'83 V65 Magna Fuel Pump Question

Computer Guy

Jul 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/27/98
The fuel pump on my bike stopped pumping yesterday.  This happened 24 hours after I bought the bike so I have had no time to buy a repair manual.

My question is:

1) Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pump?  I know that the pump is working because you can direct wire it to the battery and it will pump.
2) Where is this enigmatic fuse.  I have looked everywhere.  I called the local shop and they said it should be around the battery, but there is no fuse to be found.
3) If all else fails, will it cause any problems if I direct wire the fuel pump to an ignition ON hot wire?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jason Collins

Help Repeal Mississippi's Helmet Law
---------------------------------
1983 "Animal" (SICK)
1985 200X

*--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--*
This email address does not accept unsolicited commercial messages.
Any unsolicited email sent to this address is in violation of Federal Law and sender is subject to legal action.
SPAM SUCKS!
*--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--**--*--*--*--*--*

Jack

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
"Computer Guy" <fr0...@bigfoot.com> said:

>The fuel pump on my bike stopped pumping yesterday. This happened 24 hours after I bought the bike so I have had no time to buy a repair manual.

You should get rid of it immediately, if not sooner.
Give me your address, I'll come and pick it up for you.

If you don't fall for that and you're not already on the SabMag
mailing list, try: http://users.penn.com/~pwr/sm-links.html

>1) Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pump? I know that the pump is working because you can direct wire it to the battery and it will pump.

Yes. Look under the seat or below the headlight. Honda liked to move
the fuse box around on different year models. With the '83 it should
be under the seat. Those other 2 boxes near the fuses are the
ignition controllers. They control your fuel pump and tach also.
They are VERY expensive.

>2) Where is this enigmatic fuse. I have looked everywhere. I called the local shop and they said it should be around the battery, but there is no fuse to be found.

There is a main circuit (30 amp) strap fuse inside the starter
solenoid cover. It sometimes breaks and if it does, nothing will
work. Nothing. No lights, no instruments.

>3) If all else fails, will it cause any problems if I direct wire the fuel pump to an ignition ON hot wire?

Don't go there. The fuel pump is controlled by one of the 2 the
ignition boxes. They are $250 each if you fry one. There is no way
to check an ignition box except to replace the box with a known good
one.

The URL above will lead you to the online Magna and Sabre FAQ and the
mailing list, and many, many more V-4 related web pages. Including
one I wrote. :)

--
Paddlefoot CoP#15, FoJ#34 SUCKS#denied
'83 V-45 Magna "Olde Blue" '86 TRX 250 "Red Dawg"

Computer Guy

Jul 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/28/98
Computer Guy wrote in message
<6pik1h$t7h$1...@newsread1-mx.centuryinter.net>...

The fuel pump on my bike stopped pumping yesterday. This happened 24 hours
after I bought the bike so I have had no time to buy a repair manual.

My question is:

1) Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pump? I know that the pump is
working because you can direct wire it to the battery and it will pump.

2) Where is this enigmatic fuse. I have looked everywhere. I called
the local shop and they said it should be around the battery, but there is
no fuse to be found.

3) If all else fails, will it cause any problems if I direct wire the
fuel pump to an ignition ON hot wire?

Thanks in advance.

******************
UPDATE AND QUESTIONS

The fuel pump is working, but the bike is not firing.

Give me some clues.

replace eric with erg

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98

Computer Guy wrote:

> Computer Guy wrote in message
> <6pik1h$t7h$1...@newsread1-mx.centuryinter.net>...
> The fuel pump on my bike stopped pumping yesterday. This happened 24 hours
> after I bought the bike so I have had no time to buy a repair manual.
>
> My question is:
>
> 1) Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pump? I know that the pump is
> working because you can direct wire it to the battery and it will pump.
> 2) Where is this enigmatic fuse. I have looked everywhere. I called
> the local shop and they said it should be around the battery, but there is
> no fuse to be found.
> 3) If all else fails, will it cause any problems if I direct wire the
> fuel pump to an ignition ON hot wire?

Your Magna has a FUEL PUMP? I was under the impression that most motorcycles were gravity feed, hence the gas tank
directly over the engine. Check that the fuel petcock is in the on position (left side of bike under the gas tank).

eric.

Did I just get hooked?

Dave Emerson

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
replace eric with erg wrote:

> Your Magna has a FUEL PUMP? I was under the impression that most motorcycles were gravity feed, hence the gas tank
> directly over the engine.

Many bikes have fuel pumps because the bottom of the tank is too near or
below the carb height, preventing gravity feed.

Examples include VFR750 and Virago 1000/1100; which has two tanks, one
is obvious the other is hidden behind the engine.

--
Dave Emerson
Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Jack

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:

>Computer Guy wrote:
>
>> Computer Guy wrote in message
>> <6pik1h$t7h$1...@newsread1-mx.centuryinter.net>...
>> The fuel pump on my bike stopped pumping yesterday. This happened 24 hours
>> after I bought the bike so I have had no time to buy a repair manual.
>>
>> My question is:
>>
>> 1) Is there a fuse that controls the fuel pump? I know that the pump is
>> working because you can direct wire it to the battery and it will pump.
>> 2) Where is this enigmatic fuse. I have looked everywhere. I called
>> the local shop and they said it should be around the battery, but there is
>> no fuse to be found.
>> 3) If all else fails, will it cause any problems if I direct wire the
>> fuel pump to an ignition ON hot wire?
>

>Your Magna has a FUEL PUMP? I was under the impression that most motorcycles were gravity feed, hence the gas tank

>directly over the engine. Check that the fuel petcock is in the on position (left side of bike under the gas tank).
>
>eric.
>
>Did I just get hooked?

No, but you showed your ignorance. First generation Magnas and Sabres
have fuel pumps. They also had 2 fuel tanks. The main tank drained
into a 1-gallon reserve tank which was hidden behind the engine. The
reserve tank fed into the fuel pump, which pumped fuel back up to the
carbs. When the main tank ran out and the level started going down in
the reserve tank, a low-fuel light would come on.

There is no petcock on the left side of the bike under the gas tank.
There was a vacuum operated petcock behind the left side panel on some
models, but on all models the fuel drained straight out the back of
the tank, not the side like most bikes. The vacuum operated petcock
stopped flow from the reserve tank. There was no way to shut off the
main tank on most models.

I have 2 '83 Magnas and I ride with many more. There are over 400
Magna and Sabres owners online.
http://users.penn.com/~pwr/sm-links.html

ComputerGuy has already come over to the list. Anybody else who has a
V-4 Honda is welcome to join.

--
Paddlefoot

cod...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
My 84 Shadow most definitely has a fuel pump.

In article <35C08593...@technologist.com>,

--
Waste Time At Work and Chat Across Your LAN - http://www.mninter.net/~coder

Charles Clark

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
Dave Emerson <deme...@xford.com> writes:
}
}Many bikes have fuel pumps because the bottom of the tank is too near or
}below the carb height, preventing gravity feed.

My VF750F (same basic engine as magna) has a fuel pump, but that can't
be the reason. When my fuel pump was bad, I gravity fed it for a while
until I got a new one.

--
cmc PAW #4 DoD #1325
"The doctrine of eminent domain, which allows the government to

Dave Emerson

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
Charles Clark wrote:

> Dave Emerson <deme...@xford.com> writes:
> }
> }Many bikes have fuel pumps because the bottom of the tank is too near or
> }below the carb height, preventing gravity feed.
>
> My VF750F (same basic engine as magna) has a fuel pump, but that can't
> be the reason. When my fuel pump was bad, I gravity fed it for a while
> until I got a new one.

Yes, it will gravity feed while the tanks full, but it will stop before
the tank's empty.

--
Dave Emerson
Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop - UK
remove X to reply

Jack

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
Dave Emerson <deme...@Xford.com> said:

>Charles Clark wrote:
>>
>> Dave Emerson <deme...@xford.com> writes:
>> }
>> }Many bikes have fuel pumps because the bottom of the tank is too near or
>> }below the carb height, preventing gravity feed.
>>
>> My VF750F (same basic engine as magna) has a fuel pump, but that can't
>> be the reason. When my fuel pump was bad, I gravity fed it for a while
>> until I got a new one.
>>

>Yes, it will gravity feed while the tanks full, but it will stop before
>the tank's empty.

Well they'll *all* stop when they're empty! But the ones with the
reserve tank behind the engine, they'll run without a fuel pump until
the main tank is empty. When there's no fuel left above the carbs,
it'll starve and die without the pump.

--
Paddlefoot

replace eric with erg

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Jack wrote:

> replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
>
> >Your Magna has a FUEL PUMP? I was under the impression that most motorcycles were gravity feed,

<snip>

> >Did I just get hooked?
>

> No, but you showed your ignorance.

Of a bike made when I was nine years old?

> There was a vacuum operated petcock behind the left side panel on some
> models, but on all models the fuel drained straight out the back of
> the tank, not the side like most bikes.

Like my Honda scooter, but it had a Manual control and vacuum hose on the same petcock.

> ComputerGuy has already come over to the list. Anybody else who has a
> V-4 Honda is welcome to join.

I was thinking about replacing my Shadow 500 with a VF, but I got rather poor reviews on the interceptor, such as most
people buy the to kick the stuffing out of them. Not a suggested good used bike.

eric.

Dan Nitschke

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
replace eric with erg wrote:

> Jack wrote:
>
> > replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
> >
> > >Did I just get hooked?
> >
> > No, but you showed your ignorance.
>
> Of a bike made when I was nine years old?

Just what I needed first thing this morning --
a reminder that not only am I old, but things
I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
now considered old and fairly obscure by people
in their mid-20s.

Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
way back to bed, 'K?

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, Ignorant Yank (tm) #1, BOF #26, HH #1 */

Dan Nitschke ^^ peDA...@best.com ^^ el...@redbrick.com
=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=?=/=|=\=
But I'm just an old man, I'd probably get sore.
- Jimmy Buffett, "They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More"

Dances with Poultry

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 07:45:45 -0700, Dan Nitschke
<peda...@best.com> said:

>Just what I needed first thing this morning --
>a reminder that not only am I old, but things
>I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
>now considered old and fairly obscure by people
>in their mid-20s.
>
>Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
>way back to bed, 'K?

You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit

kaz...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
In article <35C47B...@best.com>,

peda...@best.com wrote:
> replace eric with erg wrote:
> >
> > Jack wrote:

> > > No, but you showed your ignorance.
> >
> > Of a bike made when I was nine years old?
>
> Just what I needed first thing this morning --
> a reminder that not only am I old, but things
> I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
> now considered old and fairly obscure by people
> in their mid-20s.
>
> Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
> way back to bed, 'K?

"Geeze"! Just wait until your 55, when you suddenly realize your boots
are older then most of the guys on this newsgroup.

kazmir
93 f-2

Jack

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:

>I was thinking about replacing my Shadow 500 with a VF, but I got rather poor reviews on the interceptor, such as most
>people buy the to kick the stuffing out of them. Not a suggested good used bike.

No bike that was bought in order to "kick the stuffing out of it"
would be a good used bike. What does that have to do with Honda
V-4's? Would you buy *any* bike that had been treated like that? Do
you think that *all* of us treat our bikes that way?

You're entitled to your own opinion, but since that opinion is based
on practically nothing, having never owned or ridden one, and relying
on reviews of other people who also don't own or ride one, please
forgive me if I consider your opinion to be somewhat less than useful.

I can produce about 400 people who would vehemently disagree with your
opinion, based on their own experiences while riding and owning Honda
V-4 motorcycles.

You should probably keep that little Shadow or your scooter. When
you're ready for something that will dislocate your shoulder sockets,
move on up to the V-4. Some people will never be able to handle one.

--
Paddlefoot

Jack

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Dan Nitschke <peda...@best.com> said:

>replace eric with erg wrote:
>>
>> Jack wrote:

>> > No, but you showed your ignorance.
>>
>> Of a bike made when I was nine years old?
>
>Just what I needed first thing this morning --
>a reminder that not only am I old, but things
>I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
>now considered old and fairly obscure by people
>in their mid-20s.

Just what *I* need. Young whippersnappers considering themselves to
be "old".

>Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
>way back to bed, 'K?

You wanna use my walker?

--
Paddlefoot

Dan Nitschke

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 07:45:45 -0700, Dan Nitschke
> <peda...@best.com> said:
>
> >Just what I needed first thing this morning --
> >a reminder that not only am I old, but things
> >I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
> >now considered old and fairly obscure by people
> >in their mid-20s.
> >
> >Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
> >way back to bed, 'K?
>
> You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)

Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?

...uh, forget I asked that, OK?

/* dan: The Anti-Ged, Ignorant Yank (tm) #1, BOF #26, HH #1 */

Dan Nitschke . peDA...@best.com . nits...@redbrick.com
= =-= == =-= == =-= == =-= == =-= == =-= == =-= == =-= =
A man my age is very young, so I'm told; why do I feel
so old? -- Billy Joel, "Why Judy Why"

Charles Clark

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) writes:
}>
}>Yes, it will gravity feed while the tanks full, but it will stop before
}>the tank's empty.

I think it will also starve for fuel when running at continuous highish
revs, but might be wrong.

}Well they'll *all* stop when they're empty! But the ones with the
}reserve tank behind the engine, they'll run without a fuel pump until
}the main tank is empty. When there's no fuel left above the carbs,
}it'll starve and die without the pump.

The VF Interceptor doesn't have the reserve tank; main tank goes to fuel
filter (under the pump) and that goes to the pump (under the seat just
forward of the rear wheel), which goes to the carbs (under the main
tank).

Jack

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Charles Clark <c...@ralf.org> said:

>paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) writes:
>}>
>}>Yes, it will gravity feed while the tanks full, but it will stop before
>}>the tank's empty.
>
>I think it will also starve for fuel when running at continuous highish
>revs, but might be wrong.

Roads around here are too crooked to find out. :)

>The VF Interceptor doesn't have the reserve tank; main tank goes to fuel
>filter (under the pump) and that goes to the pump (under the seat just
>forward of the rear wheel), which goes to the carbs (under the main
>tank).

But we agree on the original question--whether or not these bikes have
fuel pumps. They do.

--
Paddlefoot
DoD#208x5A

Dances with Poultry

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:55:02 -0700, Dan Nitschke
<peda...@best.com> said:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 07:45:45 -0700, Dan Nitschke
>> <peda...@best.com> said:
>>
>> >Just what I needed first thing this morning --
>> >a reminder that not only am I old, but things
>> >I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
>> >now considered old and fairly obscure by people
>> >in their mid-20s.
>> >
>> >Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
>> >way back to bed, 'K?
>>
>> You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)
>
>Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?
>
>...uh, forget I asked that, OK?

easy to do, I forget where I put my socks.

Bill and Dawn

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
wrote:

>replace eric with erg wrote:
>> Of a bike made when I was nine years old?
>
>Just what I needed first thing this morning --

if it makes you feel any better, i was 11...;-)

don't feel bad Dan. my wife and i were at the movies[1], and a group
of 16 year olds sitting behind us made us feel pretty dang old. before
the movie started, they were talking about *old* music groups like
Nelson, New Kids on the Block, and Milly Vanilli[2].

1. Saving Private Ryan was good
2. i never said they had good taste in "old" music

|Bill and Dawn '94 Ford Bronco
| '85 Honda Magna V30
| '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme
|Email address changed due to growing Auto-SPAM.

Jack

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
dav...@aval.net (Bill and Dawn) said:

>On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 07:45:45 -0700, Dan Nitschke <peda...@best.com>
>wrote:
>>replace eric with erg wrote:
>>> Of a bike made when I was nine years old?
>>
>>Just what I needed first thing this morning --
>
>if it makes you feel any better, i was 11...;-)

And I was flying AWACS in Saudi Arabia.

--
Paddlefoot
DoD#208x5A

Nola J

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:55:02 -0700, Dan Nitschke
> <peda...@best.com> said:
>
> >Dances with Poultry wrote:

> >> You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)
> >
> >Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?
> >
> >...uh, forget I asked that, OK?
>
> easy to do, I forget where I put my socks.

Dont worry, you'll find them soon enough.
I hear the odor will attract small animals.

--
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
~Nola J

Jack

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Nola J <er...@erols.com> said:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:55:02 -0700, Dan Nitschke
>> <peda...@best.com> said:

>> >Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?
>> >
>> >...uh, forget I asked that, OK?
>>
>> easy to do, I forget where I put my socks.
>>
>Dont worry, you'll find them soon enough.
>I hear the odor will attract small animals.

That's why there's no termites...

--
Paddlefoot
DoD#208x5A

Jack

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Nola J <er...@erols.com> said:

I heard it'll kill anything smaller than a moose.
I guess that's why he has no termites.

--
Paddlefoot
DoD#208x5A

Dances with Poultry

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:38:09 -0700, Nola J <er...@erols.com> wrote:

>Dances with Poultry wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:55:02 -0700, Dan Nitschke

>> <peda...@best.com> said:

>> >Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?
>> >
>> >...uh, forget I asked that, OK?
>>

>> easy to do, I forget where I put my socks.

>Dont worry, you'll find them soon enough.
>I hear the odor will attract small animals.

Don't you have sumpin domestic to do?

Nola J

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98

Already did the laundry!
Now I have time to lounge, eat bon-bons, and read the newsgroups.
(vacation....aint life great!)

Nola J

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Jack wrote:

> Nola J <er...@erols.com> said:
>
> >Dances with Poultry wrote:
> >>
> >> I forget where I put my socks.
> >>
> >Dont worry, you'll find them soon enough.
> >I hear the odor will attract small animals.
>
> I heard it'll kill anything smaller than a moose.
> I guess that's why he has no termites.

Too bad the smell cant warn off large cows....
you could have borrowed a pair. ;)

Steve Melander

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Dan Nitschke wrote:

> Dances with Poultry wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 07:45:45 -0700, Dan Nitschke
> > <peda...@best.com> said:
> >
> > >Just what I needed first thing this morning --
> > >a reminder that not only am I old, but things
> > >I thought were neat when I was in *college* are
> > >now considered old and fairly obscure by people
> > >in their mid-20s.
> > >
> > >Y'all excuse me while I get my cane and geeze my
> > >way back to bed, 'K?
> >
> > You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)
>
> Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?

The plumbing starts to go. And I don't mean in your house.

> ...uh, forget I asked that, OK?

Too late. It's affixed in my brain.

Steve (one of the few thing that is) 65

Some Guy at a Dealership

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) whiled away the hours on Mon, 03 Aug 1998
16:15:27 GMT with the following:

>> I hear the odor will attract small animals.

> I heard it'll kill anything smaller than a moose.
> I guess that's why he has no termites.

Or houseguests.
Adam Wade espr...@winternet.com
CIMC #1 DoD #2009 LOMP #2 "The only way I'll stop riding
1984 Plymouth Turismo (Guido) is if I stop breathing."
http://www.winternet.com/~espresso

Charles Clark

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) writes:
}
}But we agree on the original question--whether or not these bikes have
}fuel pumps. They do.

And they are expensive little beasts, at that.

replace eric with erg

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:55:02 -0700, Dan Nitschke

> <peda...@best.com> said:
>
> >Dances with Poultry wrote:

> >> You'll always be a kid to me Dano ;)
> >
> >Great. Now I'm old an immature. What next?
> >

> >...uh, forget I asked that, OK?
>

> easy to do, I forget where I put my socks.

My ferret has them, and is holding them for ransom.

eric.

replace eric with erg

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Jack wrote:

> replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
>
> >I was thinking about replacing my Shadow 500 with a VF, but I got rather poor reviews on the interceptor, such as most
> >people buy the to kick the stuffing out of them. Not a suggested good used bike.
>
> No bike that was bought in order to "kick the stuffing out of it"
> would be a good used bike. What does that have to do with Honda
> V-4's? Would you buy *any* bike that had been treated like that? Do
> you think that *all* of us treat our bikes that way?

No, I was refering to the Interceptor, the GOOF2 of it's day, and I was paraphrasing what a mechanic said to me when I
showed interest in an Interceptor they had out front of the shop.

> You're entitled to your own opinion,

Apparently, not so. Only those with Power of Girlfriend (tm)[1] status can regulate my opinion.

eric.

[1] Stronger than Power of Attorney

Jack

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:

>No, I was refering to the Interceptor, the GOOF2 of it's day, and I was paraphrasing what a mechanic said to me when I
>showed interest in an Interceptor they had out front of the shop.

You don't suppose he was just talking about that particular bike and
not the whole model line, was he?

>> You're entitled to your own opinion,
>
>Apparently, not so. Only those with Power of Girlfriend (tm)[1] status can regulate my opinion.

Huh?

>[1] Stronger than Power of Attorney

Apparently, you haven't dealt with PoDAaPoJ (tm)[1a] yet.

--
Paddlefoot '83 V-45 Magna, kicked around and still kicking like a mule
DoD#208x5A

replace eric with erg

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98

Jack wrote:

> replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
>
> >No, I was refering to the Interceptor, the GOOF2 of it's day, and I was paraphrasing what a mechanic said to me when I
> >showed interest in an Interceptor they had out front of the shop.
>
> You don't suppose he was just talking about that particular bike and
> not the whole model line, was he?

I beleive he was refering more towards the type of rider, said something about it not needing oil changes because the oil
will be changed with the next top end rebuild.

_I_ thought it was funny.

How can I tell if my bike has a rev limiter?

eric.

Dances with Poultry

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
On Tue, 04 Aug 1998 05:38:27 GMT, espr...@winternet.com
(Some Guy at a Dealership) said:

>paddl...@cococo.net (Jack) whiled away the hours on Mon, 03 Aug 1998
>16:15:27 GMT with the following:
>
>>> I hear the odor will attract small animals.
>
>> I heard it'll kill anything smaller than a moose.
>> I guess that's why he has no termites.
>
>Or houseguests.

I HEARD THAT!

Dances with Poultry

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98

May he rest in peas.

Jack

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:

>How can I tell if my bike has a rev limiter?

Let me ride it?

--
Paddlefoot
DoD#208x5A, RRS#9 (pending)

Rich Ireland

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98

New batteries?

--
Rich

replace eric with erg

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98

Jack wrote:

> replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
>
> >How can I tell if my bike has a rev limiter?
>
> Let me ride it?

Sure, tomorow morning, 8 a.m.Can you be in Toronto by then?

eric. email me as to when you'll hit the airport.

--
Resistance is futile - The Borg
Resistance is useless - The Cybermen

Dances with Poultry

Aug 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/8/98

What is this? Pick on Dennis day?

......mope

Nola J

Aug 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/8/98
Dances with Poultry wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Aug 1998 01:22:16 GMT,
> rich...@nospam.dreamscape.com (Rich Ireland) said:
>
> >In article <35cb441a...@news.onramp.net>, Dances with Poultry wrote:

> >> I HEARD THAT!
> >
> >New batteries?
>
> What is this? Pick on Dennis day?
>
> ......mope

it's just 'cause you're so cute,
they cant help themselves!

Strut those tailfeathers!

Jack

Aug 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/8/98
replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:

>Jack wrote:
>
>> replace eric with erg <er...@technologist.com> said:
>>
>> >How can I tell if my bike has a rev limiter?
>>
>> Let me ride it?
>
>Sure, tomorow morning, 8 a.m.Can you be in Toronto by then?
>
>eric. email me as to when you'll hit the airport.

That'll be right after I hit the cow.

Windy

Aug 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/8/98
On Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:38:37 GMT, dbr...@onramp.net (Dances with