie Iris!
> > Were you living in western PA at the time, or was he more national
> > than that?
>
> > P.S. My best friend's girlfriend lives in Asheville - he just got back
> > from there last night.
>
> Was living in WVa at the time, actually...

Close enough.

In the early 80s, I was in the Westwood One bus where they supposedly
did some post for the Back On The Streets album -- anyway, the
engineer had a copy of the "Ah! Leah!" master (naughty engineer), so I
got to hear the gazillion-track vocal overdubs isolated. Hair-raising,
it was.

moonpie

Nov 2, 2010, 1:07:27 PM11/2/10

going to asheville this weekend

my parents live near there

nice area

Nil

Nov 2, 2010, 1:58:57 PM11/2/10
On 02 Nov 2010, moonpie <mr_rc_...@yahoo.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> going to asheville this weekend

> my parents live near there
>
> nice area

I was just there last month. Real pretty there.

Jeff

Nov 2, 2010, 6:02:49 PM11/2/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I would have to go back to the 1930's to come up with a list.

The Lone Star

Nov 2, 2010, 7:52:18 PM11/2/10
"He's A Rebel" - Darlene Love
"Am I The Man" - Jackie Wilson
"What's The Matter Baby" - Timi Yuro
"Punish Her" - Bobby Vee
"Forget Him" - Bobby Rydell
"Ask Me Why" - The Beatles
"No Reply" - The Beatles
"The Big Hurt" - Toni Fisher
"Donna The Prima Donna" - Dion
"Kiddio" by Brook Benton

globular

Nov 3, 2010, 10:02:37 AM11/3/10
globular wrote:
> moonpie wrote:
>> by anybody
>>

>> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>>

>> Sweet Jane
>> Bohemian Rhapsody
>> Nowhere Man
>> Daytripper
>> Bird on a Wire
>> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
>> Burn (deep purple)
>> Substitute
>> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
>> Jumpin Jack Flash
>
> After a whip round my audio files. In no particular order.
>
> Are Everything - Buzzcocks
> Model Worker - Magazine
> Sarah Smiles - Bram Tchaikovsky

the album version, not the earlier single, different organ sound for one

moonpie

Nov 3, 2010, 10:07:55 AM11/3/10

so? whats stopping you?

no time machine?

Jales

Nov 3, 2010, 10:11:13 AM11/3/10
Ten of my favorite songs, no particular order, no Beatles:

All This Is That - The Beach Boys
Firth Of Fifth - Genesis
Better Days - Badfinger
Us And Them - Pink Floyd
From The Beginning - ELP
Lazy - Deep Purple
Sunrise - The Who
Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
Can't You Hear Me Knocking - The Rolling Stones
Oh Well - Fleetwood Mac

Jeff

Nov 3, 2010, 11:27:37 AM11/3/10

I would have to write it all down. This thread could last
for years. :-)

> no time machine?

I might drop dead with all the writing. My machine (me)
might give out.

moonpie

Nov 3, 2010, 12:31:47 PM11/3/10

the thread wasnt intended to be a stress point.

If you can think of ten pop/rock songs that you like RIGHT NOW, jot
them down.

Alert

Nov 3, 2010, 12:42:20 PM11/3/10
> Ten of my favorite songs, no particular order, no Beatles:
>
> All This Is That - The Beach Boys

Great song!

Alert

Nov 3, 2010, 12:51:44 PM11/3/10
moonpie wrote:
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane

Great choice.

I'm a huge fan of the live version from "Rock n Roll Animal," with the
excellent guitar interplay of Hunter and Wagner.

Jales

Nov 3, 2010, 12:58:34 PM11/3/10
On 3 nov, 13:42, Alert <alert6...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > All This Is That - The Beach Boys
>
> Great song!

One of my all time faves. Great "mood"

JohnB

Nov 3, 2010, 1:10:53 PM11/3/10
Another day, another ten:

Winter Dies - Midlake
Station Approach - Elbow
Jiggery Pokery - The Duckworth Lewis Method
Rambling Man - Laura Marling
Faithhealer - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Les Furies - Starless & Bible Black
Elephants - Crowded House
When Your Mind's Made Up - Swell Season
The Liberty Of Norton Felgate - Madness
Cheese & Ham - Stackridge

... and another day, it would be another list, but I won't indulge
further.

Well, probably not ... :-)

moonpie

Nov 3, 2010, 2:51:25 PM11/3/10
On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:51:44 -0700 (PDT), Alert <aler...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

I like that, but it was always Mott the Hooples version, with mick
ralphs nice lead to close it out, that I liked most of all

moonpie

Nov 3, 2010, 2:52:00 PM11/3/10
On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:10:53 -0700 (PDT), JohnB
<john...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote:

>Another day, another ten:
>

>Faithhealer - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

You cant go wrong with a clown and an SG.

rwalker

Nov 3, 2010, 4:03:30 PM11/3/10
On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:58:34 -0700 (PDT), Jales <jale...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Which album was that on?

Jeff

Nov 3, 2010, 6:58:29 PM11/3/10

Okay, "Bye bye Blues" is from the 1930's, but I have to look at
the charts to remember what was a top 10 hit. Old age has
set in, but I like that one for starters.

Jeff

Nov 3, 2010, 7:21:11 PM11/3/10

"Dancing with tears in my eyes" Nat Shikret and his orchestra
"Beyond The Blue Horizon" Jeanette MacDonald
"Bye Bye Blues" Bert Lown

Jales

Nov 4, 2010, 1:28:18 PM11/4/10
On 3 nov, 17:03, rwalker <rwal...@despammed.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:58:34 -0700 (PDT), Jales <jales...@hotmail.com>

> wrote:

> >> Great song!
>
> >One of my all time faves. Great "mood"
>
> Which album was that on?

Carl And The Passions - So Tough (1972)

Ray

Nov 4, 2010, 2:20:29 PM11/4/10
On Nov 1, 12:53 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

This afternoon it is:

Mississippi - "Papa" John Phillips
In My Life - The Beatles
Honky Tonk Women - The Rolling Stones
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Avalon - Roxy Music
White Man in Hammersmith Palais - The Clash
Book of Rules - The Heptones
Something - The Beatles
Soul Man - Sam and Dave
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry

Subject to change at a moment's recollection.

Ray

Nov 4, 2010, 2:40:48 PM11/4/10

Damn! Inca Roads by Frank Zappa just came on, (Paris France, May 20
1988) and that is now number one. Move everything else down a notch.
Sorry chuck.

That may, in fact, be the "Best Band (most of) You Never Heard in Your
Life", I remain in awe after all these years.

rwalker

Nov 4, 2010, 3:25:05 PM11/4/10
On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:28:18 -0700 (PDT), Jales <jale...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 3 nov, 17:03, rwalker <rwal...@despammed.com> wrote:

Ah. OK. Thanks.

moonpie

Nov 4, 2010, 3:50:30 PM11/4/10
On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:40:48 -0700 (PDT), Ray <6sicks...@gmail.com>
wrote:

One of my faves too. Quacamole Queen!!

We saw Dweezils band play it note for note, with Napoleon Murphy Brock
singing too. Great stuff.

Ray

Nov 4, 2010, 5:01:59 PM11/4/10
On Nov 4, 3:50 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:40:48 -0700 (PDT), Ray <6sickstri...@gmail.com>
> singing too. Great stuff.- Hide quoted text -

I really want to see ZPZ, so far circumstances have prevented me from
getting that together.

I was fortunate enough to see the '88 band at the Tower in Philly, one
of the better nights I had in the 80's.

Jeff

Nov 4, 2010, 6:44:38 PM11/4/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Glenn Miller "In The Mood"

Jeff

Nov 4, 2010, 6:47:39 PM11/4/10

Chuck Berry "Johnny B. Goode"

JohnB

Nov 4, 2010, 6:54:46 PM11/4/10

I just listened to "Head & Heart" by John Martyn and thought, put that
on my list, but then I heard Billie Holiday singng "That Ol' Devil
Called Love", then I heard Kate Bush's "Hounds Of Love", then it was
"Clear White Light" by Lindisfarne. And so it goes. I just can't do a
top ten and I haven't got time to do a top thousand, even if I could
settle on that.

Jeff

Nov 4, 2010, 7:01:03 PM11/4/10

Yeah, it's very hard, John. I have to go through the charts cause
I can't remember this stuff anymore, and some of it I was
raised on when I was 4.

Jeff

Nov 4, 2010, 7:03:40 PM11/4/10

Les Brown Orchestra "Sentimental Journey"
The Harmonicats "Peg O' My Heart"

Jeff

Nov 5, 2010, 4:22:18 AM11/5/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

World Party "Curse of the Mummy's Tomb"

Just kidding, but was this a top 10 hit?
It has a George Harrison style of
guitar in there.

globular

Nov 5, 2010, 7:11:47 AM11/5/10
moonpie wrote:
> by anybody
>

> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>

> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

A quick list.

What is Life George Harrison
Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan
I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night The Electric Prunes
If You Think You're Groovy PP Arnold
Here Comes The Nice The Small Faces
Society's Child Jan Ian
She Lives In A Time Of Her Own The 13th Floor Elevators
Til The End of the Day The Kinks
Are Friends Electric Gary Numan
That Summer Feeling Jonathon Richman

globular

Nov 5, 2010, 7:15:00 AM11/5/10
globular wrote:
> moonpie wrote:
>> by anybody
>>

>> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>>

>> Sweet Jane
>> Bohemian Rhapsody
>> Nowhere Man
>> Daytripper
>> Bird on a Wire
>> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
>> Burn (deep purple)
>> Substitute
>> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
>> Jumpin Jack Flash
>
> A quick list.
>
> What is Life George Harrison
> Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan
> I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night The Electric Prunes
> If You Think You're Groovy PP Arnold
> Here Comes The Nice The Small Faces
> Society's Child Jan Ian
=Janis Ian

crazytimes

Nov 5, 2010, 8:03:37 AM11/5/10
On Nov 5, 7:11 am, globular <takecarebew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> moonpie wrote:
> > by anybody
>
> > mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> > Sweet Jane
> > Bohemian Rhapsody
> > Nowhere Man
> > Daytripper
> > Bird on a Wire
> > Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> > Burn (deep purple)
> > Substitute
> > Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> > Jumpin Jack Flash
>
> A quick list.
>
> What is Life  George Harrison
> Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan
> I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night The Electric Prunes
> If You Think You're Groovy  PP Arnold

Haven't heard the this one in years... It was on that Immediate
greatest comp...

> Here Comes The Nice  The Small Faces
> Society's Child  Jan Ian
> She Lives In A Time Of Her Own  The 13th Floor Elevators

Easter Everywhere rules... The Baby Blue on it is my fave Dylan
cover...

> Til The End of the Day   The Kinks

Definitely a superior Kinks song...

topaz

Nov 5, 2010, 8:23:35 AM11/5/10
On Nov 1, 12:53 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

There are so many wonderful rock songs. I also like Bohemian
Rhapsody very much and Jumpin Jack Flash from your list.

I would put "Duane's Tune" and "Rock Bottom" by Dickie Betts in my
favorite list as well as It's Only Rock and Roll by the Stones, Hush
by Deep Purple, and Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith. Oh yes and I
also like I Can't Drive 55 by Sammie Hagar and his commentary and
performance during Farm Aide. That guitar on Duane's Tune is so fine
it is supernatural and sometimes the song makes me cry even though it
is an instrumental.

topaz

Nov 5, 2010, 8:27:21 AM11/5/10

Oh and of course I meant to include I am The Walrus and A Day in
the Life

globular

Nov 5, 2010, 9:16:18 AM11/5/10
crazytimes wrote:
> On Nov 5, 7:11 am, globular <takecarebew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> moonpie wrote:
>>> by anybody
>>> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>>> Sweet Jane
>>> Bohemian Rhapsody
>>> Nowhere Man
>>> Daytripper
>>> Bird on a Wire
>>> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
>>> Burn (deep purple)
>>> Substitute
>>> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
>>> Jumpin Jack Flash
>> A quick list.
>>
>> What is Life George Harrison
>> Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan
>> I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night The Electric Prunes
>> If You Think You're Groovy PP Arnold
>
> Haven't heard the this one in years... It was on that Immediate
> greatest comp...

Not on the Immediate comp I have (a single CD). I have a CD of her two
albums, various producers according to the liner notes, including Mick
Jagger on one song (I think). It's The Small Faces playing on that
song, who can be seen on the film clip of it too. It's in desperate
need of remastering. I particularly like her version of The First Cut
is the Deepest too.

>> Here Comes The Nice The Small Faces
>> Society's Child Jan Ian
>> She Lives In A Time Of Her Own The 13th Floor Elevators
>
> Easter Everywhere rules... The Baby Blue on it is my fave Dylan
> cover...

I've got to get the rest of their albums.
A group with more going on than is seen at first.

>> Til The End of the Day The Kinks
>
> Definitely a superior Kinks song...

The ultimate song of its type I guess.

globular

Nov 5, 2010, 9:19:07 AM11/5/10

Mistake, film clip of The First Cut is the Deepest

moonpie

Nov 5, 2010, 9:52:59 AM11/5/10
On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:01:59 -0700 (PDT), Ray <6sicks...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Nov 4, 3:50 pm, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/296ekdl

DVD of the more recent dweezil zappa shows, two full DVDs, great
sound, highly recommended

crazytimes

Nov 5, 2010, 9:57:11 AM11/5/10
On Nov 5, 9:16 am, globular <takecarebew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not on the Immediate comp I have (a single CD).  I have a CD of her two
> albums, various producers according to the liner notes, including Mick
> Jagger on one song (I think).  It's The Small Faces playing on that
> song, who can be seen on the film clip of it too.  It's in desperate
> need of remastering.  I particularly like her version of The First Cut
> is the Deepest too.

The comp I have is a 2-LP called the Immediate Singles Story, or
something like that...

globular

Nov 5, 2010, 12:13:53 PM11/5/10

Mine's probably older

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jeff

Nov 5, 2010, 6:06:10 PM11/5/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumping to 1968:

Jumping Jack Flash
Mony Mony

JohnB

Nov 5, 2010, 6:21:01 PM11/5/10
On Nov 5, 9:17 pm, poisoned rose <pro...@wipingbottoms.com> wrote:
>  PJ <palejewel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I also checked into PR's Black Rebel Motorcycle club a bit - but then
> > my attention got diverted by this.
>
> Just in case it wasn't clear, I was not endorsing BRMC. I just said that I was checking out their
> new album. I did not care for it.
>
> Here, have some good ones. ;)
>
> http://www.myspace.com/localnatives/music/albums/gorilla-manor-14926850
>
> http://www.myspace.com/lauramarling/music/albums/i-speak-because-i-ca...
>
> http://www.myspace.com/thefutureheads/music/albums/the-chaos-15655438
>
> http://www.myspace.com/eels/music/albums/tomorrow-morning-16456772
>
> http://www.myspace.com/mumfordandsons/music/albums/sigh-no-more-15069945
>
> http://www.myspace.com/rufuswainwright/music/albums/all-days-are-nigh...
>
> http://www.myspace.com/neilyoung/music/albums/le-noise-16686481
>
> http://www.myspace.com/edharcourt/music/albums/lustre-15989310
>
> http://www.mergerecords.com/store/jukebox2.php?catalog_id=717
>
> http://www.myspace.com/freelancewhales/music/albums/weathervanes-1342...
>
> http://www.myspace.com/thebesnardlakes/music/albums/the-besnard-lakes...

Some excellent choices there. I mentioned Laura Marling earlier - I
like her a lot. Mumford & Sons are getting a lot of attention over
here at the moment. The Besnard Lakes is definitely one I want to
investigate further, sounds very interesting. Not so keen on Neil
Young - but you can't win 'em all.

Message has been deleted

Jeff

Nov 5, 2010, 7:02:43 PM11/5/10

Vaughn Monroe Ghost Riders in the sky
Leadbelly Goodnight Irene
Judy Garland Over the Rainbow
Woodie Guthrie This land is your land
Jimmy Davis You are my Sunshine

JohnB

Nov 6, 2010, 9:57:23 AM11/6/10
On Nov 5, 10:59 pm, poisoned rose <pro...@wipingbottoms.com> wrote:

> JohnB <johnbo...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote:
> > Some excellent choices there. I mentioned Laura Marling earlier - I
> > like her a lot. Mumford & Sons are getting a lot of attention over
> > here at the moment. The Besnard Lakes is definitely one I want to
> > investigate further, sounds very interesting. Not so keen on Neil
> > Young - but you can't win 'em all.
>
> Here's one for you, if you haven't heard it yet:
>
> http://www.myspace.com/poppyredrt/music/albums/dream-attic-16506434
>
> I think it's just OK by his standards. Not enough guitar solos...not
> enough of the biting, personal stuff as opposed to trad-folk
> storytelling.

Yes, got that. I think it's a bit better than just Ok, but apart from
Sweet Warrior, most of his albums have been a bit hit and miss since
the 80s, plenty of highlights but plenty of just so-so.

who?

Nov 6, 2010, 7:31:22 PM11/6/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Aquarius Fifth Dimention
Sugar Sugar The Archies
Dizzy Tommy Roe

who?

Nov 6, 2010, 7:41:11 PM11/6/10

Bridge over troubled Water
Close to You
Get ready Rare Earth
Band of Gold Freda Payne

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 12:12:36 AM11/7/10
On Nov 1, 11:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Judy Garland Over The Rainbow.

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 3:16:52 AM11/7/10
On Nov 1, 10:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Joy to the World, Three Dog Night
Maggie May/Find a Reason to Believe, Rod Stewart
It's Too Late, Carole King

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 5:22:09 AM11/7/10

My love
The way we were Barbara Streisand

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 5:23:51 AM11/7/10

Rhinestone Cowboy Glen Campbell

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 5:31:38 AM11/7/10

Tennesse Waltz Patti Page

who?

Nov 7, 2010, 5:34:32 AM11/7/10

Hey Good Lookin' - Hank Williams
How High The Moon - Les Paul & Mary Ford

globular

Nov 7, 2010, 6:07:08 AM11/7/10

I thought of a couple of these songs, I'm not sure you're serious.
I once caught a lot of flak for liking Dizzy.

globular

Nov 7, 2010, 6:07:32 AM11/7/10

Billy Thorpe Over The Rainbow, a classic

Jeff

Nov 7, 2010, 6:14:19 AM11/7/10

Me too, but we can't be concerned about what other
people like. We just like what we do.

Jeff

Nov 7, 2010, 3:44:54 PM11/7/10
On Nov 1, 10:53 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> by anybody
>
> mine, at least today, i will change my mind tomorrow
>
> Sweet Jane
> Bohemian Rhapsody
> Nowhere Man
> Daytripper
> Bird on a Wire
> Gypsy (suzanne vega)
> Burn (deep purple)
> Substitute
> Good Things Come to those who Wait (Jason and Scorchers)
> Jumpin Jack Flash

Bette Davis Eyes Kim Carnes

Message has been deleted

Jeff