Contacting Paul McCartney

Mack A. Damia

Jan 28, 2016, 11:42:17 AM1/28/16

I do sort of collect photographs and autographs; I have them framed
and mounted on my walls.

Some of you may remember my encounter with the Beatles in Atlantic
City in 1964. I stayed one floor below them at a hotel on North
Carolina Avenue.

Also, I was born about thirty miles from Liverpool.

So I decide to write PM a letter to see if I could get a response. I
looked online for an address and came across a web site, Fanmail.com.
They charge $15.00 to send letters and requests for autographs to a
valid address.

I composed a letter, mentioned Atlantic City/my home town and paid my
$15.00; they sent the letter to MPL Communications in New York City.

Yesterday, I received a large manila envelope from MPL in the mail
containing a copy of my letter and another letter stating that "Our
company does not accept fan mail or send out/authenticate signatures."

I complained to Fanmail, and they have refunded my money, but I am
wondering if anybody in here knows of a valid contact address for PM?

Thanks!

--
mad

Eric Ramon

Jan 28, 2016, 1:54:16 PM1/28/16
no.

Good thing they refunded your money. That's pretty sleazy, claiming they'd get your letter to the right place and then merely sending it to MPL, which you could have easily done without their "help".

Mack A. Damia

Jan 28, 2016, 2:01:33 PM1/28/16
I got a nice email message from the company apologizing and saying
that they have removed the incorrect contact information from their
files.

Tim

Jan 28, 2016, 10:20:39 PM1/28/16
Attached link indicates hr doesn't sign autographs. Perhaps "Freda" could be of help..if you can locate her.

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=336327

Mack A. Damia

Jan 28, 2016, 10:37:03 PM1/28/16
I thought Ringo had a no-autograph policy and that Paul criticized
him.

I found this address of a home where he has lived, but I do not know
if it is current:

Paul McCartney
Waterfall Estate
Peasmarsh Rye TN31 6XN
UNITED KINGDOM

Tim

Jan 28, 2016, 11:02:56 PM1/28/16

Mack A. Damia

Jan 28, 2016, 11:31:33 PM1/28/16
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:02:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
Thanks anyway, but that wouldn't do it for me. It would have to be a
personal thing, a matter of validation, or nothing at all. And by
validation, I don't mean authenticating his signature. I wrote a
fairly detailed letter for FanMail to deliver; for instance, I
mentioned George's comment in his autobiography that even though they
had hit the "Big Time", they still had obligations to play working-
men's clubs in my small hometown in Lancashire.

My expectations are probably too high, but no harm in trying.

The Starmaker

Jan 29, 2016, 1:41:59 AM1/29/16
how about this address?

7 Cavendish Avenue
St Johns Wood
London NW8 9JE
United Kingdom

The Starmaker

Jan 29, 2016, 1:48:28 AM1/29/16
or this one:

MPL Communications, Inc
41 West 54th Street
New York
NY 10019
Phone: 212-246-5881

but you better hurry before he drops dead.

Mack A. Damia

Jan 29, 2016, 2:28:38 PM1/29/16
What is the source for this one?

>or this one:
>
>MPL Communications, Inc
>41 West 54th Street
>New York
>NY 10019
>Phone: 212-246-5881

Read my original post.

The Starmaker

Jan 29, 2016, 7:52:38 PM1/29/16
which one?

hydrate...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2016, 2:20:43 PM2/11/16
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 10:42:17 AM UTC-6, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> I do sort of collect photographs and autographs; I have them framed
> and mounted on my walls.
>
> Some of you may remember my encounter with the Beatles in Atlantic
> City in 1964. I stayed one floor below them at a hotel on North
> Carolina Avenue.
>
> Also, I was born about thirty miles from Liverpool.

We're supposed to care? Get professional help. See, I can
be just as nasty as you. You're not supposed to talk about
anything but the Beatles according to you. You're talking
about yourself. Please don't.

> So I decide to write PM a letter to see if I could get a response.

Again, it's about you. Why would McCartney have any interest in
talking to you?

> looked online for an address and came across a web site, Fanmail.com.
> They charge $15.00 to send letters and requests for autographs to a
> valid address.
>
> I composed a letter, mentioned Atlantic City/my home town and paid my
> $15.00; they sent the letter to MPL Communications in New York City.
>
> Yesterday, I received a large manila envelope from MPL in the mail
> containing a copy of my letter and another letter stating that "Our
> company does not accept fan mail or send out/authenticate signatures."
>
> I complained to Fanmail, and they have refunded my money, but I am
> wondering if anybody in here knows of a valid contact address for PM?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> mad

Talk about being self absorbed.

Mack A. Damia

Feb 11, 2016, 3:42:29 PM2/11/16
On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:20:39 -0800 (PST), hydrate...@gmail.com
wrote:

>Talk about being self absorbed.

Fucking loon.

I Love My NezMonkee

Apr 27, 2016, 7:54:08 PM4/27/16
No, Paul never criticized Ringo for that.

> I found this address of a home where he has lived, but I do not know
> if it is current:
>
> Paul McCartney
> Waterfall Estate
> Peasmarsh Rye TN31 6XN
> UNITED KINGDOM

Paul might sign a few autographs in a crowd, but that's it. Don't waste time writing to him, and please don't send anything to his private address.

BeatleEd

Apr 28, 2016, 1:58:08 PM4/28/16
I Love My NezMonkee <aeriew...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Paul might sign a few autographs in a crowd, but that's it. Don't
> waste time writing to him, and please don't send anything to his
> private address.

....Or his London MPL office. They do NOT present requests to Paul.

Tim

Apr 29, 2016, 12:16:34 AM4/29/16
Hasn't this thread run it's course?

I Love My NezMonkee

Apr 29, 2016, 4:14:24 AM4/29/16
No, because there were things I wanted to tell Mack that nobody else had:

* Paul never criticized Ringo for not signing autographs; Paul is basically the same way.

* Do not send anything to a celebrity's private home address. It's creepy.

Tim

Apr 29, 2016, 10:58:57 PM4/29/16
Again, hasn't this horrifically futile thread run it's course?

I Love My NezMonkee

Apr 30, 2016, 1:38:19 AM4/30/16
Maybe now that I've had a chance to say what I want to say it has. But
I do so love autograph collecting! :)

BlackMonk

Apr 30, 2016, 2:36:56 AM4/30/16
I don't, though I've accumulated a decent collection over the years,
including all three living Monkees and a few Beatle-related ones;
Astrid, Klaus, and Yoko.

My girlfriend is heavily into it and I went with her to an autograph
convention last weekend where I got an autographed copy of Bobby Hart's
book (wanted to get the album Peter and Micky signed for me autographed,
but I was mistakenly told that it was more than I would have been
willing to spend, so I left the album at home), and I got Chris Farlowe
to sign a compilation of his early singles. (He probably has the least
name recognition in the US of anyone there, but of the three I got
there, that's my favorite). If you're curious, the third one I got was
Bernie Kopell.

I used to have The Searchers, but that one probably was lost in a move
long ago.

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 9:52:27 AM4/30/16
i collected some from James Arness, Merle Haggard, and Jimmy Carter,
to name a few, but wouldn't call them autographs. They printed their
names, so they weren't worth anything to me.

Tim

Apr 30, 2016, 4:37:32 PM4/30/16
> > sed
> > I used to have The Searchers, but that one probably was lost in a move
> > long ago.
>
> i collected some from James Arness, Merle Haggard, and Jimmy Carter,
> to name a few, but wouldn't call them autographs. They printed their
> names, so they weren't worth anything to me.

Okay, so what if I dialed a wrong number, you post happy goons. :)

I Love My NezMonkee

May 1, 2016, 5:13:36 AM5/1/16
Thx. I don't have a huge collection, just a few from people I really
like. I have autographs from Bob Denver & Dawn Wells (because I like
Gilligan's Island) Judy Collins and Mike Nesmith. I remember really
wanting George Harrison's autograph, but he never really gave fans very
many opportunities for that. Same with Bob Dylan.

Marcus

May 1, 2016, 11:31:06 AM5/1/16
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 5:13:36 AM UTC-4, I Love My NezMonkee wrote:

> Thx. I don't have a huge collection, just a few from people I really
> like. I have autographs from Bob Denver & Dawn Wells (because I like
> Gilligan's Island) Judy Collins and Mike Nesmith. I remember really
> wanting George Harrison's autograph, but he never really gave fans very
> many opportunities for that. Same with Bob Dylan.

I don't have many. Somewhere in my possessions, although I have no idea where, I have one by Jay Leno, from the early 80s when he was not well known (hadn't even guest hosted the Tonight show at that point). I knew him from his appearances on the Letterman show. Also, have autographs from Lindsay Nelson, Ralph Nader and Amy Goodman.

However, I have autographs given to me and my wife from Arlo Guthrie, Harry Nilsson and Cynthia Lennon. Also, I had a series of cards from Yoko at Christmas made out to my wife, daughter and me.

See below:

http://marccatone.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=197953486

http://marccatone.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=107793268

http://marccatone.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=146120595

http://marccatone.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12544008

Marc

poisoned rose

May 2, 2016, 4:09:26 AM5/2/16
> > Maybe now that I've had a chance to say what I want to say it has. But I
> > do so love autograph collecting! :)

I have 90 or so albums autographed by either bands or an individual solo
act, plus a few album flats and publicity photos. I wouldn't ever ask
someone to autograph a "slip of paper" (ugh), but I enjoy pulling out an
old album and seeing that extra "bonus" embellishment. A couple of
times, I've pulled out an old CD that I *forgot* had been
autographed...that's fun.

Most of my autographs are indie acts that don't have a lot of general
recognition, but the more well-known names include Brian Wilson, Elvis
Costello, Beck, Keith Emerson (about a year before he died), Richard
Thompson, the Flaming Lips, Laurie Anderson, Andy Partridge/Colin
Moulding of XTC, Cracker, Adrian Belew, Cocteau Twins, David Byrne (it's
a really crappy-quality scribble, though), J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr, etc.),
Frank Black (Pixies), Robyn Hitchcock, Rufus Wainwright, Exene Cervenka
(X), Gibby Haynes & Paul Leary (Butthole Surfers), Wire, Matthew Sweet,
Kirsty MacColl, Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore (another cursory scribble)
and Ween.

I was a bit frustrated after the recent Field Music show I posted about
here...I had the band's first CD in my jacket, but only could talk to
one of the two brothers before security brusquely cleared out the club.

tinahe...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 2:58:49 PM12/22/17
We purchased a signed photo of Sir Paul and Rungi about 12 years ago. It was stolen from my sons apartment. We don’t have $$ and atvthe time it cost about 600.00. I’m heartbroken as there is no way I can replace it. I believe a collector in Phoenix has it. I would love to get it back or try and get other autographs.
Any ideas??

Bruce

Dec 22, 2017, 3:29:47 PM12/22/17
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 4:09:26 AM UTC-4, poisoned rose wrote:
> > > Maybe now that I've had a chance to say what I want to say it has. But I
> > > do so love autograph collecting! :)
>
> I have 90 or so albums autographed by either bands or an individual solo
> act, plus a few album flats and publicity photos. I wouldn't ever ask
> someone to autograph a "slip of paper" (ugh), but I enjoy pulling out an
> old album and seeing that extra "bonus" embellishment. A couple of
> times, I've pulled out an old CD that I *forgot* had been
> autographed...that's fun.
>
> Most of my autographs are indie acts that don't have a lot of general
> recognition, but the more well-known names include Brian Wilson, Elvis
> Costello, Beck, Keith Emerson (about a year before he died), Richard
> Thompson, the Flaming Lips, Laurie Anderson, Andy Partridge/Colin
> Moulding of XTC, Cracker, Adrian Belew, Cocteau Twins, David Byrne (it's
> a really crappy-quality scribble, though), J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr, etc.),
> Frank Black (Pixies), Robyn Hitchcock, Rufus Wainwright, Exene Cervenka
> (X), Gibby Haynes & Paul Leary (Butthole Surfers), Wire, Matthew Sweet,
> Kirsty MacColl, Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore (another cursory scribble)
> and Ween.

Did someone tell you that black people did not know how to write?

Keeubie Plaffies

Dec 22, 2017, 3:38:29 PM12/22/17
On 22-Dec-17 14:58, tinahe...@gmail.com wrote:
> We purchased a signed photo of Sir Paul and Rungi about 12 years ago. It was stolen from my sons apartment. We don’t have $$ and atvthe time it cost about 600.00. I’m heartbroken as there is no way I can replace it. I believe a collector in Phoenix has it. I would love to get it back or try and get other autographs.
> Any ideas??

Contact Obama. That nigga has the answer to everythang.

Why he mights even be gettin' y'all Hillary's autograff.

Yo.

see.b...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2018, 5:26:28 PM1/10/18
Hi Paul I was in the Beatles fan club for a number of years, when we move home I lost all of the Beatles Marbella what I had collected. To this day and I'm still upset about this as I loved the Beatles very much. I wish you all where still around to this day as the music you all made was fantastic well done to you all. Never forgot. Could you please send me a photograph of you all to remember you all signed if possible please thank Brian Carr My Email addresses is =see.b...@gmail.com

connorb...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2018, 9:47:26 AM4/12/18
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 11:42:17 AM UTC-5, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> I do sort of collect photographs and autographs; I have them framed
> and mounted on my walls.
>
> Some of you may remember my encounter with the Beatles in Atlantic
> City in 1964. I stayed one floor below them at a hotel on North
> Carolina Avenue.
>
> Also, I was born about thirty miles from Liverpool.
>
> So I decide to write PM a letter to see if I could get a response. I

P-Dub

Apr 12, 2018, 11:21:12 AM4/12/18
LOL!!

Paul is about as close to God as a rock star can get. He is simply not interested in any direct correspondence with fans. Same with Ringo.

I think you will have better success in contacting Jesus.

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 1:30:37 PM4/13/18
Have you ever tried?

P-Dub

Apr 13, 2018, 1:38:10 PM4/13/18
I attend church and pray to Jesus often. He hears me. He doesn't always answer my prayers as I might like. But I trust His judgment.

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 1:40:26 PM4/13/18
On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10:21:12 AM UTC-5, P-Dub wrote:
He likes the money but after all these years, why would anyone
assume he would sign an autograph just for them? I know it wasn't
you that assumed this.

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 1:47:05 PM4/13/18
Thanks for your response. I was curious because of the atheists here
who won't ask Jesus to reveal himself.

Tim

Apr 16, 2018, 9:57:27 PM4/16/18
I DO God, myself, much like JL did God on POB, but I swear the Jesus version is just as invalid as the Mohammad version is cracked up to be.

Tim

Apr 17, 2018, 11:27:28 PM4/17/18

Okay Fine, Jeffer: just be aware that thousands if not millions have desperately prayed for Christ to become our/their Lord and Savior literally thousands of times in our lives resulting in absolutely noting. Call me agnostic or call me a spiritual soul who I've found devout Christians who won't accept that Jesus's calling is nothing but a gamble that dictates they have no more than a 50% chance of being spiritually correct about in their chosen faith that's most usually dictated by their geographical point of origin and/or their parental upbringing. JMHO

P-Dub

Apr 18, 2018, 10:57:20 AM4/18/18
Jesus was not part of my upbringing. HE invited me to his ministry when I was 32. Long story. And it changed my life in a very positive way. I am not perfect. I'm a sinner. And I am not a holy roller. But I believe with all my heart. That's the bottom line.

Tim

Apr 19, 2018, 12:02:43 AM4/19/18
>And how deep in denial are you that you don't even know you're just a shy minded "transparent holy roller/Jesus Freak?" Rocks of ruck with your sky pixie Jesus, who sucked you in just because you were venerable where you were and weren't of Middle-eastern, Asian, or of Indian origin. - Peace-out.

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 7:17:18 AM4/19/18
Tim, you didn't write the post above this? Okay, well it's better to have
faith than to have nothing. I did ask God to reveal himself to me and 4
different times I felt his presence. No, I did not see him. It was like
a brain to brain type of communication. I was probably between the ages
of 47-54, so this is way after I left home. We didn't discuss God in my
family, so I wasn't raised with discussions about God.

Tim

Apr 20, 2018, 12:53:41 AM4/20/18
Sure did, Jeff. After being force fed 12 yrs of Sunday School, I rebelled from their Biblical tithe driven Indoctrination and grew into the self thinking Humanist I am today, who I absolutely guarantee has as equal a chance of making it to your bullshit Heaven as you and the Pope do. BTW, have you heard the Pope recently denied their's a Hell?

zippl...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 10:01:26 AM4/20/18
So you're saying you did ask God to reveal himself, Tim?

BTW, have you heard the Pope recently denied their's a Hell?

No I didn't, but he's just a guy with a cap on, and human like us all
to me. Nothing special about him. I don't follow him.

Nil

Apr 20, 2018, 6:08:11 PM4/20/18
On 20 Apr 2018, Tim <tdwili...@gmail.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> BTW, have you heard the Pope recently denied their's a Hell?

No, he didn't. Read up on it here and elsewhere:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-pope-say-hell-doesnt-exist/

But even if he did, that doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Tim

Apr 20, 2018, 10:37:08 PM4/20/18
Many, many times, Jeff, for all the same reasons millions of others have. TRY to consider that some of us just don't merit or cut the mustard of his/her/it listening to our earthly pleas, but I somehow doubt you're able.

Thus I myself settle/rely on Karma to see me through the seemingly unfairness's of our lives.

> BTW, have you heard the Pope recently denied their's a Hell?
>
> No I didn't, but he's just a guy with a cap on, and human like us all
> to me. Nothing special about him. I don't follow him.

Fully agree, Jeff. Am sry for my rumor mongering, believe it or not. Same goes out to Nil's response (below)

genekn...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 7:03:42 PM3/6/19
We would like a vegetarian cookbook with your favorite recipes yum

Norbert K

Mar 7, 2019, 10:36:17 AM3/7/19
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 7:03:42 PM UTC-5, genekn...@gmail.com wrote:
> We would like a vegetarian cookbook with your favorite recipes yum

He's provided recipes for sweet potato gnocchi, black bean burgers, and chili pumpkin soup to cookbooks. Presumably he likes them.