Danny has discovered youtube!! "Torture" as filmed by Jazzy today!!

1 view

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 11:10:14 AM1/8/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xJtX339zU

See me play and sing!! I have discovered you tube..be prepared for
mass spamming (only kidding)..might do some Beatles songs though...tee
hee.

I am also wearing my new hat....Next on the agenda is "Oh Yoko"!..just
for Dahldude.

Danny

Beth K

Jan 8, 2010, 12:06:43 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 10:10 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

Danny, you're pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 12:21:29 PM1/8/10

Thank you Jeff! Amazing this new technology eh??

Danny

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 12:25:05 PM1/8/10
wrote:

> Danny

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 12:25:21 PM1/8/10
wrote:

> Danny

A great song! A great performance! Wonderful sound! Plenty of
presence! You are the real Danny McEvoy... INDEED!

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 12:28:20 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 11:21 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

> Amazing this new technology eh??
>
> Danny

You got it!

Now, Danny you could post the videos that I've been sending you
through RapidShare and I could remove the other YouTube channel.

What do you say?

Jeff

Jan 8, 2010, 12:36:27 PM1/8/10

wrote:
> On 8 Jan, 17:06, Beth K <quickservice...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 8, 10:10 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xJtX339zU
>
> > > See me play and sing!! I have discovered you tube..be prepared for
> > > mass spamming (only kidding)..might do some Beatles songs though...tee
> > > hee.
>
> > > I am also wearing my new hat....Next on the agenda is "Oh Yoko"!..just
> > > for Dahldude.
>
> > > Danny
>
> > Danny, you're pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
>
> > Jeff
>
> Thank you Jeff! Amazing this new technology eh??
>
> Danny

Yeah, and in the future I predict youtube will
upgrade the sound quality....though most
of the youtube videos sound fine to me,
including yours.

Jeff

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 1:46:18 PM1/8/10

OK so I download them from Rapidshare....bare with me...can't we just
leave the other one's up? I'll loose my glorious 125 views!!

Danny

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 2:07:43 PM1/8/10

> > Now, Danny you could post the videos that I've been sending you
> > through RapidShare and I could remove the other YouTube channel.
>
> > What do you say?

Can't do the rapidshare thing it's says there an Error when I try and
do it and says they're too busy to let me have it.

Danny

Jeff

Jan 8, 2010, 2:13:09 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 1:07 pm, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

I could add additional instruments to it. :-)

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 2:14:27 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 1:07 pm, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

Hmmmmm?

It work for Chris of The Home Guard.

Shall I try again?

About to go see "Avatar" in iMax and 3d so it will have to be later
though.

Nil

Jan 8, 2010, 2:26:34 PM1/8/10
On 08 Jan 2010, The Walrus was Danny <dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote
in rec.music.beatles:

> Can't do the rapidshare thing it's says there an Error when I try and
> do it and says they're too busy to let me have it.

You just have to try again later. It's easier to get in in the late
evening, but it's ususally good enough to wait 5 minutes or so.

Fattuchus

Jan 8, 2010, 2:28:27 PM1/8/10

I saw Avatar in regular 3 D. Very good movie.

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 3:27:42 PM1/8/10

> About to go see "Avatar" in iMax and 3d so it will have to be later
> though.

Avatar..is wonderful..enjoy.

Danny

Message has been deleted

BLACKPOOLJIMMY

Jan 8, 2010, 7:03:14 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 5:24�pm, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:
> The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> I can't decide whether I need to see Avatar now or if I can wait...it's
> kind of a question of whether the 3D viewing is "required." Otherwise, I
> probably can bear waiting for the DVD. It's not really my sort of movie,
> and my early, instinctive fears of it being great visuals + hokey
> dialogue seem to be supported by the reviews I read.
>
> I recently posted this to a film newsgroup:
> --------------
> Notable films I saw for the first time during 2009...not necessarily the
> BEST films (Psychomania and Venus in Furs are hardly masterpieces, for
> instance), but the ones which tickled me, personally connected with my
> quirks, kept the flame of cinemania burning, etc. Know what I mean?
>
> The list is a round 50 titles, but that's purely by chance. And yup,
> there's a strong dose of Losey, Bergman and Melville.
>
> Accident (1967)
> Bob le Flambeur (1955)
> Cloverfield (2008)
> Crazed Fruit (1956)
> Daisies (1966)
> Deep End (1971)
> Django (1966)
> Donkey Skin (1971)
> Eyes Without a Face (1962)
> Faust (1926)
> For Heaven's Sake (1926)
> Forbidden Games (1952)
> Hour of the Wolf (1968)
> I'm Not There (2007)
> Into the Wild (2007)
> Je T'aime, Je T'aime (1968)
> Kill, Baby, Kill! (1966)
> La Roue (1923)
> Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains! (1981)
> L'Atalante (1934)
> Le Cercle Rouge (1970)
> Le Doulos (1962)
> Le Samoura� (1967)
> Look Back in Anger (1958)
> Milk (2008)
> Model Shop (1969)
> Once (2007)
> Onibaba (1965)
> Psychomania (1971)
> Rachel Getting Married (2008)
> Savage Messiah (1972)
> Sawdust and Tinsel (1953)
> Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
> Strike (1925)
> Synecdoche, New York (2008)
> The Conformist (1970)
> The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (1975)
> The Great Rock & Roll Swindle (1980)
> The Holy Mountain (1973)
> The Jokers (1967)
> The Magician (1958)
> The Servant (1963)
> The Shooting (1967)
> These Are the Damned (1963)
> Through a Glass Darkly (1961)
> Trinity Is Still My Name (1971)
> Two-Way Stretch (1960)
> Up (2009)
> Venus in Furs (1969)
> Wavelength (1967)

Impressive..and a hell of a lot of popcorn

RichL

Jan 8, 2010, 7:23:26 PM1/8/10

It's good! You sing well! The mic sounds pretty good running through
that Marshall, I can't get a mic to sound decent running it through any
guitar amp.

Consider using a mic on the guitar too, it won't sound so thin!

Danny, you're worried about getting old? Damn. You've still got one
chin. When you get three or four is when the trouble starts.

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 7:53:46 PM1/8/10
On 9 Jan, 00:23, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The amp is an 50w acoustic marshall amp and is designed for what I'm
doing..I didn't go for the 100w cause it was significantly heavier and
the 50w is loud enough for what I wanna do..the guitar sounds thin
because the mike on the digital camera is a bit shit..in reality it's
better...the vocal sounds good because I've been singing in the
streets for twenty years and have quite a belting vocal on me anyway.
You can hear my "let it be" 400 yards away - I kid you not..and that's
without any amp...the guitar could be better actually but the washburn
was only 125 quid and it was quite nice...I might buy myself a CORT
which is another variety I quite like. I wanted a slim guitar (rather
than a fat one) as they're easier to grab hold of...I've siad before I
don't like Ovations as they slide down yer lap and turn into something
you put your coffee cup on!

My street axe is a Yammy. 100 quid and loud and they can get wet and
be dropped and it doesn't matter.

Danny

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 7:54:55 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 2:27 pm, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

Yes!

It was fantastic!

I could not believe the 3D!

Unbelievable!

Spectacular and actual #D!

Fantastic!

Everyone MUST see this film and YOU MUST see it in 3D!

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 7:56:38 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 4:24 pm, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:
> The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> I can't decide whether I need to see Avatar now or if I can wait...it's
> kind of a question of whether the 3D viewing is "required."

See it, PR!

Do yourself a favor!

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 7:58:33 PM1/8/10

Told you! I saw it in 3d...took Jazzy..(it was a bit long for her)
didn't do it IMEX..not able to here but did it 3d...if it's 3d *go and
see it* Are you hearing me Guru?

Danny

Message has been deleted

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 8:53:20 PM1/8/10

> Well, heck, I couldn't get anyone to watch the stream of "Wavelength,"
> and that was free of charge and only 45 minutes!

..but have you gone over to youtube and given my 5 stars?..go on
Guru..you can do it!!

Danny

abe slaney

Jan 8, 2010, 8:53:56 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 8:34 pm, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if my reaction will be similar to my reaction to, say,
> "Pearl Harbor." Big, bloated overlong epic with lots of razzle-dazzle,
> but awful dialogue and plot logic.

That was pretty much my reaction to Cameron's "Titanic", which gets
more trite with each repeated viewing.

I'll watch "Avatar" at some point, although it looks like a mashup of
every "colonial invader meets native, falls in love and fights for the
right side" movie ever made. (Dances With Wolves, Pocahontas, etc.)

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 8, 2010, 9:10:07 PM1/8/10

> That was pretty much my reaction to Cameron's "Titanic", which gets
> more trite with each repeated viewing.

Titanic is a great film. It goes on a bit but "trite"...the people
dying in the sea with babies literally makes me weep...and the water
creeping up the deck..is genius.

> I'll watch "Avatar" at some point, although it looks like a mashup of
> every "colonial invader meets native, falls in love and fights for the
> right side" movie ever made. (Dances With Wolves, Pocahontas, etc.)

It's sort of better than that..it really is well done..but to get the
best experience out of it you need to get out and go to the pictures
and see the fucker in 3D..before it gets pulled.

It's really worth it..trust me..I'm right about this (as I am about
YO...and Pete Best (snigger))

Danny

AllaBest

Jan 8, 2010, 10:03:28 PM1/8/10

Whatever, Abe.

This isn't "Dances With Wolves", "Pocahontas", "Tarzen", etc...

I read the same "viewer reviews" that made those comparisons, and this
is something... well, suffice it to be said... it probably isn't for
you, Mr. Slaney.

The Arranger

Jan 8, 2010, 10:06:35 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 8:53 pm, abe slaney <abesla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 8:34 pm, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if my reaction will be similar to my reaction to, say,
> > "Pearl Harbor." Big, bloated overlong epic with lots of razzle-dazzle,
> > but awful dialogue and plot logic.
>
> That was pretty much my reaction to Cameron's "Titanic", which gets
> more trite with each repeated viewing.

I have but one question: why repeated viewings? I loathed it.

The Arranger

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RichL

Jan 8, 2010, 11:09:00 PM1/8/10
The Walrus was Danny <dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote:

Gotcha on the amp...didn't realize it was an acoustic amp. I bought one
of those for my daughter-in-law (she does the coffeehouse thing), not a
Marshall though....Genz Benz! I ought to get one for myself, if I could
find room for it. I do get pretty decent sounds though, running my
acoustic guitars through my Ampeg bass amp!

Keep up the good work. Pretty soon you'll be Fab!

The Arranger

Jan 8, 2010, 11:16:20 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 11:10 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xJtX339zU
>
> See me play and sing!! I have discovered you tube..be prepared for
> mass spamming (only kidding)..might do some Beatles songs though...tee
> hee.
>
> I am also wearing my new hat....Next on the agenda is "Oh Yoko"!..just
> for Dahldude.
>
> Danny

Very nice! Enjoyed it thoroughly!

The Arranger

Jeff

Jan 8, 2010, 11:20:39 PM1/8/10

wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xJtX339zU
>
> See me play and sing!! I have discovered you tube..be prepared for
> mass spamming (only kidding)..might do some Beatles songs though...tee
> hee.
>
> I am also wearing my new hat....Next on the agenda is "Oh Yoko"!..just
> for Dahldude.
>
> Danny

Danny, I can't hear what the second chord is...at the beginning
of the song..and throughout the song, probably cause you're
singing out of the same amp you have your guitar plugged
into. I don't know the names of chords, so I was wondering
if you could tell me what fret you are on..and what
fingers go on what strings? Thanks.

Jeff

Fattuchus

Jan 8, 2010, 11:43:39 PM1/8/10
On Jan 8, 8:53 pm, abe slaney <abesla...@yahoo.com> wrote:

If you like science fiction but prefer a story line that is a bit more
original, I recommend District 9 which was also excellent. I hope
that one is nominated for an Oscar.

83LowRider

Jan 9, 2010, 12:34:20 AM1/9/10

"The Walrus was Danny" wrote

> Can't do the rapidshare thing it's says there an Error when I try and
> do it and says they're too busy to let me have it.

.You just caught a busy period. Most often that happens mid-day.
Paid accounts have priority, so try at a later time.

abe slaney

Jan 9, 2010, 1:26:07 AM1/9/10
On Jan 8, 11:43 pm, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you like science fiction but prefer a story line that is a bit more
> original, I recommend District 9 which was also excellent.  I hope
> that one is nominated for an Oscar.

Haven't seen it. I will check it out, thank you.

Message has been deleted

Fattuchus

Jan 9, 2010, 4:07:39 AM1/9/10
On Jan 9, 2:57 am, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:

> abe slaney <abesla...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > If you like science fiction but prefer a story line that is a bit more
> > > original, I recommend District 9 which was also excellent. I hope
> > > that one is nominated for an Oscar.
>
> > Haven't seen it. I will check it out, thank you.
>
> I coincidentally saw this only five days ago. It's worth seeing, but
> it's not marvelous. It's kind of a one-note story (OK OK, we understand
> that a parallel is being drawn between apartheid treatment of blacks and
> this fictional world's treatment of the aliens...anything else??), but
> the direction/editing are quite gutsy and ambitious for a young,
> first-time director. I didn't realize beforehand that so much of the
> film was shot as a pseudo-documentary -- it's an interesting mix of
> cinematic styles.

That is one of the things I liked about this movie. Certain parts are
filmed like a documentary, and they are convincing, although we know
it is science fiction.

> I've also seen few films which so conspicuously leave the door open for
> a sequel..."District 10" seems almost inevitable, because the story ends
> in a rather unsatisfying place, as is.

If I enjoy a movie (and I did enjoy District 9) then it pleases me if
there are hints of a sequel. Yes, the story ends in an unsatisfying
place which makes me want to see more, more, more.

The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie had sublte hints of a sequel.
Those were cleverly placed after the credits rolled. I thought that
was unusual and interesting. Many in the audience never saw that
because they left, as do most people.

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 9, 2010, 5:09:49 AM1/9/10
On 9 Jan, 03:40, poisoned rose <prose1...@aol.com> wrote:
> The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> Your performance was pretty solid, but I have concerns about the hat.

Don't diss my hat!!!!

Danny

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 9, 2010, 5:10:56 AM1/9/10

Thank you greatly!!

Danny

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 9, 2010, 5:15:48 AM1/9/10

Yes it's a funny one...it's like a diminished chord but funnier....

How can I explain?

Er....1st string - open
2nd string - 4th fret with yer little finger
3rd string - 2nd fret with index finger
4th string -4th fret with ring finger
5th string - 3rd fret with middle finger
6th string open

Dunno what you wanna call it....shall we call it Derek?

Danny

JohnB

Jan 9, 2010, 10:56:29 AM1/9/10
On 9 Jan, 10:15, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
> Danny- Hide quoted text -

Nice chord! Good song and performance too. I like the fact that your
chord sequence and melody doesn't go quite where you might expect.
And I like the director's voice there at the end too :-)

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 9, 2010, 11:52:33 AM1/9/10
> And I like the director's voice there at the end too :-)- Hide quoted text -

Actually Jeff - I don't actually play the top e string I just sort of
numb it on the second fret..then if an F sharp gets caught up in it
it's OK....there is no topE!!!!!!

Danny

who?

Jan 9, 2010, 12:16:08 PM1/9/10
On Jan 9, 4:15 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

We can call it that. It's not a chord I've played before.
Don't try and play chords like me without cutting
your fingernails. It doesn't work well.

Jeff

who?

Jan 9, 2010, 12:16:57 PM1/9/10
On Jan 9, 10:52 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

Right, and thanks for explaining, Danny.

Jeff

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 9, 2010, 12:19:36 PM1/9/10
> Jeff- Hide quoted text -

What fingernails? I've chew my fingernails like a bastard. I have no
fingernails..it's all the angst and stress and lack of lovin'...feel
my pain.

Danny

mrco...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 9, 2010, 2:31:28 PM1/9/10
On Jan 9, 11:19 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

I chewed my fingernails from 4 years old to age 15. I
decided to quit after suffering from bleeding fingers
from the cold winters..and it hurt like hell. I didn't
just stop while engaging in this horrible habit
with fingernails. If you take a look at my right
middle finger, you can clearly see I was eating
my own flesh to the point of being a cannibal.
Yes, it was related to stress. I should stop
here before I tell you every other habit I've
had relating to stress. :-)

The Walrus was Danny

Jan 10, 2010, 5:07:03 AM1/10/10

> Yes, it was related to stress. I should stop
> here before I tell you every other habit I've
> had relating to stress. :-)-

I've found this stress lark seems to lead to:

Hair loss
Extra girth
What hair that's left, going grey
wrinkly skin
dancing really badly
teeth in decline
dislike of rap
heavy use of Hot-Water-Bottles
The finding of *all* females below the age of 35 highly attractive
Loss of eyesight
Eventual death

Danny

JohnB

Jan 10, 2010, 7:26:57 AM1/10/10
On 10 Jan, 10:07, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

I could add a few but I won't :-}

Fattuchus

Jan 10, 2010, 11:14:06 AM1/10/10
On Jan 10, 5:07 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

I just thought of something to add to the list: peeing/pooping a lot.

Jeff

Jan 11, 2010, 12:07:29 AM1/11/10
On Jan 10, 4:07 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

> > Yes, it was related to stress. I should stop
> > here before I tell you every other habit I've
> > had relating to stress. :-)-
>
> I've found this stress lark seems to lead to:
>
> Hair loss Yes
> Extra girth No.

> What hair that's left, going grey Half and half. You can dye it though.

> wrinkly skin. Nope.

> dancing really badly. I could never dance period.

> teeth in decline. No, but they won't get better.
> dislike of rap. I've always had a dislike of rap.

> heavy use of Hot-Water-Bottles. For what? To clear our driveway of the
show? Good idea.

> The finding of *all* females below the age of 35 highly attractive Not really.

> Loss of eyesight For some people.

> Eventual death

Yeah, but death is no big deal. I'm not worried
about it. 20 years ago, I was scared of death. What is there
to be afraid of? You just don't exist on planet earth anymore,
and who wants to live forever? Do you, and if so, why would
you want to? Remember there was a time you did not exist.
Did you worry about not existing then? No. What is your
"real" fear of death? 2O years ago, I suffered from
severe heart palpitations (sp?) which is better known as
having severe "panic attacks". I've had them since I
was a kid, and I thought I was going to die, Danny.
My hands and face would go numb for no reason,
whether I was alone or out in public. 20 years later,
I've decided I don't give a crap if I die or not, cause
death happens to everyone. Since then, I'm still
stressed out like crazy, but the attacks aren't as
bad as they used to be...because I've made up my
mind I don't care. So...it all depends on your
attitude...and how you choose to look at your
life.

Jeff

> Danny

Jeff

Jan 11, 2010, 12:09:29 AM1/11/10
On Jan 9, 11:19 am, The Walrus was Danny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

You're lucky if you've ever loved at all, and even lost. Not
everybody has.

Jeff

Message has been deleted

Fattuchus

Jan 14, 2010, 3:38:24 AM1/14/10
On Jan 14, 2:52 am, PJ <palejewel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > That was pretty much my reaction to Cameron's "Titanic", which gets
> > > more trite with each repeated viewing.
>
> > I actually saw that in the theater, feeling somewhat sheepish about it
> > (pushed to see it with others). I didn't loathe it, but there was a
> > point where I went into permanent eyeroll mode after the love-triangle
> > characters tossed away their 23rd chance to escape, just to artificially
> > extend the plot.

> > > I'll watch "Avatar" at some point, although it looks like a mashup of
> > > every "colonial invader meets native, falls in love and fights for the
> > > right side" movie ever made. (Dances With Wolves, Pocahontas, etc.)
>
> > Mm-hmm.
>
> I'm going to force myself to go to the 3-D one soon, but I'm going
> purely for the ride without any expectation of plot excellence. I'm
> somewhat fascinated by created worlds that have enough pull to suck
> people in on a mass scale and inspire shared reactions like this:
>
> http://avatar-forums.com/showthread.php?t=1744
>
> (17-yr-old Avatar geek who is seriously depressed because he wants to
> go live on Pandora and can't. His fellows are offering their support.)-

I saw Avatar in 3D. I enjoyed it very much. It's a long movie, and
the time flew by. Cameron creates an imaginative, fascinating world
and an interesting alien society.

Before I saw the movie, I did not know what the word "avatar" even
meant and had to look it up. I was so influenced by this gem of a
movie, I pondered to myself, "When people post at rmb, are we
avatars?" I was also thinking,"Why call someone a 'sock puppet' when
we can call him/her an 'avatar'?"