Powerbands ...again

Spodely

Aug 2, 2011, 12:11:35 AM8/2/11
My brother is shopping around for a bigger, better bike. He'll most
likely be on one of mine, but that's another story. He searches
craigslist and comes upon a GasGas 200 for a great price. He calls
the guy and during the beginning of the conversation, he's already
talked him down $200. Then the seller goes on to say that he's never
raced it. But, he then says he rode in a few harescrambles and really
got to test the powerband.

Bro: I thought you didn't race it
Seller: well, yeah. Maybe a few times. But, a harescamble, not a
motocross.
Bro: What about the maintenance.
Seller: Brakes, tires, oil changes, regular stuff, every 3,000 miles.
Bro: um... OK.
Seller: You need to really come ride it. Once the powerband kicks
on, it's like a supercharger.
Bro: Which one is it? Do you know which color powerband you have in
there?
Seller: I don't know. I never changed that.
Bro: Do you have any extras?
Seller: No, no extras. But there's a GasGas dealer close who sells
them.

Needless to say, he didn't go look at it. So, since I have three of
them and obviously can't ride all of them... not at one time
anyway... I'm bringing another GasGas rider into the club. He's
already ridden the 300 a couple weekends ago and came back with a huge
grin.

I love being an enabler. He'll step up to the 300 and his 13 year old
daughter is moving up to his "old" bike, CRF230 (I think, maybe the
250. Electric start plush machine).

We also work at the same place now, same shift, same days off. I've
got a riding buddy again. I mean, not that Aura isn't. A faster,
tight woods kinda stuff riding buddy.

Spodely

Joe Rooney

Aug 2, 2011, 3:27:52 AM8/2/11

I'm thinking I got to call the authorities about this effing and
persistent collection of pushers. The new drug commonly in the vernacular
called Gas Gas has replaced Yamahoppy and HelpmerHonda as the addicted's
new choice.

Where are the heart warming tales of bringing the life-saving pooch back
from the perils of Iraq? Or even repatriating a clapped out Moped?

We get pushers.

Joe XT225 GD&R

DogDiesel

Aug 3, 2011, 10:25:21 PM8/3/11

Wait a minute. Is this part of the conversation a joke. Or how u check
out if a guy knows what hes talking about.

> Seller: You need to really come ride it. Once the powerband kicks
> on, it's like a supercharger.
> Bro: Which one is it? Do you know which color powerband you have in
> there?
> Seller: I don't know. I never changed that.
> Bro: Do you have any extras?
> Seller: No, no extras. But there's a GasGas dealer close who sells
> them.

Diesel.

The Real Bev

Aug 3, 2011, 11:09:53 PM8/3/11
On 08/03/11 19:25, DogDiesel wrote:

> Wait a minute. Is this part of the conversation a joke. Or how u check
> out if a guy knows what hes talking about.

Both.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your name

Aug 6, 2011, 8:29:03 AM8/6/11
"DogDiesel" <nos...@nospam.none> wrote in

> Wait a minute. Is this part of the conversation a joke. Or how u
> check out if a guy knows what hes talking about.

No, this was not a joke. This guy was very serious about what he thought
he knew. For this topic, we don't need to check out if he knows what he is
talking about. He doesn't. However, I will be happy to sell you some
powerbands if you want and/or need any.

>> Seller: You need to really come ride it. Once the powerband kicks
>> on, it's like a supercharger.
>> Bro: Which one is it? Do you know which color powerband you have in
>> there?
>> Seller: I don't know. I never changed that.
>> Bro: Do you have any extras?
>> Seller: No, no extras. But there's a GasGas dealer close who sells
>> them.
>>

> Diesel.

Spodely
Testing the new "eternal" connection

XR650L_Dave

Aug 10, 2011, 8:47:05 AM8/10/11

Hey, that sig line-

"
"We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala,
it's difficult to tell from 10,000 feet." -- Anon.
"

Pretty sure it's from a Tom Clancy novel...

Dave

The Real Bev

Aug 10, 2011, 6:36:50 PM8/10/11
On 08/10/11 05:47, XR650L_Dave wrote:

> On Aug 3, 11:09 pm, The Real Bev<bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Cheers, Bev
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> "We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala,
>> it's difficult to tell from 10,000 feet." -- Anon.
>
> Hey, that sig line-
>

> Pretty sure it's from a Tom Clancy novel...

He probably stole it from me! I can't remember who I stole it from, but
I think it was before he wrote about south/central America.

I really liked Red October and some of the later ones, especially after
I learned to skip the long weapons porn stuff. The guys I worked with
(former military persons) really ate it up, though. His stuff has
gotten less and less good as time goes on, and I flatly refuse to even
think about reading any of his 'collaborations'.

Writers should know when to stop. Patricia Cornwell is another one
who's gone downhill way too fast. Some writer said about some other
writer "That's not writing, that's typing." He was more correct than he
knew!

--
Cheers, Bev
"We need to cut more slack for the stupid; after all, somebody has

Wudsracer

Aug 14, 2011, 9:19:40 PM8/14/11
John,
Congratulations on the riding buddy! It sounds good. Where are
you working, now?

BTW... WTG on the enabler thing. It is good to see you pass it
on. I love it.

On the powerband thing.... Anyone interested, look here:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Wudsracer/BrownPowerband.jpg

Good Riding and Enabling (instigating)!
Jim
PS. Eternal September works well with Agent to bring me rmd.

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 12:29:03 +0000 (UTC), Your name <mye...@nope.com>
wrote:

Wudsracer/Jim Cook
Smackover Racing
'06 Gas Gas DE300
'82 Husqvarna XC250
Team LAGNAF
"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid
the consequences of avoiding reality."