Whatever happened to Jan Carson?

arthur...@my-deja.com

Dec 17, 2000, 3:13:23 PM12/17/00
Afternoon, everybody!

I came across a used copy of MMT and liked it a lot. I was wondering if
any of the good Beatlefans here know what happened to the cast of the
film, particularly Jan Carson. It looks like the Fabs were into a very
random Dada-style period in the movie and was wondering if the
supporting cast was off-the-cuff or if they were somehow cult figures in
Britain. I know that the Bonzos and Spinetti were, and was wondering the
same about Jan Carson and Aunt Jessie.

Well, I wonder more about Jan to be honest :) Most of what I've found
about MMT is only "Paul is Dead" stuff.

I also think that since MMT is so random, it might be fun to see a DVD
with extra footage and out-takes added, and then played in some random
order so it would be REALLY unpredictable and random. :)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mister Charlie

Dec 17, 2000, 10:07:16 PM12/17/00
In article <91j6ov$7ki$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
wasn't Jan Carson the stripper?
--

"...don't you know who's a 2000 man? And your kids they just won't
understand you at all..."

arthur...@my-deja.com

Dec 17, 2000, 10:26:09 PM12/17/00
In article <91jv13$p82$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Mister Charlie <cc...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> wasn't Jan Carson the stripper?

Yes, and that is partly why I am asking the question. :) At first glance
MMT looks like it was only just featuring anyone and everyone the
Beatles dragged in off the sidewalk. And then you look closer and see
Victor Spinetti and the Bonzos who are certainly legit talents. I don't
know enough about mid-60s London, but is it possible that Jan Carson was
well-known in the area at the time? Or was she an unknown? the entire
cast of MMT is pretty darn interesting (and eccentric!) and I haven't
found much about them yet.

AJ

Lizz Holmans

Dec 17, 2000, 11:20:37 PM12/17/00
In article <91jv13$p82$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Mister Charlie <ccmj5@my-
deja.com> writes

>In article <91j6ov$7ki$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> arthur...@my-deja.com wrote:
>> Afternoon, everybody!
>>
>> I came across a used copy of MMT and liked it a lot. I was wondering
>if
>> any of the good Beatlefans here know what happened to the cast of the
>> film, particularly Jan Carson. It looks like the Fabs were into a very
>> random Dada-style period in the movie and was wondering if the
>> supporting cast was off-the-cuff or if they were somehow cult figures

OK, time for my 'Close Encounter with a Beatle Acquaintance, The
Sequel'.

I was hanging out in Foyle's book shop a year or so ago, browsing in the
poetry section. There was this old guy standing at the checkout point,
chatting with the clerk. As I am a born kibitzer, I horned in on the
conversation. The elderly gentleman was very nice--said he was a poet
himself, and gave me two of his very short, one-line poems he had made
up as stickers. One said 'Never knowingly understood.'

When I got home that night, I mentioned to TMIL I'd met this interesting
geezer at Foyle's and showed him the stickers. They were signed 'Ivor
Cutler.'

'IVOR CUTLER! YOU MET IVOR CUTLER?' TMIL was moved to some excitement.
'He's my favorite poet in the world! I have five of his albums!'

I stood there abashed, for I had never heard of Ivor Cutler.

And it wasn't until about three weeks ago that I figured out he had
played Buster Bloodvessel in 'Magical Mystery Tour'. Now I was
completely turned to shit. Think of what I could have asked him!

Lizz 'Never knowingly understoopid' Holmans
--
Lizz Holmans

Stephen Carter

Dec 18, 2000, 7:10:03 AM12/18/00
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:20:37 +0000, Lizz Holmans
<di...@jackalope.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>When I got home that night, I mentioned to TMIL I'd met this interesting
>geezer at Foyle's and showed him the stickers. They were signed 'Ivor
>Cutler.'
>
>'IVOR CUTLER! YOU MET IVOR CUTLER?' TMIL was moved to some excitement.
>'He's my favorite poet in the world! I have five of his albums!'
>
>I stood there abashed, for I had never heard of Ivor Cutler.

Tsk Tsk - deep and profound noises of disapproval from here!

--
st...@stephencarterNOSPAM.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Mister Charlie

Dec 18, 2000, 9:04:19 AM12/18/00
In article <GIq1pDAV...@jackalope.demon.co.uk>,
D'OH!!!!

arthur...@my-deja.com

Dec 19, 2000, 6:16:52 PM12/19/00
> OK, time for my 'Close Encounter with a Beatle Acquaintance, The
> Sequel'.

[rest of post snipped for bandwidth preservation]

Crikey! That's a better story than I'd have hoped for! If you ever see
Ivor Cutler again, could you ask him if he and Aunt Jessie ever lived
happily ever after? <grin>

cybert...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2017, 3:17:12 PM1/18/17
The Magical Mystery Tour was originally a PG on the VHS version but on the DVD is a 12+. Why should it be a 12! PG works just fine AS THE LITERAL DESCRIPTION OF IT IS SOME SCENES MAY BE UNSUTIBLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN! Why did the British film censors office make it a 12+ on the DVD version! Anyway I'm rambling on about random stuff but to answer your question, Jan Carson's probably retired from the Paul Ramond Revenue bar and living happily into of age.

Steve Jones

Jan 26, 2023, 7:44:50 PM1/26/23
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 12:17:12 PM UTC-8, cybert...@yahoo.com wrote:
> The Magical Mystery Tour was originally a PG on the VHS version but on the DVD is a 12+. Why should it be a 12! PG works just fine AS THE LITERAL DESCRIPTION OF IT IS SOME SCENES MAY BE UNSUTIBLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN! Why did the British film censors office make it a 12+ on the DVD version! Anyway I'm rambling on about random stuff but to answer your question, Jan Carson's probably retired from the Paul Ramond Revenue bar and living happily into of age.

When me brother visited Cavendish Way and met Mr.McCartney, I asked besides his autograph, did you per chance take a few snaps? He said it was too dark. What, the one time in the universe you meet Macca and you dont even snap a single rotten pic? If you met a sasquatch, would you say, nah, its too dark to shoot pics in the woods??? Oh well. Wish I still had that autograph. Oh well...life goes on.