Interesting story re GHs home in Hawaii

TheWalrusWasDanny

Dec 13, 2010, 6:25:40 PM12/13/10

I thought this an interesting story about GHs home in Hawaii. The guy
has given me permission to share his post with you so here it is:

beyondalohas
Hello Danny & Jazzy im so taken by your talent, so please excuse me
for too many mails and messages. thats just me!

i too am a musician of sorts, with a band experience.
living in the USA ( Oregon )
so i want to share with you, little a tid-bit!

we vacation in Hawaii, when we can!
On Maui is a small town reminding us of yesterdays Hawaii, very quiet,
peaceful, no rush, no malls etc..

the rich too live there, although not too many. musicians for sure,
such as
George Harrison. its called Hana, Maui.
although he could afford to live out a fantasy in my opinion. he says
it was
to get away. but he also had about 8 or less homes and that is why i
call them
a fantasy lived out. How much seclusion can you have? Haaaaa

1 home of George's was and island off the coast of Australia. only 2
families were there i think, he was #2.
it was so secluded, you needed a boat or plane only to get to there.
VERY LUSH, very private! he had no worries of those peeking in the
least!

moving to Hawaii ( Hana, Maui ) he had more trouble when it came to
someone,
trying to sneak a peak. Many acres and not easy to see or find, unless
there were a helicopter!
its off a famous road called "the road to Hana" very lush, long,
twisty road, with such mind blowing views and surfers. it could also
be dangerous to drive.

so i too looked for anything telling me i MIGHT be close to George's
home.
after he passed away, his family still kept the home, we were told by
the local
Hawaiians!

after we came home i did more research and realized we had driven next
to his driveway. but it is VERY common looking, as though it was any
road.
it blended in!
there are NO good photos taken from the helicopters of his property.
unless you know what the coastal terrain and cliffs look like.
his property drops off into the ocean.
i think i may had seen a few pics of his home inside, when they
allowed a family photo or 2 out.
but that was as close as i have EVER came to a Beatle. although my
wife,
saw them in Portland Oregon during their very 1st tour.

there was 1 Hawaiian lady who broke into his Hana home and was eating
from the kitchen and using his phone, when she called family to tell
them, what she was doing!
they promptly called the police! but also we are reminded of the
dangers he, his wife, John had gone through when attacked by the
mental cases!
if you were to walk along this "Road to Hana" you would feel the calm,
peace it all has to offer! so its very well understood why George
would live there!

Danny & Jazzy hope you liked my story. we miss George and the others.
But George was quite different from the other Beatles (in my view),
his home on Hawaii, truly gives the feel of George's peace!

Alohas, Dave in Oregon

The Lone Star

Dec 13, 2010, 7:34:39 PM12/13/10
On Dec 13, 5:25 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

> if you were to walk along this "Road to Hana" you would feel the calm,
> peace it all has to offer! so its very well understood why George
> would live there!

I had never heard the name of the place in Hawaii where George lived!

Now, his song about eating Hawaiian psychedelic mushrooms means even
more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3XaCCH7MM

Jeff

Dec 13, 2010, 7:58:29 PM12/13/10

My brother walked by a place where George lived. He lived
around there for 3 1/2 years. Some friends told him that
some pot sellers were disappointed that George didn't
pay tons of money for the pot...being that he was so
wealthy. Silly.

Fattuchus

Dec 13, 2010, 8:33:02 PM12/13/10
On Dec 13, 6:25 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

> I thought this an interesting story about GHs home in Hawaii. The guy
> has given me permission to share his post with you so here it is:
>
> beyondalohas
>  Hello Danny & Jazzy im so taken by your talent, so please excuse me
> for too many mails and messages. thats just me!
>
> i too am a musician of sorts, with a band experience.
> living in the USA ( Oregon )
> so i want to share with you, little a tid-bit!
>
> we vacation in Hawaii, when we can!
> On Maui is a small town reminding us of yesterdays Hawaii, very quiet,
> peaceful, no rush, no malls etc..

Long ago I visited Hawaii. It's a beautiful, magical place.

TheWalrusWasDanny

Dec 13, 2010, 8:36:26 PM12/13/10
> Long ago I visited Hawaii.  It's a beautiful, magical place.

If I went I'd go butterflying! (as you've probably gathered!)

Danny

Fattuchus

Dec 13, 2010, 8:40:51 PM12/13/10
On Dec 13, 8:36 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

> > Long ago I visited Hawaii.  It's a beautiful, magical place.
>
> If I went I'd go butterflying! (as you've probably gathered!)
>
> Danny

I can't recall specifics now about the butterflies of Hawaii, but
since it is a tropical paradise, I imagine it has many exotic
species. I do recall many lovely tropical birds.

Maui, IIRC, has a couple of high mountain peaks. During certain times
of the year, one could go to the upper levels of the mountains and go
skiing, I'm told. That's how chilly it would get up there. Then,
later in the day or the next day if the weather were nice, one could
drive down the mountain and enjoy the ocean and the beaches.

Amazing place.

TheWalrusWasDanny

Dec 13, 2010, 8:43:56 PM12/13/10

The butterflies will be many and probably only specific to Hawaii
since it's an island far away from much else..there'll be loads of
them because it's hot..If I was there I'd just do butterflies all the
time..as you do.

Danny

Message has been deleted

TheWalrusWasDanny

Dec 13, 2010, 9:17:11 PM12/13/10
On Dec 14, 1:52 am, PJ <palejewel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 3:25 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

> wrote:
>
> > I thought this an interesting story about GHs home in Hawaii. The guy
> > has given me permission to share his post with you so here it is:
>
> > moving to Hawaii ( Hana, Maui ) he had more trouble when it came to
> > someone,
> > trying to sneak a peak. Many acres and not easy to see or find, unless
> > there were a helicopter!
> > its off a famous road called "the road to Hana" very lush, long,
> > twisty road, with such mind blowing views and surfers. it could also
> > be dangerous to drive.
>
> Huh. I did the Road to Hana a few times. The waterfalls were only a
> trickle though when we got to the top of that slow ass road - kinda a
> cross between Highway 1 by Big Sur and the road down to Stinson Beach
> in Marin on a foggy day (just to make it slower) for those in CA.  We
> saw one natty dread type guy wandering about with the green, gold, red
> lion flying and that was about it for points of interest. I don't know
> about GHs house specifically, but the whole road had that Hawaii weed
> refugee vibe - lots of ashram and new age types end up over there.
>
> GH-related coincidence: Back when GH was still alive, I went to my
> local post office, noticed a colored card on the floor and picked it
> up to throw it away; it was a Change of Address for "Olivia Harrison"
> - changing what i think was an office address to Santa Monica
> somewhere around the promenade IIRC and I probably don't. (Yeah, I
> threw it away.)

Interesting news report about his house on Hawaii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io6Fe-PJc8M

Danny

Message has been deleted

The Nice Mean Man

Dec 14, 2010, 1:37:16 AM12/14/10
wrote:

> I thought this an interesting story about GHs home in Hawaii. The guy
> has given me permission to share his post with you so here it is:

You made the whole damned thing up for attention. Too interesting. I
don't believe a single word.
A little tip: Next time, go lightly with the '!'

The Nice Mean Man

TheWalrusWasDanny

Dec 14, 2010, 4:25:18 AM12/14/10

Iben it was a private message to me and Jazz...I asked the guy if I
could make it public in here afterwards coz I thought folk might be
curious.

Danny

scouser

Dec 14, 2010, 5:09:10 AM12/14/10

Both your accounts are trueish (the sound is gone from my pc so i dont
know what the news report is actually saying on youtube) - however the
lady who ate the pizza from George's fridge was from the US and not a
native Hawaiin. This story is quite widely known and told. She felt
she had a connection with him. When George was told about it he said
not to press charges.

i knew a chap from Hana who used to bump into George at the Store etc.
Years later he ended up as a Bell Captain at that posh Hotel in LA
(Beverley Hills Hotel from memory) and he happened to be serving
George's suite. They used to chat about stuff and George said not to
call him Mr Harrison but George. He gave him the newly released cd of
ATMP and signed it for him with the word "Mahalo" (on his way home to
Friar Park on Christmas Day) - the second most important word in the
Hawaiin language - it is a sort of greater version of "Thanks".

There are photos of the house from a helicopter - George designed the
interior himself and had a great time digging and planting the garden.

As to the disingenuous PJ - blame George's agent for not doing the
necessary - he didn't buy a house like ordinary people did. And there
are always two sides to a story - did this easement suddenly start
getting used when George took residence - eg. When he bought his home
in Hamilton Island he was assured it was very private. When he had
moved in the person who owned the land started advertising the fact
that George was living there in order to sell other properties. So his
peace was shattered - once again.

The story with the mushrooms was they were so nice that he just kept
eating them all day and eventually passed out and hit his head and had
to be rushed to hospital! The moon over Hana was also his inspiration
for "Here Comes the Moon" and it was not just a rip off of "Here Comes
the Sun" as some people say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=effaYm3xJF4 -

hope its ok - i can'thear it. The image of his with his gta is him
working on HCthe M - the rest are of him in Friar Park - that
recording studio was his own. Ofcourse he was different to the other
Fabs.

Message has been deleted

scouser

Dec 14, 2010, 1:12:35 PM12/14/10
On Dec 14, 11:18 am, PJ <palejewel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2:09 am, scouser <denise.theophi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > As to the disingenuous PJ - blame George's agent for not doing the
> > necessary - he didn't buy a house like ordinary people did.
>
> Would you please spare me the "ordinary people" crap?
>
> It's up to you as the buyer, whether through your agent or your staff,
> to do due diligence - which is why I included the Donald Trump
> example. Christ. I suppose you can sue your agent if they knowingly
> lied.
>
> Blocking public access on the Road to Hana is like blocking ppl's
> access to God in a religious institution. I'm quite serious - I'm only
> being slightly dramatic. It's an ocean culture. It's why ppl buy their
> property. If you don't have your usual access on that road, it's not
> like there's another trail a hop, skip, and jump away.

You have such a pleasant way with words.

The Lone Star

Dec 14, 2010, 1:48:44 PM12/14/10
On Dec 14, 4:09 am, scouser <denise.theophi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> The moon over Hana was also his inspiration
> for "Here Comes the Moon" and it was not just a rip off of "Here Comes
> the Sun" as some people say.

As I have said a number of times George Harrison became an
extraordinary poet in some of his solo songs and "Here Comes The Moon"
is definitely one!

Check this out from "Here Comes The Moon":

"God's gift I see that moving up there into the night.
Though dark the mirror in the sky reflects us our light.
Looks like a little brother to the sun
Or mother to the stars at night,
And here it is!
And here it comes!"

+George Harrison +

scouser

Dec 15, 2010, 3:46:12 AM12/15/10

Just glorious.

Free Assange!

Dec 15, 2010, 3:51:57 AM12/15/10
On Dec 14, 5:09 am, scouser <denise.theophi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> (the sound is gone from my pc so i dont know what the news report is actually saying
> on youtube)

Just use your magic powers!