This is now yuppy land

Donna

Aug 20, 2001, 11:50:39 AM8/20/01
Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
went to-----------yes I,m old school but that's the way I like
it -------------It's just a matter of time before 98% of you new so called
bikers on your new $20,000000000000000 bikes/ground pounders-or what ever
you call them----------------------never mind----You guys really don't know
just how stupid you look out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't
belong.And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE---That's
why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people that ride
them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come
into my shop like there doing me a favor by letting me put up with there
asshole i got money attitude--I didn't need your type before you became a
"BIKER" and I damsure don't need your type now. The people I deal with
(most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these
are REAL PEOPLE--The ones that stuck it out when Harley was dieing----You
people have no clue-----Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
the Heart----Thought I'd try to help out in this group for some free tech
advice--but since I've been here--I'm hearing the same shit I get at the
bar---Stupid yuppie asshole questions about stupid shit--I have nether the
time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to hang out

Sal

78FXE
PHD Master Tech
24Yrs Exp
AHDRA Mech of the year
1%er
HFFH

MANDKIM

Aug 20, 2001, 12:04:33 PM8/20/01

You forgot to put...."Goodbye cruel world, I will be here no longer to kick".

Stone

Donna A.

Aug 20, 2001, 12:12:02 PM8/20/01
Donna wrote:

<snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
before that isn't worth repeating>

Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

--
Donna A.
Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26

Travis Webster

Aug 20, 2001, 12:14:18 PM8/20/01
So Sal,

Tell us how you really feel.....

One thing I love about this group is the OVER generalizations it tries to
throw out.... I quote...

> That's why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people
that ride
> them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come

Well I have this to say for myself and a few others I know, FUCK OFF.... I
bought the 98 because I got sick and fucking tired of working on the damn
thing every 500 miles no matter what (gotta lube and adjust that damn chain
every 500 miles) I wanted to ride the god damn thing not work on the son of
a bitch, that's why it is dirty most of the time I bought it to ride not
look at it.

OK said my piece everybody step up for a round on me...

--
****************

Travis "T"
~v~ #6969
TiTSS (tm) #1, No ASS

98 FXTSC
80 XLS
83 GS750E (for the kid in me)

"Sal" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

Panhead

Aug 20, 2001, 12:20:20 PM8/20/01
Donna wrote:

> Been lurking here for awhile-------------(snip the girlyboy whine) This USED to > be a cool place to hang out

It will be again when you FOAD.

Panhead

Aug 20, 2001, 12:23:39 PM8/20/01
"Donna A." wrote:

> Donna wrote:
> >
> <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
> before that isn't worth repeating>
>
> Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

I knew that.
YOU knew that.
All with synapse's still conversing with other synapse's in
their knoggen know that.

"Donna" doesn't know that.

Panhead

Aug 20, 2001, 12:28:06 PM8/20/01
MANDKIM wrote:

> >Been lurking here for awhile-------(snip)

> You forgot to put...."Goodbye cruel world, I will be here no longer to kick".

OK OK.. I owe ya one.
That was humorous.

Wayne Fernandez

Aug 20, 2001, 12:51:40 PM8/20/01
Donna wrote in message ...

>Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
>happen--

snip all down to

>This USED to be a cool place to hang out
>
>Sal
>
>78FXE
>PHD Master Tech
>24Yrs Exp
>AHDRA Mech of the year
>1%er
>HFFH

You left out Generalizing Dipshit.
--
MWF AH 52
1960 FLH - I be BAD!

&

1999 FLHTCUI - Whoopsy, I not be a real Biker Dood

to be traded in on

2002 FLHTCI (in October maybe) - Lordy Lord, I'm on the road to perdition!

Bob La Londe

Aug 20, 2001, 12:51:08 PM8/20/01

Travis Webster <tran...@att.net> wrote in message

> So Sal,
>
> Tell us how you really feel.....
>
> One thing I love about this group is the OVER generalizations it tries to
> throw out.... I quote...
>
> > That's why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people
> that ride
> > them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come
>
> Well I have this to say for myself and a few others I know, FUCK OFF.... I
> bought the 98 because I got sick and fucking tired of working on the damn
> thing every 500 miles no matter what (gotta lube and adjust that damn chain
> every 500 miles) I wanted to ride the god damn thing not work on the son of
> a bitch, that's why it is dirty most of the time I bought it to ride not
> look at it.
>
> OK said my piece everybody step up for a round on me...

I'll buy a round to that one. "I bought it to ride not work on."

Wayne Fernandez

Aug 20, 2001, 12:42:27 PM8/20/01
Donna A. wrote in message <3B8136D2...@spam.hotmail.com>...

>Donna wrote:
>>
><snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
>before that isn't worth repeating>
>
>Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...
>
>--
>Donna A.
>Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26

Damn! Thank god - I thought you had gone off on a tear and I couldn't figure
out why.

--
MWF AH 52
The road goes on forever

Topp

Aug 20, 2001, 1:04:49 PM8/20/01

"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Been lurking here for awhile---------------
<snip>

> Sal

Are you using mommies PC again?--(the "donna" as the return addy gave it away")

Len

Aug 20, 2001, 1:08:08 PM8/20/01
Donna/Sal not quite sure which one, fished with the following bait:

> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew
>this would happen--all these really stupid questions
>about all your new fuel inject,RKs

Don't know the answers, huh? Isn't it soooo frustrating when the world
passes you by?

>You guys really don't know just how stupid you look
>out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't belong.
>And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS

Most? Did you take a poll (pole)? Did you take it up your ass?

>THAT CAN`T RIDE---That's why I'll only take in bikes
>older than 85---because--most people that ride them

>are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB...

Ok, Mr/Ms whatever... what's that make me (read my sig)? Color me curious
before I spit the bait.

--
ASSHOLE #104 Len
BS#90 Wolf#21 PHゥ#3 SENS MANS

Donna A.

Aug 20, 2001, 1:02:50 PM8/20/01

Waddya mean by THAT remark, ya yuppie poser motherfu--ummm, er... Nope,
t'wasn't me.

8-)

--
Donna A.
Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26

SGH Esquire

Aug 20, 2001, 1:09:50 PM8/20/01
Sal, you gonna come confiscate my Softail?

You know, if your beloved Harley-Davidson and its dealers chose to sell bikes
for $12,000 instead of $21,000, maybe your gritty blue-collar buddies would
still be riding them.

You need to explain how they would be able to afford aftermarket parts, though.
If Harleys were free, chrome and performance goodies would still be out of the
reach of the average union member or day laborer.

// I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it
until threatened with some small object, such as a spoon. //

Certified Harley-Riding Yuppie Swine
'01 FLSTC
'00 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Joe Mama

Aug 20, 2001, 1:20:11 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:50:39 GMT, "Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

<cut for space>

Well, you do have *some* potential..

> Sal

What's this? It says "Donna" in the address.

You're not "one of those", are you?

Are you from California?

> 78FXE

WHAT!!?? One of those sissy electric starts..

*Real* bikers use kick starters..

> PHD Master Tech

What's "PHD"? Post Hole Digger? Piled High and Dry?

> 24Yrs Exp

Experience at what?

> AHDRA Mech of the year

What's AHDRA, and how come i've never heard of you?

> 1%er

Self assumed?

> HFFH

And what is this an abbreviation for?

Hucksters Forever - Forever Hucksters?

How original. Copying someone else's idea to suit your own application..

-jm
1968 XLCH

To return mail no spam, change the reply address of:

"joe mama at rare bird dot com"
"joe mama at rare bird dot net"

Curly Larry and

Aug 20, 2001, 1:29:43 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:50:39 GMT, "Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

I'm not sure what's worse

>DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE

Or dangerous fucks that can't spell, type, punctuate, enunciate (just
a guess), or convey a meaningful thought, in a way that makes it
easily understood by the intended audience. In the grand scheme of
things, I'd say that those that are illiterate, and don't care to take
time, to endeavor to change, are a greater threat to humanity than
clueless riders.

That's just my yuppie scum way of saying bite me.

And does Donna know that you're using her computer to post this
drivel?
--
Curly LaJolla (CLeM) BS#107
93 FLHS Bark-O-Glide "Smooth as a Stratoliner"

David Smalley

Aug 20, 2001, 2:09:54 PM8/20/01
"Donna A." wrote:

> Donna wrote:
> >
> <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
> before that isn't worth repeating>
>
> Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

Whew!

8^)

--
DAVe
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/d/r/drsi/

Aspenskyy

Aug 20, 2001, 2:15:39 PM8/20/01
>Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
>happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs

Please go back to lurking. You have absolutely no value to add here.
C. Corder
99 Yamaha R1
01 Suzuki SV650S
99 H-D Sportster

T. Copeland

Aug 20, 2001, 3:04:42 PM8/20/01
wrote:

>Been lurking here for awhile--

<snipped the rant>

Pssst...Hey Sal...change the Donna in yer addy next time.
Or are ya too "Old School"?

T.Copeland
96 FXDS

Jordon

Aug 20, 2001, 3:16:48 PM8/20/01

"Donna" wrote
[snipped it all]

What a terrible waste of a good name.

Jordon
BS#2

~MrScottly

Aug 20, 2001, 3:39:44 PM8/20/01

Donna wrote:

> I,m old school but that's the way I like
> it

Nuttin' wrong with that.

> You guys really don't know
> just how stupid you look out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't
> belong

Kind of like you being here. As an uneducated moron, your sentence structure is
piss-poor at best, which makes you stand out like a sore thumb amongst us that
can write a structured sentence.

> .And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE

I got clobbered by a drunk. Does that make me dangerous? Seems to me that it
makes drunks dangerous, not bike riders.

> -That's
> why I'll only take in bikes older than 85-

Takin' it in the ass again, Elrod?? When will you ever learn.

> I didn't need your type before you became a
> "BIKER" and I damsure don't need your type now. The people I deal with
> (most) usually can't afford

You don't need "our type", but you damn sure can't get any money out of the
losers that you yourself admit patronize your shop. So just how much per hour do
you charge to use all that bailing wire and bubble gum to piece together some
road tramps broken down shitwagon?

> Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
> the Heart

Which contradicts what you said about guys that ride old iron. You said, "The

people I deal with
(most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these

are REAL PEOPLE".
So, riding old iron makes you a "real biker" in your opinion, but being a biker
is a "state of mind"?? make up your mind, boy.

> -Thought I'd try to help out in this group for some free tech
> advice

Like we asked for any of your bailing wire tricks??

> I'm hearing the same shit I get at the
> bar

Yea.......it goes like this........"Don't let the door hit you, ya dumb drunken
fuck".

> This USED to be a cool place to hang out

It didn't smell as bad either, 'till you got here.

> Sal
>
> 78FXE
> PHD Master Tech
> 24Yrs Exp
> AHDRA Mech of the year
> 1%er
> HFFH

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh.......I'm impressed. Sal's a master jerkoff..........

That and $.25 get's you a cup of coffee.

MrScottly#54

Gareth

Aug 20, 2001, 3:55:01 PM8/20/01

Donna wrote:

> Been lurking here for awhile-

Snip.

Couldn't you have kept on ?

As another poster said, this is the present, live in it.

Don't like that other people have money ? Tough shit. Doesn't change
your world at all. Ride your bike, wrench on it, and take some Ritalin.
Nobody else gives a fuck.

Now back to your regular programming.

Gareth - 77 FXE - 83 FXSB - DM#2 - AH#102

SGH Esquire

Aug 20, 2001, 3:56:24 PM8/20/01
>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:50:39 GMT, "Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Been lurking here for awhile--

Spelled "jerking" wrong.

tmgs

Aug 20, 2001, 4:16:17 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:20:11 -0700, Joe Mama <joe...@prozac.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:50:39 GMT, "Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> 78FXE
>
>WHAT!!?? One of those sissy electric starts..
>
>*Real* bikers use kick starters..

Untill they can't kick em anymore <g>

<God rides a Panhead>

AH #103, SENS, BS#80, FLF
Visit <http://www.NRA.org> to join.
<http://www.vote-smart.org> Find your elected officials and more
t m g s a t b e l l s o u t h d o t n e t

Bill Collins

Aug 20, 2001, 4:29:14 PM8/20/01
OK, I can't stand it- I'll add my 2 cents worth and shut up. I think part of
being a biker(since 1960-I'm an old yuppie) is having fun, not stepping on
other people's toes, riding safely, and other than that, not giving much of
a shit about what anybody else thinks.
Everyone have a wet, cold one on me and we'll try to locate some Ritialn
tomorrow.
Bill C.
"Gareth" <Gareth...@aasage.com> wrote in message

Joe Mama

Aug 20, 2001, 4:34:13 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:16:17 GMT, nos...@home.com (tmgs) wrote:

>> *Real* bikers use kick starters..

> Untill they can't kick em anymore <g>

Fortunately, I ain't there yet..

> <God rides a Panhead>

Huh? I always thought that he rode a Sportster..

-jm
1968 XLCH under construction..

RULE #1: JOE MAMA IS *ALWAYS* RIGHT!!

RULE #2: WHEN JOE MAMA IS WRONG, REFER TO RULE NUMBER ONE!

To return mail no spam, change the reply address to:

tmgs

Aug 20, 2001, 4:33:08 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:34:13 -0700, Joe Mama <joe...@prozac.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:16:17 GMT, nos...@home.com (tmgs) wrote:
>
>>> *Real* bikers use kick starters..
>
>> Untill they can't kick em anymore <g>
>
>Fortunately, I ain't there yet..
>

>> <God rides a Panhead>
>
>Huh? I always thought that he rode a Sportster..

BWhahahhahahaha!

>-jm
> 1968 XLCH under construction..
>
>RULE #1: JOE MAMA IS *ALWAYS* RIGHT!!
>
>RULE #2: WHEN JOE MAMA IS WRONG, REFER TO RULE NUMBER ONE!
>
>To return mail no spam, change the reply address to:
>
> "joe mama at rare bird dot net"

Donna

Aug 20, 2001, 4:45:26 PM8/20/01
Yes she knows that i'm useing
it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e started
something here------------------how;s tis sentance
strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take it
out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people

Greasy Rider

Aug 20, 2001, 5:09:24 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:12:02 -0500, "Donna A."
<flhtc...@spam.hotmail.com> scribbled on my phosphur coated screen:

>Donna wrote:

>Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

Now Donna, are you *sure* it wasn't you?

Fess up now!

--
Ride Safe!-Greasy Rider
'97 FLHTCI Trike & '01 FLHT

Rob

Aug 20, 2001, 5:05:35 PM8/20/01

Donna <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
Thanks for waking up this bar Sal, its been a little quiet in here lately.
Nothing like a good bar fight to get the blood going. Now how about around
for the house while you tell us why the evo and tc88 is crap. I'm sure your
24 years of expeience and master tech standing has a wealth of knowledge to
dazzle us with. You've got the bar's attention, go on.

Rob
86 FLST "Old Faithful"

Road Glidin' Don

Aug 20, 2001, 5:11:34 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:39:44 GMT, ~MrScottly <sco...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>> Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
>> the Heart
>
>Which contradicts what you said about guys that ride old iron. You said, "The
>people I deal with
>(most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these
>are REAL PEOPLE".
>So, riding old iron makes you a "real biker" in your opinion, but being a biker
>is a "state of mind"?? make up your mind, boy.

A good point, and right at the core of a lot of silly threads like
this.

--
Work to ride. Ride to work.
(remove _NO_SPAM_ to reply)

98 FLTRI
83 Nighthawk

Home page: http://members.home.net/langkd
Alaska trip: http://members.home.net/langkd/Alaska/

HS2BUD

Aug 20, 2001, 5:33:18 PM8/20/01
>Subject: Re: This is now yuppy land
>From: langkd_...@home.com (Road Glidin' Don)
>Date: 08/20/2001 5:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Don wrote;
>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:39:44 GMT, Don mentions from some loser;

>>> Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
>>> the Heart

Christ Don, my lunch came up the first time I read that fucking tripe.
Tony D aka "Pecos Bill"
Cyclone
SENS (less)
LFS#38
BS#149

Panhead

Aug 20, 2001, 5:32:32 PM8/20/01
Bill Collins wrote in a most unworthy top posting fashion:

> OK, I can't stand it- I'll add my 2 cents worth and shut up. I think part of
> being a biker(since 1960-I'm an old yuppie) is having fun, not stepping on
> other people's toes, riding safely, and other than that, not giving much of
> a shit about what anybody else thinks.

Your opinion is duly noted and entered into the databases.
However, it sounds like you described a HUMAN BEING to me.
You aren't trying to propose that humans can be "bikers", and
that "bikers" can indeed be human....are you?
Think about what THAT kind of perverted thinking does to the
common knowledge!

EGADS!

> Everyone have a wet, cold one on me and we'll try to locate some Ritialn
> tomorrow.

Uh, no.

Panhead

Aug 20, 2001, 5:48:52 PM8/20/01
Donna, who now goes by the name of Sal, wrote the following like
an idiot :

> Yes she knows that i'm useing
> it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e started
> something here------------------how;s tis sentance
> strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
> spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take it
> out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people

> > Sal
> >
> > 78FXE
> > PHD Master Tech

A doctorate in tech, yet you can't manufacture a sentence?

> > 24Yrs Exp

I have 43 years of experience.

> > AHDRA Mech of the year

I'm sure you believe you do indeed have that honor.

> > 1%er

THAT I believe!

> > HFFH

My sig's bigger than YOUR sig! (neener neener)

Panhead.AH™#49, HSB™#1219, KoB/CoT™205# ,O•14®,
AR/Y2K Compliant™, TPG/GN™#'76
D E C L A R A T I O N
Whereas M. Panhead is a serial-numbered Asshole (tm), and
Whereas M. Panhead is an international expert in Big'uns, 'n
Whereas M. Panhead owns a Harley (not some Jap shit)...
Let it hereby be know that M. Panhead Gluteus Maximus
is appointed official

((((( Benefactor for Life )))))

of news:alt.revenge.loveaffairs with all the privileges and
d@oc-like powers pertaining thereto, including but not
limited to assorted bashing, flames, trolls, sarcasm,
feeling-up of titties, ajudging firmness of buns, demanding
binaries, and other such duties and exertions that his
exalted personage may deem fit.
He will heretofore be known as "The Benefactor" and
addressed respectfully by the appelative "Master Panhead".
So let it be written, so let it be said.
1976 Yamaha RD-350
1974 Kaw 500 'trip'
1965 H-D XLCH
1974 H-D FL
1945 H-D FL
1995 Simplicity
1993 Sable
1986 Voyager
1999 Black-n-Decker Toaster oven
1957 Wife.
2001 Sony TV.
100%er!

ILBCNURICO

Aug 20, 2001, 6:05:37 PM8/20/01

Well Sal glad ta see your still arownd. Some of the folks here although veiled
in virtual obscurity are some pretty able riders. I used to avg. 20-25k miles a
year and thought of myself as a prety good rider.
The folks I've had the pleasure of meetimg in the past few months thats a short
season. Not many possers, just hard ridin folks. I think you may of forgoten
how you got started and some of the questions you had long ago. These folks
take the time to teach newbies, like myself, and guys like yourself the fine
art of frienship with some biker stuff thown in. Be kind to your neighbor with
the gazillion$ for the new bike, he's trying to find the heart you were born
with.

Regards
Rico

ILBCNURICO

Aug 20, 2001, 6:08:57 PM8/20/01

>Christ Don, my lunch came up the first time I read that fucking tripe.
>Tony D aka "Pecos Bill"
>Cyclone

Hey! I like tripe! Kbighalkey even tried it!
A round of applause for Kurt. Thank you

Rico

Road Glidin' Don

Aug 20, 2001, 6:30:53 PM8/20/01
On 20 Aug 2001 21:33:18 GMT, hs2...@aol.com (HS2BUD) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: This is now yuppy land
>>From: langkd_...@home.com (Road Glidin' Don)
>>Date: 08/20/2001 5:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>Don wrote;
>>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:39:44 GMT, Don mentions from some loser;

>Christ Don, my lunch came up the first time I read that fucking tripe.

Maybe we should give this 'Donna' gal a guitar and a harmonica and
stand her outside a local record company, so she can get discovered
and enlighten a whole generation, instead of just us misguided types.

Bill Collins

Aug 20, 2001, 7:12:43 PM8/20/01
Lord, I love this place-maybe I'll learn to keep my trap shut so panhead
(Sorrry, that should be in ALL CAPS) won't nail me. I doubt it though -
it's too much fun. I still think it's the best bar north of Daytona Beach.
Have another at my expense.
Bill C.

"Panhead" <Panmy...@intac.com> wrote in message

> Donna, who now goes by the name of Sal, wrote the following like
> an idiot :
> >
> > Yes she knows that i'm useing
> > it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e
started
> > something here------------------how;s tis sentance
> > strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
> > spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take
it
> > out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people
>
> > > Sal
> > >
> > > 78FXE
> > > PHD Master Tech
>
> A doctorate in tech, yet you can't manufacture a sentence?
>
> > > 24Yrs Exp
>
> I have 43 years of experience.
>
> > > AHDRA Mech of the year
>
> I'm sure you believe you do indeed have that honor.
>
> > > 1%er
>
> THAT I believe!
>
> > > HFFH
>
> My sig's bigger than YOUR sig! (neener neener)
>

> Panhead.AHT#49, HSBT#1219, KoB/CoTT205# ,O.14®,
> AR/Y2K CompliantT, TPG/GNT#'76

HS2BUD

Aug 20, 2001, 7:37:05 PM8/20/01
>Subject: Re: This is now yuppy land
>From: langkd_...@home.com (Road Glidin' Don)
>Date: 08/20/2001 6:30 PM Easter

Don wrote;

>Maybe we should give this 'Donna' gal a guitar and a harmonica and
>stand her outside a local record company, so she can get discovered
>and enlighten a whole generation,

Or stand her on a street corner with a "I'll waller for a dollar" sign around
her neck.

Tony D aka "Pecos Bill"
Cyclone

SENS (less)
LFS#38
BS#149

Steve Liggett

Aug 20, 2001, 7:39:44 PM8/20/01
"Donna A." wrote:

> Donna wrote:
> >
> <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
> before that isn't worth repeating>
>
> Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

It wasn't?!?!? Damn, for a minute there I thought I'd succeeded in
destroying every last shred of sensibility and coherence with that
polka tape. Guess I'll just have to try harder next time.

--
Steve Liggett BS#117
'46 Indian Chief

Joe Mama

Aug 20, 2001, 8:01:29 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:12:43 GMT, "Bill Collins" <wcol...@starband.net>
wrote:

> Lord, I love this place-maybe I'll learn to keep my trap shut so panhead
> (Sorrry, that should be in ALL CAPS) won't nail me. I doubt it though -
> it's too much fun.

I don't know about this. Be careful, cuz he's notorious for a free squeeze.

tmgs

Aug 20, 2001, 7:59:44 PM8/20/01
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:05:35 -0700, "Rob" <bbbi...@netzero.net> wrote:

>Donna <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Yes she knows that i'm useing
>> it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e started
>> something here------------------how;s tis sentance
>> strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
>> spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take
>it
>> out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people
>> >

>> > Sal
>> >
>> > 78FXE
>> > PHD Master Tech
>> > 24Yrs Exp
>> > AHDRA Mech of the year
>> > 1%er
>> > HFFH
>> >
>Thanks for waking up this bar Sal, its been a little quiet in here lately.
>Nothing like a good bar fight to get the blood going. Now how about around
>for the house while you tell us why the evo and tc88 is crap. I'm sure your

Hey wait a sec, he said '85 right? wasn't that EVO, why Yes it was!

>24 years of expeience and master tech standing has a wealth of knowledge to
>dazzle us with. You've got the bar's attention, go on.

tmgs

Aug 20, 2001, 8:01:49 PM8/20/01
wrote:

>Lord, I love this place-maybe I'll learn to keep my trap shut so panhead

>(Sorrry, that should be in ALL CAPS) won't nail me. I doubt it though -
>it's too much fun. I still think it's the best bar north of Daytona Beach.

Hell ya found a good bar in Daytona?, damn yer easy ain;t ya <g>

Tom Malmevik

Aug 20, 2001, 8:43:57 PM8/20/01
"Donna A." wrote:

> Donna wrote:
> >
> <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
> before that isn't worth repeating>
>
> Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...
>
> --
> Donna A.
> Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26

Of course not Donna. A Bitch(tm) like you would never bitch like
that...erm...well...you know what I mean....*8-}

--
the GrokDoc
Tom Malmevik

hawgeye

Aug 20, 2001, 9:12:21 PM8/20/01
"ILBCNURICO" wrote...
snipped down to the reality check

> Well Sal glad ta see your still arownd. Some of the folks here although
veiled
> in virtual obscurity are some pretty able riders. I used to avg. 20-25k
miles a
> year and thought of myself as a prety good rider.
> The folks I've had the pleasure of meetimg in the past few months thats a
short
> season. Not many possers, just hard ridin folks. I think you may of
forgoten
> how you got started and some of the questions you had long ago. These
folks
> take the time to teach newbies, like myself, and guys like yourself the
fine
> art of frienship with some biker stuff thown in. Be kind to your neighbor
with
> the gazillion$ for the new bike, he's trying to find the heart you were
born
> with.
>
> Regards
> Rico

BINGO!!!!
Well put Rico.

--
hawgeye
AH#96 BS98 SENS CtNs

hawgeye

Aug 20, 2001, 9:24:09 PM8/20/01
"Panhead" wrote...

> My sig's bigger than YOUR sig! (neener neener)

snip

> 1999 Black-n-Decker Toaster oven
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You yuppie!

Len

Aug 20, 2001, 9:31:31 PM8/20/01
hawgeye wrote:

> "Panhead" wrote...
> > My sig's bigger than YOUR sig! (neener neener)

> > 1999 Black-n-Decker Toaster oven
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> You yuppie!

Fuckin' A! You ain't shit unless you've got a blow torch to toast the
bread. Or at least one of those old toasters that had the little swinging
doors.

--
ASSHOLE #104 Len
BS#90 Wolf#21 PHゥ#3 SENS MANS
'99 FXD '73 XLH http://members.home.net/ah-104

Tracy Smith

Aug 20, 2001, 10:01:27 PM8/20/01

Donna wrote:

> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
> happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
>

> SNIP a bunch of shit

> Sal
>
> 78FXE
> PHD Master Tech

> 24Yrs Exp

> AHDRA Mech of the year

> 1%er
> HFFH

Donna, Donna, DONNA ! Wake up and go home, you have had too much to drink.

Somebody through her ass in the garbage can out back !

Tracy

Ride Harleys and wear golf shirts, must be a golfer wannabe.

George Pollard

Aug 20, 2001, 10:30:18 PM8/20/01
Donna, who really misspelled her name as Sal, wrote:
: Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
: happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
: ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
: patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
: went to

Yeah, if you don't sew the patch to your skin you ain't shit.

-----------yes I,m old school but that's the way I like
: it

I'm new school - I use the hot glue gun (Relax, Pan, it's registered) to
affix my patches. I solder the good ones on.

OK, I'll get out now. Barkeep, set'em up.

George Pollard
Somewhere lost in New Jersey

[...]

George Pollard

Aug 20, 2001, 10:32:07 PM8/20/01
Panhead <Panmy...@intac.com> wrote:

: "Donna A." wrote:
:>
:> Donna wrote:
:> >
:> <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
:> before that isn't worth repeating>
:>
:> Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

: I knew that.
: YOU knew that.
: All with synapse's still conversing with other synapse's in
: their knoggen know that.

: "Donna" doesn't know that.

Hell, "Donna" thinks her name is Sal.

We know who the real Donna is.

George Pollard

RP, NJ

Jim Combs

Aug 20, 2001, 10:57:44 PM8/20/01
Sal wrote:
>Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
>happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
>ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
>patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
>went to--------
[snip]

The crest of the wave ain't for everyone. I'm not one
to follow fashion either, but there's still stuff in
here that I like. It's best not to read it all.
Look for what you want and ignore the rest.

--
Jim Combs / ASSHOLE#34

Red-Haired She-Devil

Aug 20, 2001, 11:23:16 PM8/20/01
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
>happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel
>inject,RKs ect,ect

Ah, so you know EVERYTHING? When someone thinks they're too fucking cool
to ask questions are usually the dumbest posts in the lot.

>Stupid yuppie asshole questions about stupid shit--I have nether
>the time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to
>hang out

So quit bitching like a little girl who didn't get a pony for her birthday
and go fuck yourself already.

RHSD
--
-------------

Red-Haired She-Devil

reply to: shedevilatpoboxdotcom

Curt&Ronda Martin

Aug 21, 2001, 3:25:28 AM8/21/01
Donna wrote:

> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
> happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
> ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
> patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
> went to-----------yes I,m old school but that's the way I like
> it -------------It's just a matter of time before 98% of you new so called

> bikers on your new $20,000000000000000 bikes/ground pounders-or what ever
> you call them----------------------never mind----You guys really don't know
> just how stupid you look out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't
> belong.And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE---That's
> why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people that ride
> them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come
> into my shop like there doing me a favor by letting me put up with there
> asshole i got money attitude--I didn't need your type before you became a
> "BIKER" and I damsure don't need your type now. The people I deal with
> (most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these
> are REAL PEOPLE--The ones that stuck it out when Harley was dieing----You
> people have no clue-----Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
> the Heart----Thought I'd try to help out in this group for some free tech
> advice--but since I've been here--I'm hearing the same shit I get at the
> bar---Stupid yuppie asshole questions about stupid shit--I have nether the

> time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to hang out
>
> Sal
>
> 78FXE
> PHD Master Tech
> 24Yrs Exp
> AHDRA Mech of the year
> 1%er
> HFFH

good for you, fuck off now.

Stretchman

Aug 21, 2001, 6:58:00 AM8/21/01
On 20 Aug 2001 22:05:37 GMT, ilbcn...@aol.com (ILBCNURICO) wrote:

>Well Sal glad ta see your still arownd. Some of the folks here although veiled
>in virtual obscurity are some pretty able riders. I used to avg. 20-25k miles a
>year and thought of myself as a prety good rider.
>The folks I've had the pleasure of meetimg in the past few months thats a short
>season. Not many possers, just hard ridin folks. I think you may of forgoten
>how you got started and some of the questions you had long ago. These folks
>take the time to teach newbies, like myself, and guys like yourself the fine
>art of frienship with some biker stuff thown in. Be kind to your neighbor with
>the gazillion$ for the new bike, he's trying to find the heart you were born
>with.
>
>Regards
>Rico

First, let me say I am not trying to flame anyone. But that is
basically off base for one reason. I would very much like to be able
to go and get a new Harley ( mine was pretitled ) with nothing more
than a gold card ( What's a gold card? ) I also would like to think
that all the years we all spent in the ruts weren't for naught. I
don't think of myself as blue collar anymore, although due to reasons
beyond my control ( I QUIT! ) I am finding myself job challenged.

In other words, I don't want to go around thinking that I am not a
real person anymore because I don't think that hanging around looking
for parts for an older bike is my idea of fun. Some people are into
that shit. I am not.

Used to think that the real meaning of the word poser was someone who
went to work all dressed up in a suit and tie, with long sleeves to
cover his tats, and worked the 9 to 5 to get the big bucks to pay the
bills. If that's what I am, then fine. What I can't say about it. I
got tired of suffering. And for what?

I don't know. Maybe some day I will get a clue. But spending my life
in the white ghetto was never in my game plan. The old days are gone.
And I like the new days better. Sure, there's alot of bs you gotta
take in this world to make it. For people that talk the talk, that
means walking the walk. I don't want to finish last, on the bottom of
the ladder, or on the outside looking in. I can handle it. And every
time it kicks me down, I'm gonna get back up on it again. Best I can.

I think that's alot harder than living on the fringe. And I take alot
of shit for it. Every day. But I'm getting what I want. One piece of
advice. Don't get too far in my way. The heart I was born with I wish
I could lose. I'd probably get alot farther.

Stretch ( 01 FXDXT ) Stealth Hawg
SENS-sational

Donna A.

Aug 21, 2001, 7:28:16 AM8/21/01
Steve Liggett wrote:

> "Donna A." wrote:
> >
> > Donna wrote:
> > >
> > <snip all the lame-assed repetitive crap we've all read umpteen times
> > before that isn't worth repeating>
> >
> > Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...
> >
> It wasn't?!?!? Damn, for a minute there I thought I'd succeeded in
> destroying every last shred of sensibility and coherence with that
> polka tape. Guess I'll just have to try harder next time.

Now, Steve! Don'tcha know that if this other "Donna/Sal" person would
_listen_ to polka it'd *fix* ever problem he/she has???

Silly goose.

--
Donna A.
Wench #17/Bitch #17/BS #26

'95 FLHTCUI Fuel Injected 30th Anniversary Electraglide "Fueley"
'66 H-D Bobcat "Baby Blue"--Harley Hummer Club Member #1066
http://homepage.mac.com/donnaa1

Donna A.

Aug 21, 2001, 7:26:45 AM8/21/01
Greasy, Rider, @, nospam.com wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:12:02 -0500, "Donna A."
> <flhtc...@spam.hotmail.com> scribbled on my phosphur coated screen:

> >Donna wrote:
>
> >Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...
>
> Now Donna, are you *sure* it wasn't you?
>
> Fess up now!

Well, you know, when I first saw it I thought maybe the voices in my head
actually ended up getting transmitted through the keyboard somehow and got
posted on RMH...

;-)

John Stafford

Aug 21, 2001, 8:37:05 AM8/21/01
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:<jlag7.348834$T97.39...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>...

> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
> happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs
> ect,ect--

> [ ... Whack ... ]
> Sal
>
> 78FXE
^^^^^

Dana Taramina

Aug 21, 2001, 9:18:56 AM8/21/01
wrote:

>This USED to be a cool place to hang out

Don't let the door slam you on the ass on your way out.

Dana
Bitch 16 BS 23 BOTY VI ret.
'96 (apparently yuppie bike) FXDS-Conv "Roxie"

Henry H. Hansteen

Aug 21, 2001, 9:29:52 AM8/21/01
Panhead wrote:
> "Donna A." wrote:

> > Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, this wasn't me...

> I knew that.

Wow. Your perception of the obvious is phenomenal, Pinhead...

Lars

Aug 21, 2001, 9:32:21 AM8/21/01
> '96 (apparently yuppie bike) FXDS-Conv "Roxie"

How about my 01 Fat Boy, then ? Must be a poser and a yupie. I've only had
wet dreams about owning one of these since I was a little kid (I recall
telling my mum I was going to do three things when I grew up. 1. Get a
tattoo, 2. Skydive and 3. Get a big, fat, HD - and now I've done them all).

Anyway. I guess I should just shut up and don't ask stupid question. That
way I won't learn shit, be even more of a yuppie since I'll have to take it
to a service station every time I want something done and be a crappy driver
since I can't take it out on the street...;o)

The way I like to see it is this:
1. If it weren't for people buying new bikes, then how would the winers get
to buy used bikes ?
2. If it weren't for those of us with no tech experience, then how would the
techies make their money ?
3. If it weren't for our stupid questions, then how would Donna practice her
swearing and running ? ;o)

I'm damned proud of my little girl, and I don't care what people think of
us. We look good together!

Lars

Jordon

Aug 21, 2001, 9:47:03 AM8/21/01

"Panhead" wrote
> You aren't trying to propose that humans can be "bikers", and
> that "bikers" can indeed be human....are you?

Humans be bikers? Maybe.
Bikers be human? You see any humans in here?

Jordon
BS#2

Panhead

Aug 21, 2001, 9:45:30 AM8/21/01

Are finished eating the mints in the urinal, Cornell?

Donna

Aug 21, 2001, 10:34:46 AM8/21/01

"ILBCNURICO" <ilbcn...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >Yes she knows that i'm useing
> >it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e started
> >something here------------------how;s tis sentance
> >strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
> >spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take
it
> >out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people
> >>

> >> Sal
> >>
> >> 78FXE
> >> PHD Master Tech
> >> 24Yrs Exp
> >> AHDRA Mech of the year
> >> 1%er
> >> HFFH
>
> Well Sal glad ta see your still arownd. Some of the folks here although
veiled
> in virtual obscurity are some pretty able riders. I used to avg. 20-25k
miles a
> year and thought of myself as a prety good rider.
> The folks I've had the pleasure of meetimg in the past few months thats a
short
> season. Not many possers, just hard ridin folks. I think you may of
forgoten
> how you got started and some of the questions you had long ago. These
folks
> take the time to teach newbies, like myself, and guys like yourself the
fine
> art of frienship with some biker stuff thown in. Be kind to your neighbor
with
> the gazillion$ for the new bike, he's trying to find the heart you were
born
> with.
>
> Regards
> Rico

Tooshay

01d...@my.house

Aug 21, 2001, 10:40:09 AM8/21/01
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:34:46 GMT, women fainted and men gasped when
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> casually remarked:

>Tooshay

ditto..now, let's cruise on down to the Starbucks..first round of
latte's on me

;-)

-aki

01 HD Dyna Wide Glide
85 700 Magna (sold)
85 V65 Magna (sold)
86 500 Shadow (sold)
sold! sold! sold!
AMA Lifemember...
DoD#0628...
HOG,MANS

Aspenskyy

Aug 21, 2001, 12:21:57 PM8/21/01
>ditto..now, let's cruise on down to the Starbucks..first round of
>latte's on me

Starbucks? What ever happened to one bourbon, one scotch and one beer?

BTW, isnt the word yuppy from like the eightes? Maybe we should use words like
hipster, mod, rocker or beatnik :)
C. Corder
99 Yamaha R1
01 Suzuki SV650S
99 H-D Sportster

Jinks

Aug 21, 2001, 3:25:01 PM8/21/01
wrote:

>Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would

>happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel inject,RKs

>ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
>patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
>went to-----------yes I,m old school but that's the way I like
>it -------------It's just a matter of time before 98% of you new so called
>bikers on your new $20,000000000000000 bikes/ground pounders-or what ever
>you call them----------------------never mind----You guys really don't know
>just how stupid you look out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't
>belong.And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE---That's
>why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people that ride
>them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come
>into my shop like there doing me a favor by letting me put up with there
>asshole i got money attitude--I didn't need your type before you became a
>"BIKER" and I damsure don't need your type now. The people I deal with
>(most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these
>are REAL PEOPLE--The ones that stuck it out when Harley was dieing----You
>people have no clue-----Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
>the Heart----Thought I'd try to help out in this group for some free tech
>advice--but since I've been here--I'm hearing the same shit I get at the
>bar---Stupid yuppie asshole questions about stupid shit--I have nether the

>time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to hang out

>Sal
>
>78FXE
>PHD Master Tech
>24Yrs Exp
>AHDRA Mech of the year
>1%er
>HFFH

OK, it that's the way you feel "Donna". Thank God my bikes
are just a little too new for your *shop*. Not that there was any
temptation...............

Jinks ('86fxrs,'93fxrs-c)

Rob

Aug 21, 2001, 12:38:26 PM8/21/01

Rob <bbbi...@netzero.net> wrote in message

> Donna <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> > Yes she knows that i'm useing
> > it------------------------------------------WELL--Looks like Iv'e
started
> > something here------------------how;s tis sentance
> > strcutre--------------------glad to see that some people still have some
> > spunk-----------------------and yes I say what I feel----no need to take
> it
> > out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people
> > >

> > > Sal
> > >
> > > 78FXE
> > > PHD Master Tech
> > > 24Yrs Exp
> > > AHDRA Mech of the year
> > > 1%er
> > > HFFH
> > >
> Thanks for waking up this bar Sal, its been a little quiet in here lately.
> Nothing like a good bar fight to get the blood going. Now how about around
> for the house while you tell us why the evo and tc88 is crap. I'm sure
your
> 24 years of expeience and master tech standing has a wealth of knowledge
> dazzle us with. You've got the bar's attention, go on.
>
> Rob
> 86 FLST "Old Faithful"
> > >

> Thanks for waking up this bar Sal, its been a little quiet in here lately.
> Nothing like a good bar fight to get the blood going. Now how about around
> for the house while you tell us why the evo and tc88 is crap. I'm sure
your

> 24 years of expeience and master tech standing has a wealth of knowledge
> dazzle us with. You've got the bar's attention, go on.
>

> Rob
> 86 FLST "Old Faithful"
> > >

> >The Evo & TC88 are not crap,there good solid motors.it's not the bike you
ride,but if you ride a Harley lets face it no matter what year you choose
you are going to have to know a little about troubleshooting.Especially on
the electrics and or the EFI systems---they are all relativity simple if you
take the time to get a manual and READ----My dig is not aimed at who you are
or think you are or the image that you think you are betraing, it's the fact
that most, not all people that buy these new models are in Harley awe.They
think that when they come into my shop after getting all pissed off at the
dealership because they brought it back 4 times for the same thing that I'm
going to put up with there new biker attitude that goes along with that new
bike that has just gone out of warrenty"My bikes idle is up and down and
they fixed it once,but now that I,m out of warrenty they want $250.00 to fix
it"---------GET OVER IT----Thats the way dealers are--most wont even sell or
service your bike unless you buy from them.The point is I guess is THE
PEOPLE THAT RIDE THE OLDER MODELS UNDERSTAND THIS.Thats why you see so many
people fixing there own bike--It's not rocket science,If you don't love your
ride enough to give it that extra attention that a Harley needs(not chrome
polish)then you should not be on one.I guess I have'nt evolved with the
culture and I guess I never will--I understand the comarodery on a Harley,
but when they come in and disrespect me or my place because the dealer or a
bunch of friends that don't know shit got them all wound up about there bike
and feel that they can tell me how to do my job-then Why are they comming to
me----There is truth in the fact that a Harley brings out "something
different" in people.But that dose'nt mean that you can disrespect the
person that you came to for help because you heard that so &so can fix the
prob.There IS a difference between a Motorcyclist and a
Biker----Motorcyclist WHINE--WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA------------------Bikers
understand--------As the saying goes"If I have to explain it ,you would'nt
understand it"-------------and yes my spelling sucks---------SOOOO ON THAT
NOTE---just respect the people that are trying to help you,Especialy the
ones that have been around awhile---Thats all
If someone would like to step up to the bar and have a drink with out the
WAAAAAA---i'd be glad to buy the round

Sal
> > 78FXE
> > > PHD Master Tech
> > > 24Yrs Exp
> > > AHDRA Mech of the year
> > > 1%er
> > > HFFH

I understand your feelings. Years ago I got pissed at the lack of
willingness of most mechanics (dealers and indies) to do the job correctly.
And worse they didn't have the balls to admit they didn't do the job right
and correct their mistakes. This led me to be more active in my own repairs.
A desire to know more and to know the "correct" way led me to attend school
and get certified as a HD Tech. I've never had a desire to go to work for
any shop because I don't want to deal with owners ethics or the customers
complaints about shops practices. I work on bikes part time, I own a another
business to pay the bills. This allows me to pick and chose whose bike I
will work on. I refuse the idiots. All of my customers are people who have
had too many bad experiences at other shops and are looking for integrity
and someone that they can have a working relationship with. This bar like
the rest of the Harley world is a little of both. You have bikers who want
to learn more and others that ask for advice and then don't listen for a
variety of reasons. Do what you do in real life, filter the twits and help
the ones that are willing to take some responsibility for themselves.

Sounds like you let the world get to you today. Relax take a deep breath
next round is on me.

Rob
86 FLST "Old Faithful"
Computer spell check, eighth wonder of my world!

TimDonohoe

Aug 21, 2001, 12:53:13 PM8/21/01
>From: "Rob" bbbi...@netzero.net

>ON THAT
>NOTE---just respect the people that are trying to help you,Especialy the
>ones that have been around awhile---Thats all

I'll drink to that ..... and on that note I owe a few rounds and a lot of thank
yous to the techs who hang around here and take the time to give answers to
"simple" and not so simple troubleshooting/repair questions. Thanks

Rob

Aug 21, 2001, 1:02:26 PM8/21/01

Aspenskyy <aspe...@aol.com> wrote in message

We could use Dot Commer but a large majority of them went broke, pawned
their computer and sold their Harley.

Joe Mama

Aug 21, 2001, 1:03:53 PM8/21/01
On 21 Aug 2001 16:21:57 GMT, aspe...@aol.com (Aspenskyy) wrote:

> BTW, isnt the word yuppy from like the eightes?

It's "yuppie," and yes it was coined through the media around the 80's
to designate the spoiled brat offspring of the well-off middle class
"establishment" genre of the 60's..

> Maybe we should use words like hipster, mod, rocker or beatnik :)

Where are you from, Britain? Over here it was "hippie" during the 60's,
whom the vast majority were teenagers from all phases of society, as
compared to their "beatnik" predecessors of the 50's, who were primarily
young adults, many who were college educated and came from well off
families. In my opinion, hippies were more of a fad, where beatniks were
a lifestyle, though there are remnants of both still in active existence..

-----
-jm
1968 XLCH under construction..

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:

RULE #1: JOE MAMA IS *ALWAYS* RIGHT!!

RULE #2: WHEN JOE MAMA IS WRONG, REFER TO RULE NUMBER ONE!

To return mail no spam, change the reply address to:

"joe mama at rare bird dot net"

Bob La Londe

Aug 21, 2001, 1:41:11 PM8/21/01
Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I don't
think I got a thread that long.

RADRick

Aug 21, 2001, 1:57:50 PM8/21/01

Donna, in addition to not knowing how to trim posts, wrote in message

> > >The Evo & TC88 are not crap,there good solid motors.it's not the bike
you
> ride,but if you ride a Harley lets face it no matter what year you choose
> you are going to have to know a little about troubleshooting.Especially on
> the electrics and or the EFI systems---they are all relativity simple if
you
> take the time to get a manual and READ----
>The point is I guess is THE
> PEOPLE THAT RIDE THE OLDER MODELS UNDERSTAND THIS.Thats why you see so
many
> people fixing there own bike--It's not rocket science,If you don't love
your
> ride enough to give it that extra attention that a Harley needs(not chrome
> polish)then you should not be on one.

Excuse me, but when did the desire to enjoy the freedom of riding *any*
motorcycle become contingent on having the ability to repair one? What kind
of screwed up logic is that? That's like saying to own a house you first
have to know how to build one. Man, you are sure one screwed up elitist snob
if you think that others have to conform to your idea of what a biker is in
order to qualify a to own a motorcycle. Having owned my own shop I know of
the kind of customers you are referring to, but I never thought less of one
becasue of his lack of mechanical knowledge. Shit, if everyone knew how to
fix their own bike, who would be left to keep you in business?

>I guess I have'nt evolved with the
> culture and I guess I never will--I understand the comarodery on a Harley,
> but when they come in and disrespect me or my place because the dealer or
> bunch of friends that don't know shit got them all wound up about there
bike
> and feel that they can tell me how to do my job-then Why are they comming
> me----

Apparently, you are in business for the wrong reasons. Successful business
owners recognize that commerce is their main function. You appear to be
looking for a mutual admiration society or hero worshippers. When I was
wrenching I truly enjoyed the feeling of a job well done and the grateful
manner in which my customers paid me for doing it. Sure, there were some
aggravating ones who didn't know shit from shinola, but they were still
customers and I treated them that way. When I was really busy I could pick
and choose who to work for, but I was never rude or condescending in sending
them away. The day would come when I would indeed need their business again.

>There is truth in the fact that a Harley brings out "something
> different" in people.But that dose'nt mean that you can disrespect the
> person that you came to for help because you heard that so &so can fix the
> prob.

It all depends on what you consider to be disrespect. From what I've read,
you seem to think customers should come in and beg you to work on their
bikes because you are such an esteemed Real Biker (TM). I guess if you are
that arrogant you are likely to find disrespect in most anything.

>There IS a difference between a Motorcyclist and a
> Biker----Motorcyclist WHINE--WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA------------------Bikers
> understand--------

Talk about sweeping generalizations!

>As the saying goes"If I have to explain it ,you would'nt
> understand it"-------------

That saying is more marketing than reality. Glad to see you bought into it.

> and yes my spelling sucks---------SOOOO ON THAT
> NOTE---just respect the people that are trying to help you,Especialy the
> ones that have been around awhile---Thats all

Respect is earned and is reciprocal. You should be flattered that someone
would seek out your services, especially after having gone elsewhere first.
Instaed, you hold that against them as if they were an idiot for not coming
to you in the first place. How respectful is that?

> If someone would like to step up to the bar and have a drink with out the
> WAAAAAA---i'd be glad to buy the round

The only WAAAAA I hear is emanating from your corner of the bar. I'll have a
drink anyway, since you're buying. I wouldn't want to disrespect you or
anything. It might get me on the Real Biker (TM) hit list. :^) Later...

--
RADRick...@earthlink.net
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Softailguy

Aug 21, 2001, 2:07:46 PM8/21/01
Well stated...

Doug Hahn
'98 FXSTC

Bob Campbell

Aug 21, 2001, 2:18:26 PM8/21/01
to Curly, Larry, and, M...@aracnet.com

Curly LaJolla wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:50:39 GMT, "Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

I'm  not sure what's worse

DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE

Or dangerous fucks that can't spell, type, punctuate, enunciate (just
a guess), or convey a meaningful thought, in a way that makes it
easily understood by the intended audience. In the grand scheme of
things, I'd say that those that are illiterate, and don't care to take
time, to endeavor to change, are a greater threat to humanity than
clueless riders.

That's just my yuppie scum way of saying bite me.

And does Donna know that you're using her computer to post this
drivel?
--
Curly LaJolla (CLeM) BS#107
93 FLHS Bark-O-Glide "Smooth as a Stratoliner"
www.loscowtones.com
Lose Larry and Moe to email
Oh Curly -- how eloquent!  I was trying to think of the perfect response & you beat me to it!

Thanks
--
Bob Campbell
'97 FLSTC

ThePrncpl

Aug 21, 2001, 2:39:45 PM8/21/01

After reading post after post on this thread I'm having one hell of an identity
crisis. I'll throw the card on the bar and offer drinks for the sage advice of
this learned group. Rode dirt bikes as a kid...went to college, collected a
couple of degrees...ended up in field of education as an administrator. Yep,
means putting on shirt & tie when I go to work. First Harley was a 91
Sporty...rode it, learned on it...sold it....bought a 12-year old Softail. Was
what I could afford. I change it's fluids, done some electrical work on it, but
when I know I'm beyond my wrenching ability I take 'er to a little shop run by
member of the Iron Cross MC. I don't have the disposable income to just walk
into the HD stealership and put on every item of chrome made for the bike. I'll
save up for those new grips, or new pegs, or whatever.
He's where I need the help...can't figure out what I am....yuppie? RUB? biker?
motorcyclist?
Hell...guess I'll skip school...get the old girl out and put it in the wind
whilst I struggle with this.

Gary
'89 FXSTS

Topp

Aug 21, 2001, 2:49:12 PM8/21/01

"Joe Mama" <joe...@prozac.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:16:17 GMT, nos...@home.com (tmgs) wrote:
>
> >> *Real* bikers use kick starters..
>
> > Untill they can't kick em anymore <g>
>
> Fortunately, I ain't there yet..
>

> > <God rides a Panhead>
>
> Huh? I always thought that he rode a Sportster..

Wouldn't that make he, a she, at least in the eyes of big twin riders?

Topp

Clint Pross

Aug 21, 2001, 2:51:52 PM8/21/01
"Lars" <la...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<Fptg7.138938$Xr6.7...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

> > '96 (apparently yuppie bike) FXDS-Conv "Roxie"
>
> How about my 01 Fat Boy, then ? Must be a poser and a yupie. I've only had
> wet dreams about owning one of these since I was a little kid (I recall
> telling my mum I was going to do three things when I grew up. 1. Get a
> tattoo, 2. Skydive and 3. Get a big, fat, HD - and now I've done them all).

Damn, I had exactly the same three things I wanted to do! Got the tat
at 25, went skydiving (skydove?) at 30 and picked up the HD (FLSTF, no
less) at 35. Now all my dreams are for my children...as in dreaming
about the day they're all moved out! :)

> I'm damned proud of my little girl, and I don't care what people think of
> us. We look good together!

You know you do!

Joe Mama

Aug 21, 2001, 2:59:56 PM8/21/01
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:49:12 -0400, "Topp" <Topp...@Starpower.net> wrote:

>>> <God rides a Panhead>

>> Huh? I always thought that he rode a Sportster..

> Wouldn't that make he, a she, at least in the eyes of big twin riders?

HAH! I was wondering if someone would catch this.. ;-)

Clint Pross

Aug 21, 2001, 3:14:58 PM8/21/01
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:<jlag7.348834$T97.39...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>...
> You guys really don't know just how stupid you look out there trying to fit
> in somewhere you don't belong.

> most people that ride them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and
> look cool

> come into my shop like there doing me a favor by letting me put up with there

> asshole i got money attitude

> I didn't need your type before you became a "BIKER" and I damsure don't need
> your type now

> The people I deal with most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the
> older styles

> these are REAL PEOPLE

> You people have no clue

> Stupid yuppie asshole

Hey, what's this big, juicy cricket doing dangling before me? Mmmmm,
cricket...<drool> *chomp*

Donna/Sal/7-of-9/Whoever,

I am so very sorry that I chose to spend my time and money going to
college. I am sorry about the 4 years of eating Raman noodles and
working shit (i.e. food service) jobs to cover the bills. I am even
more sorry that I went back to school while working full-time to earn
an MBA. How utterly bourgeoise of me. I see now the error of my
ways...I am now "The Man"! Oh, if only I had stayed a bus boy how
"real" my life could be...so unlike this sham of an existence that I
have chosen. Thanks for setting me straight! Now where do I trade my
HD in for a bimmer and a golf cart?

Oh, BTW, your customers ARE doing you a favor when they bring you
their business. Or do you need a college degree to figure that out?

Here's a link you might enjoy...

http://www.theonion.com/onion3726/fast_food_purchase.html

;-)

Topp

Aug 21, 2001, 3:21:27 PM8/21/01

> >> Huh? I always thought that he rode a Sportster..
>
> > Wouldn't that make he, a she, at least in the eyes of big twin riders?
>
> HAH! I was wondering if someone would catch this.. ;-)

I did have to do a double take to make sure I was right....

Red-Haired She-Devil

Aug 21, 2001, 3:51:50 PM8/21/01
"Bob La Londe" <alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I
>don't think I got a thread that long.

Not even wintertime and you're this bored, eh?

RHSD

--
-------------

Red-Haired She-Devil

reply to: shedevilatpoboxdotcom

David Thorpe

Aug 21, 2001, 3:57:08 PM8/21/01
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:41:11 GMT, "Bob La Londe"
<alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I don't
>think I got a thread that long.

Yep, really sumpin to be proud of. What a maroon.
David Thorpe BNS
'01 FLTRI "Rosa" Stage I PCII
www.redhawg.com
Get the FAQs at www.bamph.com/rmh/

Curly Larry and

Aug 21, 2001, 6:16:42 PM8/21/01
<alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I don't
>think I got a thread that long.

I hope you're not saying that this nimrod was you...

Bob La Londe

Aug 21, 2001, 7:26:31 PM8/21/01
Nope, I'm a rider.... I was just amazed at the number of responses to the
troll. Sure there have been longer threads behind a cast, but not in a while.

Besides I use my real name when I get pissed and vent.

<Curly Larry and M...@aracnet.com (Curly LaJolla)> wrote in message

Bob La Londe

Aug 21, 2001, 7:27:47 PM8/21/01

Red-Haired She-Devil <shedevilD...@pobox.com> wrote in message

> "Bob La Londe" <alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I
> >don't think I got a thread that long.
>
> Not even wintertime and you're this bored, eh?

Here in Yuma, Az this is our winter time. 110F and 50% humidity. Yuck. Only
fit to ride at night. Yeah I rode when it was hotter, but hat doesn't mean I
like it.

Bob La Londe

Aug 21, 2001, 7:28:49 PM8/21/01

David Thorpe <dt4...@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:41:11 GMT, "Bob La Londe"
> <alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Got all the regulars to respond. Even when I pissed everybody off I don't
> >think I got a thread that long.
> >
> Yep, really sumpin to be proud of. What a maroon.

As much maroon as I see around these days I just might make it my favorite
color. :)

Bob La Londe

Aug 21, 2001, 8:20:51 PM8/21/01

> Oh, BTW, your customers ARE doing you a favor when they bring you
> their business. Or do you need a college degree to figure that out?

What business are you in. So few businesses really remember that these days.

Red-Haired She-Devil

Aug 21, 2001, 8:28:38 PM8/21/01
"Bob La Londe" <alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Here in Yuma, Az this is our winter time. 110F and 50% humidity. Yuck.
> Only fit to ride at night.

Riding in the desert at night is quite a bit of fun, tho. Beautiful.

> Yeah I rode when it was hotter, but hat
>doesn't mean I like it.

No, riding when it's that hot is absolutely putrid.

Clint Pross

Aug 22, 2001, 1:48:37 AM8/22/01

"Bob La Londe" <alarm_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, I am biased. My customers pay me to tell them obvious crap like that.
Go figure! Of course, they could get the same advice from a 1000 other guys
(or even Dear Abbey for that matter) so, yes, they are doing me a favor by
paying me to remind them that their customers are doing them a favor.

And people wonder what's wrong with the world today. Or is that just me?

Hoppy's Place

Aug 22, 2001, 12:20:26 PM8/22/01
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
> happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel
inject,RKs

> Sal

You tell 'em Donna!

Or Sally.

Or whoever the hell you are.
--
Hoppy
BS#7 AH#85 SENS

Hoppy's Place

Aug 22, 2001, 12:24:11 PM8/22/01

"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> and yes I say what I feel----no need to take it
> out on my ol lady she thinks pretty much the same as you people
> >

> > Sal
> >
> > 78FXE
> > PHD Master Tech
> > 24Yrs Exp
> > AHDRA Mech of the year
> > 1%er
> > HFFH

Go figure.

Wideglide35

Aug 22, 2001, 1:19:41 PM8/22/01
>Donna wrote:
>>
>> Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would
>> happen--all these really stupid questions about all your new fuel
>inject,RKs
>> ect,ect--you should ask the asshole that sewed on your brand new Harley
>> patch on that new biker jacket you got at that real cool biker party you
>> went to-----------yes I,m old school but that's the way I like
>> it -------------It's just a matter of time before 98% of you new so called
>> bikers on your new $20,000000000000000 bikes/ground pounders-or what ever
>> you call them----------------------never mind----You guys really don't know

>> just how stupid you look out there trying to fit in somewhere you don't
>> belong.And besides most of you are DANGEROUS FUCKS THAT CAN`T RIDE---That's
>> why I'll only take in bikes older than 85---because--most people that ride
>> them are REAL--- NOT SOME PLASTIC RUB trying to be and look cool and come

>> into my shop like there doing me a favor by letting me put up with there
>> asshole i got money attitude--I didn't need your type before you became a
>> "BIKER" and I damsure don't need your type now. The people I deal with
>> (most) usually can't afford or just want to ride the older styles---these
>> are REAL PEOPLE--The ones that stuck it out when Harley was dieing----You
>> people have no clue-----Being a BIKER is a state of mind and it comes from
>> the Heart----Thought I'd try to help out in this group for some free tech
>> advice--but since I've been here--I'm hearing the same shit I get at the
>> bar---Stupid yuppie asshole questions about stupid shit--I have nether the
>> time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to hang out
>>
>> Sal
>>
>> 78FXE
>> PHD Master Tech
>> 24Yrs Exp
>> AHDRA Mech of the year
>> 1%er
>> HFFH

I dont see a problem with someone who works their ass off to buy a bike they
have been dreaming of owning since they were kids.

Donna

Aug 22, 2001, 1:21:22 PM8/22/01

> I understand your feelings. Years ago I got pissed at the lack of
> willingness of most mechanics (dealers and indies) to do the job
correctly.
> And worse they didn't have the balls to admit they didn't do the job right
> and correct their mistakes. This led me to be more active in my own
repairs.
> A desire to know more and to know the "correct" way led me to attend
school
> and get certified as a HD Tech. I've never had a desire to go to work for
> any shop because I don't want to deal with owners ethics or the customers
> complaints about shops practices. I work on bikes part time, I own a
another
> business to pay the bills. This allows me to pick and chose whose bike I
> will work on. I refuse the idiots. All of my customers are people who
have
> had too many bad experiences at other shops and are looking for integrity
> and someone that they can have a working relationship with. This bar like
> the rest of the Harley world is a little of both. You have bikers who
want
> to learn more and others that ask for advice and then don't listen for a
> variety of reasons. Do what you do in real life, filter the twits and help
> the ones that are willing to take some responsibility for themselves.
>
> Sounds like you let the world get to you today. Relax take a deep breath
> next round is on me.

> Rob
> 86 FLST "Old Faithful"

> Computer spell check, eighth wonder of my world!
>
> OK----I get your point and the parallels are defentily there, and Yes I
had a REALLY bad week.My only source of income comes from the mc shop--and I
NEVER send someone away when they come in mad or pissed off. I try to do my
best to explain the situation--I also never charge for advice or a quick fix
that can de done in a few minits. I think it's time for a vacation!!! Now
hoping to put an end to this threed, Isay," Rob thanks for the input and to
all who voiced there opinion---sometimes you have to shake things up a bit
to get to the core,and this place seem to be the place to do it,because
there are a lot of people with all different perspectives on the
subject--The purpose was not to down grade anyone for who they are or what
they ride or how much money someone has.Thru in something that I knew would
get a lot of responses and comments and FOADs.After reading everyone's
doing the same thing for so long.May do what your doing--make it a side
thing now--but anyway I'm taking a vacation---------EVERYONE that responded
good or bad------- Thanks----- The Bar Is On Me All Night

Donna

Aug 22, 2001, 1:30:35 PM8/22/01

> I dont see a problem with someone who works their ass off to buy a bike
they
> have been dreaming of owning since they were kids.
>

> Me either

Donna

Aug 22, 2001, 1:43:31 PM8/22/01

> Hey, what's this big, juicy cricket doing dangling before me? Mmmmm,
> cricket...<drool> *chomp*
>
> Donna/Sal/7-of-9/Whoever,
>
> I am so very sorry that I chose to spend my time and money going to
> college. I am sorry about the 4 years of eating Raman noodles and
> working shit (i.e. food service) jobs to cover the bills. I am even
> more sorry that I went back to school while working full-time to earn
> an MBA. How utterly bourgeoise of me. I see now the error of my
> ways...I am now "The Man"! Oh, if only I had stayed a bus boy how
> "real" my life could be...so unlike this sham of an existence that I
> have chosen. Thanks for setting me straight! Now where do I trade my
> HD in for a bimmer and a golf cart?
>
> Oh, BTW, your customers ARE doing you a favor when they bring you
> their business. Or do you need a college degree to figure that out?
>
> Here's a link you might enjoy...
>
> http://www.theonion.com/onion3726/fast_food_purchase.html
>
> ;-)

Just Read the last few post from me----more power to ya,I have all the
college I feel I need with an AS in Business Mangt.

Sal
78 FXE
PHD Master Tech
24YRs Exp
1%
HFFH

Rob

Aug 22, 2001, 1:59:12 PM8/22/01

Donna <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

Snip my words of ? wisdom?>

Yeah vacations never hurt, do it while the weather is at it's peak. What
section of the US you located?

Thanks for the brew.

Clint Pross

Aug 22, 2001, 4:40:24 PM8/22/01

> Just Read the last few post from me----more power to ya,I have all the
> college I feel I need with an AS in Business Mangt.

I did and yer a true gent. Nothing wrong with blowing steam, that's for
sure and I appreciate the way you do business. I've screwed up more than a
few bike projects by getting in WAY over my head and our local wrench has
the same attitude about not charging for the little things, which of course
means I bring him all my big things for which, sadly, he still feels okay
about charging me. :-)

TW

Aug 22, 2001, 6:52:51 PM8/22/01

MANDKIM wrote:

<snip>

> >Been lurking here for awhile---------------Man, I knew this would

> >time nor the patients to be here -This USED to be a cool place to hang out
> >

> >Sal
> >
> >78FXE
> >PHD Master Tech
> >24Yrs Exp
> >AHDRA Mech of the year
> >1%er
> >HFFH
>

> You forgot to put...."Goodbye cruel world, I will be here no longer to kick".
>
> Stone

Also forgot to tell it to not let the door hit it in the ass on the way
out...hehehe
TW

Nu_HD_Rider

Aug 22, 2001, 9:25:35 PM8/22/01
"Donna" <dma...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:<mSRg7.360745$T97.40...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>...

> > OK----I get your point and the parallels are defentily there, and Yes I
> had a REALLY bad week.My only source of income comes from the mc shop--

snip
Well I for one are glad you hung around..

> doing the same thing for so long.May do what your doing--make it a side
> thing now--but anyway I'm taking a vacation---------EVERYONE that responded
> good or bad------- Thanks----- The Bar Is On Me All Night
>
> Sal
> 78FXE
> PHD Master Tech
> 24Yrs Exp
> AHDRA Mech of the year
> 1%er
> HFFH

Sal, being a new harley owner I personally do want to learn more
about bikes. Times have changed and so have the bikes but only
from mistakes of the past can things be reconciled.

I, personally hope you hang around I am sure you will have a
wealth of valueable input for new and old riders alike.

I have only posted a few times and have gotten both flames
and valid responses.. The reponses I listen to, the flames
I laugh at.. (here come some more). Bring it on.. :-)
I need the humor..

but it won't change my desire to ride..
That does come from the heart..

Just my 2 cents