30 Beatle facts you didn't know......

TheWalrusWasDanny

Jun 15, 2010, 7:18:07 PM6/15/10

Whilst surfing the web came across this website which listed 20 Beatle
facts I didn't know...thought it quite curious for the group!! Here
they are...

1. Impossible as it may sound there are still Beatles songs unreleased
- the most notable ones being Carnival of Light (an experimental piece
recorded on 5 January 1967 for The Million Volt Light and Sound Rave)
and a 27-minute jam of Helter Skelter. A John Lennon composition the
three surviving Beatles worked on in the early '90s prior to the
Anthology release called Grow Old with Me also remains unreleased.

...I knew this.

2. The Beatles (or at least half of it) sang for the Rolling Stones:
Lennon and Paul McCartney provided backing vocals to the 1967 single
We Love You.

..I knew this.

3. Besides writing hundreds of songs for the Beatles, Lennon and
McCartney also wrote dozens of songs for other artistes such as From A
Window (Billy J. Kramer with The Dakotas), One and One Is Two (The
Strangers with Mike Shannon), Step Inside Love and It's For You (Cilla
Black), Come and Get It (Badfinger) and Woman (Peter and Gordon).

...duh.

4. The Beatles’ third studio album A Hard Day’s Night is the only one
to exclusively contain Lennon-McCartney compositions.

..I knew this.

5. Paul is not McCartney's first name, James is. Lennon changed his
middle name from Winston to Ono after marrying Yoko Ono in 1969.

...........This website is completely crap..the whole universe knows
this!!

6. At the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, Lennon is heard mumbling
what sounds like "I buried Paul", which helped fuel the 'Paul is Dead'
rumours. He's actually saying "cranberry sauce".

...Oh God...

7. The only Beatles single to ever feature another musician on the
credit is Get Back/Don't Let Me Down (credited to The Beatles with
Billy Preston). Preston, recruited by George Harrison to ease the
growing tensions in the band, played the Hammond organ on both songs.

....was it GH that recruited BP? Suppose it must have been..thinking
about it was GH that also recruited EC during the WA
sessions....anyway I knew this....

8. Two days after Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band released, Jimi
Hendrix opened his set at London's Saville Theatre with the title
track, something McCartney considers his "single biggest tribute".

....my mate Geoff was there..saw J&P and eppy in the audience..it was
Eppys theatre!!

9. The final version of Strawberry Fields Forever was created
combining two takes of the song in two different keys and speeds - a
remarkable achievement considering the equipment and technology of the
time - but still failed to fully satisfy Lennon.

..this is mad..obvious stuff...

10. The only Beatles track to be credited to Lennon and Harrison is an
early instrumental called Cry for a Shadow recorded in 1961 when the
band was backing Tony Sheridan. Flying and Dig It are the only two
tracks to be credited to all four Beatles.

..yes...

11. The BBC banned several Beatles songs - I Am the Walrus (for the
use of the word 'knickers') and Fixing a Hole, Lucy in the Sky with
Diamonds and A Day in the Life (all for alleged drug reference).

..this one is interesting..didn't know it was for the word
Knickers..in fact I didn't know the BBC banned IATW..so it's the first
fact I didn't know...

12. The working title for the film Help! was Eight Arms to Hold You.

...duh.

13. For the Sgt Pepper album cover, cutouts of Adolf Hitler, Mahatma
Gandhi, and Jesus Christ were requested by Lennon, but ultimately they
were left out, though a cutout of Hitler was made for use.

..yes...

14. Ringo Starr was the first to actually leave the group, walking out
in 1968 during the acrimonious White Album sessions. As a result, the
remaining Beatles all took turns on the drums for some of the tracks.
When Starr finally returned he found his drum kit covered in flowers.

...yes...

15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
played. Lennon did not attend.

...didn't know about this...so two facts so far..presumable YO stopped
JL from attending..

16. The last time Lennon and McCartney played together was at the Los
Angeles Hit Factory studio in 1974. The abysmal (and possibly drug-
fuelled) session, which also featured Stevie Wonder and Harry Nilsson,
was of such bad quality that the bootleg recording was released as A
Toot And A Snore In 74.

..well yes..but was it in a studio??

17. Lennon and McCartney each recorded demos called India which remain
unreleased. Each of them also recorded a version of Fats Domino's
Ain't That a Shame for their rock and roll albums (called Rock 'n'
Roll and ????? ? ???? respectively).

..didn't know about this either..I think "India" needs a thread!!!..so
3 facts so far..

18. The first song ever written by Lennon was called Hello Little
Girl. McCartney's first was I Lost My Little Girl.

I thought it was thinking of linking....but worthy of discussion...

19. Lennon was charged with plagiarism by Chuck Berry's publisher over
Come Together which resembled Berry's 1956 song You Can't Catch Me.
The case was settled out of court. George Harrison faced and lost a
similar lawsuit over his solo hit My Sweet Lord which resembled the
Chiffons' He's So Fine.

..yes..

20. Lennon's number 9 connection: Lennon was born on 9 October 1940,
his son Sean was also born 9 October, 1975. He wrote the songs #9
Dream (part of Lennon's ninth solo album Walls and Bridges which was
released in the ninth month of 1974 and peaked at number 9 in the US
charts) and with the Beatles - One After 909 and Revolution 9. He
lived in apartment number 72 on 72nd Street in New York and was killed
in the evening of December 8 when it was already early morning of
December 9 in his birthplace of Liverpool.

Yes....

so 4 points that I didn't know....anybody else?

Danny

Eric Ramon

Jun 15, 2010, 7:48:17 PM6/15/10
On Jun 15, 4:18 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

I've got some Beatle facts you didn't know. Ready? Here we go!

1. The Beatles had another drummer before Ringo Starr. Yes, hard to
believe since Ringo fit so well with the others but it's true! A young
man named Pete Best was on "the skins" for the group right up until
they started recording!

2. John Lennon married a Japanese woman. Even though Harrison married
a model and McCartney flitted around town with an actress, Lennon
seemed to prefer someone whose mind intrigued him. I know! Hard to
believe....but it's true!

3. George Harrison was cheeky. He once told producer George Martin
"for starters I don't like your tie". Hilarious....and true!

4. Paul McCartney wrote a song about his sheepdog. Incredible as it
sounds.....

whew...I give up. Coming up with this stuff is hard work.

globular

Jun 15, 2010, 8:49:36 PM6/15/10
On 16/06/2010 9:18 AM, TheWalrusWasDanny wrote:

> [...]

> The case was settled out of court. George Harrison faced and lost a
> similar lawsuit over his solo hit My Sweet Lord which resembled the
> Chiffons' He's So Fine.
>
> ...yes..

> 20. Lennon's number 9 connection: Lennon was born on 9 October 1940,
> his son Sean was also born 9 October, 1975. He wrote the songs #9
> Dream (part of Lennon's ninth solo album Walls and Bridges which was
> released in the ninth month of 1974 and peaked at number 9 in the US
> charts) and with the Beatles - One After 909 and Revolution 9. He
> lived in apartment number 72 on 72nd Street in New York and was killed
> in the evening of December 8 when it was already early morning of
> December 9 in his birthplace of Liverpool.
>
> Yes....
>
> so 4 points that I didn't know....anybody else?

Almost all of it is familiar. Not sure I knew about Grow Old With Me, I
painfully know the other facts of unreleased material, originally having
worked it out from the Complete Beatles Recordings, not having seen it
mentioned anywhere at that time.

Just another fact of a sort.
In Australia The Twilights performed the entire Sgt Peppers on stage
before it was released here.

wikipedia:
"Weeks before the local release of The Beatles’ Sgt Pepper album, The
Twilights were playing the whole LP live, in order, from start to
finish. Alarmed staff at EMI are said to have demanded that the
Twilights desist, fearing their flawless performance might actually harm
sales of the album when it was finally issued in June."

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Jun 15, 2010, 10:03:09 PM6/15/10

"TheWalrusWasDanny" <dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote in message

...I knew this.

..I knew this.

...duh.

..I knew this.

...Oh God...

..this is mad..obvious stuff...

..yes...

...duh.

..yes...

...yes...

..yes..

Yes....

Danny

1. The Threetles also worked with "Now And Then", also not released.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PER886ACgSM

During the Get Back sessions, they recorded lots of songs never released.
Including:

"Watching Rainbows"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBf3H21EMEQ

"Commonwealth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhQ34h5Cs4

"Get Off/White Power"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3TQRdXO78&feature=related

7. Yes, GH ran into Billy in London after walking out of the Get Back
sessions and asked Billy to join them at Apple Studios.

14. During Ringo's fortnight holiday on Peter Sellers' yacht in the
Mediterranean, he wrote "Octopus's Garden". Meanwhile back in Abbey Road,
the Beatles recorded "Back In The USSR" (the song that caused Ringo to quit
after not meeting Paul's approval for the drum part) and "Dear Prudence",
two tracks. On both tracks, Paul played drums. Neither John nor George
were credited as drummer for any Beatles track. Paul later played drums on
"The Ballad of John and Yoko" as John wrote it and wanted to record
immediately, while George and Ringo were out of town.

16. Yes, the Hit Factory LA is a studio and that's where they last
recorded. This may have been the last time they were put on tape in a
recording studio, but not the last time they played together. There was
Paul's visit to the Dakota in 1976 where they watched an episode of Saturday
Night Live and contemplated driving down to the show. Surely they strummed
guitars together during the visit, and perhaps on one or more subsequent
visits.

17.

John Lennon - India
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKyafpvrvE

Paul McCartney - India
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGa20RAeIgY

Paul McCartney - Ain't That A Shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I44L9v1_1y4

John Lennon - Ain't That A Shame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idbsjXtSFLU&feature=related

18. What they said is true. End of discussion.

It's hard not to know all of these, as you say in many cases, easy facts.

ermitano

Jun 15, 2010, 10:29:30 PM6/15/10
On 15 jun, 19:18, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>
wrote:

this mention the "only single" to feature another musician, but i
think of Andy Williams who gets credits for his drumming in Love Me
Do.... but maybe he was credited for it only when Past Masters was
released

brilton

Jun 15, 2010, 10:36:27 PM6/15/10
ermitano wrote:

> this mention the "only single" to feature another musician, but i
> think of Andy Williams who gets credits for his drumming in Love Me
> Do.... but maybe he was credited for it only when Past Masters was
> released

Yes, that doesn't count.

Helen Thomas

Jun 15, 2010, 11:05:31 PM6/15/10

Especially since it was Andy White.

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 12:01:59 AM6/16/10

Yeah, but I mean being mentioned in the accompanying CD booklet by Mark
Lewishon is not the same thing as being mentioned on the actual original
record label.

ermitano

Jun 16, 2010, 12:29:22 AM6/16/10
> record label.- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

andy williams!!! where's my mind?

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 12:34:20 AM6/16/10
ermitano wrote:

> andy williams!!! where's my mind?

No, you were right the first time.

Message has been deleted

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 2:39:55 AM6/16/10
poisoned rose wrote:

> ermitano <umau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> andy williams!!! where's my mind?
>>

> Mel Tormé was the drummer, not Andy. ;)

Ah, the "Velvet Fog". What a dick.

johnty

Jun 16, 2010, 2:44:04 AM6/16/10
On 16 June, 07:39, brilton <notl...@notlirb.yacht.net> wrote:

> > Mel Tormé was the drummer, not Andy. ;)

> Ah, the "Velvet Fog". What a dick.

I only heard him sing. Never saw him naked.

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 2:52:18 AM6/16/10

OK, that made me chuckle.

who?

Jun 16, 2010, 3:28:57 AM6/16/10

His music doesn't sound as bad as
it used to.

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 16, 2010, 4:51:25 AM6/16/10
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), TheWalrusWasDanny
<dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote:

>Whilst surfing the web came across this website

URL?

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 16, 2010, 6:19:10 AM6/16/10
<dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote:

>Whilst surfing the web came across this website which listed 20 Beatle
>facts I didn't know...thought it quite curious for the group!! Here
>they are...
>

>15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
>wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
>played. Lennon did not attend.

I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
buy that next time...." And there never was a next time

who?

Jun 16, 2010, 9:42:25 AM6/16/10
On Jun 16, 5:19 am, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), TheWalrusWasDanny
>
> <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> >Whilst surfing the web came across this website which listed 20 Beatle
> >facts I didn't know...thought it quite curious for the group!! Here
> >they are...
>
> >15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
> >wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
> >played. Lennon did not attend.
>
> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
> buy that next time...."  And there never was a next time
>
> --
> steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
> Nothing is Beatle Proof!!
> Mr Kite posters and more athttp://www.zazzle.com/mr_kite*

> Mr Kite posters and more athttp://www.zazzle.co.uk/mr_kite*

There wasn't ever a recording of this, or was there?

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 10:03:20 AM6/16/10

>> 15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
>> wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
>> played. Lennon did not attend.
>>

> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
> buy that next time...." And there never was a next time

I have never, ever heard of a bootleg of that jam. I somehow doubt it
exists, but I could be wrong. From what I remember of reading someone's
description of the music played, it didn't sound very inspiring.

who?

Jun 16, 2010, 10:12:16 AM6/16/10

I think I read that in Harrison's "I me mine".

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 16, 2010, 10:13:00 AM6/16/10
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 06:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "who?"
<yourimag...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Jun 16, 5:19 am, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), TheWalrusWasDanny
>>
>> <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Whilst surfing the web came across this website which listed 20 Beatle
>> >facts I didn't know...thought it quite curious for the group!! Here
>> >they are...
>>
>> >15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
>> >wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
>> >played. Lennon did not attend.
>>
>> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
>> buy that next time...."  And there never was a next time
>>

>There wasn't ever a recording of this, or was there?

Well.

I know with 100% certaintly that I saw a bootleg at a Record Fair in
Brighton (thus blame Danny) that was clearly described as being from
that event, with a photo on the cover of the four of them (Eric, Paul,
George and Ringo).

Since I didn't get a chance to hear it, I obviously don't know fer
certain if it was the real deal.

--
steve.hat.stephencarter.not.com.but.net
Nothing is Beatle Proof!!

Mr Kite posters and more at http://www.zazzle.com/mr_kite*

Bip Bop

Jun 16, 2010, 11:47:11 AM6/16/10

You didn't.

richforman

Jun 16, 2010, 1:55:40 PM6/16/10

Inspring or no, I'm sure a lot of us would love to hear it! I'm
convinced that no recording was made, it would have surfaced and a lot
of us would already be familiar with it. Sad for us but incredibly
special for the lucky people who were there that day. Would never be
able to happen in this day and age where everything that happens is
digitally documented.

richforman

who?

Jun 16, 2010, 3:58:45 PM6/16/10

Doesn't surprise me. I found the book very boring. :-)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tony Marchelli

Jun 16, 2010, 4:57:21 PM6/16/10
If they let Joe Cocker "in", they'll let ANYONE IN !!!

Helen Thomas

Jun 16, 2010, 5:05:13 PM6/16/10
On Jun 16, 4:57 pm, Tony Marchelli <cefal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If they let Joe Cocker "in", they'll let ANYONE IN !!!

I dub thee Sir Lemmy!

RichL

Jun 16, 2010, 6:00:47 PM6/16/10
"poisoned rose" <pro...@realitychex.com> wrote in message

>> > I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ...
>> > "I'll
>> > buy that next time...." And there never was a next time
>>
>> There wasn't ever a recording of this, or was there?
>
> Jeez, you'd think someone would have at least filmed a portion with his
> cellphone.

OK, that was funny.

TheWalrusWasDanny

Jun 16, 2010, 6:40:51 PM6/16/10
On Jun 16, 3:13 pm, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 06:42:25 -0700 (PDT), "who?"
>

> <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >On Jun 16, 5:19 am, Stephen  X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

> >> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
> >> buy that next time...."  And there never was a next time
>
> >There wasn't ever a recording of this, or was there?
>
> Well.
>
> I know with 100% certaintly that I saw a bootleg at a Record Fair in
> Brighton (thus blame Danny) that was clearly described as being from
> that event, with a photo on the cover of the four of them (Eric, Paul,
> George and Ringo).

At that record fair in the Centre I got Wonderwall Mono original for
eight quid..it's still my rarest album.

Do you remember the Beatles store there?

Danny

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 16, 2010, 8:19:02 PM6/16/10
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:11:02 -0700, poisoned rose
<pro...@realitychex.com> wrote:

>This is quite informative:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrities_appointed_to_the_Order_of_the_British_Empire
>
>Some of the more interesting/surprising names....

[snip]
>J. Edgar Hoover
[snip]
>Steven Spielberg

>I'm not sure that I even realized non-Brits could get this honor.

Yes. But it's Honorary.

My ageing brain tells me that Regan also got something some time.....

Helen Thomas

Jun 16, 2010, 8:30:47 PM6/16/10
On Jun 16, 8:19 pm, Stephen X. Carter <steve@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
> My ageing brain tells me that Regan also got something some time.....

Alzheimer's.

brilton

Jun 16, 2010, 10:02:52 PM6/16/10
poisoned rose wrote:
> This is quite informative:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_celebrities_appointed_to_the_Order_of_the_British_Empire
>
> Some of the more interesting/surprising names....
>

> Midge Ure (wow...I'm guessing he must have done something impressively humanitarian beyond
> music?)

> I'm not sure that I even realized non-Brits could get this honor.

I think it must have been for his work with "Band Aid". Basically it was
him and Sir Bob that instigated the project. Not sure how much
involvement he had in "Live Aid" though.

Message has been deleted

Eric Ramon

Jun 16, 2010, 11:32:29 PM6/16/10
On Jun 16, 8:05 pm, poisoned rose <pro...@realitychex.com> wrote:

> brilton <notl...@notlirb.yacht.net> wrote:
> > > Midge Ure (wow...I'm guessing he must have done something impressively
> > > humanitarian beyond
> > > music?)
>
> > I think it must have been for his work with "Band Aid". Basically it was
> > him and Sir Bob that instigated the project. Not sure how much
> > involvement he had in "Live Aid" though.
>
> Yeah, I looked up his Wikipedia bio. And I forgot that he had co-written
> "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
>
> I think I saw him open solo-acoustic for someone in recent
> years...probably the Soft Boys.
>
> [paste]
> "In 2005, Ure organised Live 8 concerts with Bob Geldof with the aim of
> pressing G8 leaders into taking action to end world poverty. Later that
> year he was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for
> services to music and charity. He has also received four honorary
> degrees in recent years. He was made an Honorary Doctor of Arts in 2005
> by the University of Abertay Dundee for his artistic and charity work
> over the past 30 years. He was made a Doctor of Music by University of
> Edinburgh in 2006. In 2007, he received from the University of Paisley
> his third honorary doctorate, for his contribution to Scottish culture
> and charity work. In 2008, Glasgow Caledonian University awarded him his
> fourth honorary doctorate, for his musical and humanitarian achievements.
>
> "Ure is an Ambassador for Save the Children and in recent years he has
> gone back to Ethiopia and visited Sierra Leone in that capacity."
>
> BTW, that Wikipedia page about the British Empire celebrities didn't
> have John Cale and Graham Nash on the list yet, so I added them myself.
> ;)

Midge Ure....the guy from Slik?

brilton

Jun 17, 2010, 12:09:17 AM6/17/10
Eric Ramon wrote:

> Midge Ure....the guy from Slik?

Ultravox.

Eric Ramon

Jun 17, 2010, 12:42:02 AM6/17/10

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 17, 2010, 1:00:05 AM6/17/10
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:02:52 GMT, brilton <not...@notlirb.yacht.net>
wrote:

Plenty.

And of course I'd forgotten the best example of a non-Brit getting an
honorary K. It's not Sir Bob, but (something like) Bob Geldorf KCMG
(Hon). He's Irish.

brilton

Jun 17, 2010, 9:54:56 PM6/17/10
Stephen X. Carter wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), TheWalrusWasDanny
> <dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote:
>

>> 15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
>> wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
>> played. Lennon did not attend.
>>

> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
> buy that next time...." And there never was a next time

OK. The Uber-nerds over at Bootlegzone have never seen or heard of this
performance on bootleg. They seem to think a recording may exist of it,
but it hasn't seen the light of day. So, that bootleg you saw - perhaps
you dodged a bullet there and were saved from being ripped off?

If it ever *does* come out, maybe it could be a double-album set along
with "A Toot And A Snore"?

Stephen X. Carter

Jun 18, 2010, 3:50:37 AM6/18/10
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 01:54:56 GMT, brilton <not...@notlirb.yacht.net>
wrote:

>Stephen X. Carter wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:18:07 -0700 (PDT), TheWalrusWasDanny
>> <dannyist...@tesco.net> wrote:
>>

>>> 15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's
>>> wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr
>>> played. Lennon did not attend.
>>>
>> I once - ONCE - saw a bootleg of their performance and thought ... "I'll
>> buy that next time...." And there never was a next time
>
>OK. The Uber-nerds over at Bootlegzone have never seen or heard of this
>performance on bootleg. They seem to think a recording may exist of it,
>but it hasn't seen the light of day. So, that bootleg you saw - perhaps
>you dodged a bullet there and were saved from being ripped off?

Indeed. There has to be persuasive proof (qv) to be certain that a
bootleg is actually that which it asserts to be.

At the moment in the parallel world of The Rolling Stones I'm trying to
discover the name of the fourth track that The Stones played on the Mike
Douglas show on 18th June 1964. Video/film is known to exist (it's on
YouTube) of the first three songs, but none is (yet) known to exist of
the fourth. Anyone offering me an audio recording of the show can
expect me to compare the first part carefully with the video, before
accepting that the final part is genuine.

>If it ever *does* come out, maybe it could be a double-album set along
>with "A Toot And A Snore"?

Indeed.

Message has been deleted

Eric Ramon

Jun 18, 2010, 10:45:34 PM6/18/10
On Jun 18, 6:45 pm, poisoned rose <pro...@realitychex.com> wrote:

> > > Ultravox.
>
> > Slik
>
> You really need to update your reference points. ;p Midge Ure from
> Ultravox...Midge Ure from Visage...even Midge Ure from the Rich Kids.
> But Midge Ure from Slik? No.
>
> And BOY, was that "Forever and Ever" song frustratingly slow.... The
> drummer in that video looks like he's going to die of boredom.

yes, Midge Ure from Slik, as well as from the others.
Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Well, at least you're sort of smiling about
it.

Tthe whole purpose of mentioning Slik was to point out what he went
*from* to what he went *to*.

Yeh, that song is pretty terrible. Slik had a few...no, make that a
couple (maybe) of decent songs. They were considered, by those who
write PR copy, "the thinking man's Rollers". There was a whole rash of
pre-fab groups in that era. Slik might have been the best of them but
that still didn't make them any good.

topaz

Jun 19, 2010, 6:39:44 PM6/19/10
On Jun 15, 7:18 pm, TheWalrusWasDanny <dannyisthewal...@tesco.net>

wrote:
> [...]

> The case was settled out of court. George Harrison faced and lost a
> similar lawsuit over his solo hit My Sweet Lord which resembled the
> Chiffons' He's So Fine.
>
> ..yes..
>
> 20. Lennon's number 9 connection: Lennon was born on 9 October 1940,
> his son Sean was also born 9 October, 1975. He wrote the songs #9
> Dream (part of Lennon's ninth solo album Walls and Bridges which was
> released in the ninth month of 1974 and peaked at number 9 in the US
> charts) and with the Beatles - One After 909 and Revolution 9. He
> lived in apartment number 72 on 72nd Street in New York and was killed
> in the evening of December 8 when it was already early morning of
> December 9 in his birthplace of Liverpool.
>
> Yes....
>
> so 4 points that I didn't know....anybody else?

Thanks for the thread, just a bit of trivia which you probably do know
but I will mention it in case you don't . I learned on the Anthology
TV series several years ago that the very first Lennon/McCartney
composition that was recorded although to the best of my recollection
never officially released was called "In Spite of the Danger". I do
not know if they were even called The Beatles at that point.

topaz

Jun 19, 2010, 6:44:54 PM6/19/10
> not know if they were even called The Beatles at that point.- Hide quoted text -

Oops my mistake! Just went to wikipedia and it was not a Lennon/
McCartney composition but a rare McCartney/Harrison composition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Spite_of_All_the_Danger

However Danny I bet you knew this but I posted it anyway. Have a
great Father's Day

topaz

Jun 19, 2010, 6:53:37 PM6/19/10
> great Father's Day- Hide quoted text -

Another post from me on the song "IN Spite of All the Danger"

http://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/in-spite-of-all-the-danger/

Article says it was a rare McCartney/Harrison composition where John
sang lead. How rare is that?