Motoracer 2 demo

corny

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
I just downloaded the motoracer 2 demo from www.pcgamer.com ... this
game is awesome :)

When you race, you can go to replay and it is just like watching a mx
race :) heh.. bad thing about it.. for you bandwidth impaired people..
it will take awhile to get... because it is 40 megs :)

But.. it is excellent.. I am gonna buy it when it comes out.... puts the
first one to shame... you can switch boards to dark, foggy, snowy,
sunny.. etc.. :) Plus the boards are actually cool.. the one street one
is through a city (1 street, 1 dirt in the demo) and the 1 demo is a
real motocross outdoor track type of deal :)

heh.. the bikes look pretty real too.. although they still have the twin
pipes.. but not the twin silencers anymore :) Also another thing I
noticed that they changed.. is when you fall off your bike.. you can't
rev the bike up while your flying through the air :) Big deal :)

If you have a couple minutes.. go check it out..

corny

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
Oh yea.. if anybody wants to play the first one over TCP/IP

ICQ me :)
#16058205

I will host .. unless you would be a better host (p2 300 with a cable modem)

Or email me at co...@nycap.rr.com or just msg me on efnet "Corny"

heh.. hope to race you :)

Geoffrey Anderson

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
corny <co...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
I must concus with corny, this game rocks... Smooth as glass on my
system, and a ton more fun that the first one. Kudos to the DSI team,
now get it out the door and I will buy it!!!

Geoff
(

XRno1

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
I can't find "motoracer 2" in the list of drive games. I would assume that you
mean "motoracer GP". Anyways, I tried to download motoracer gp and when I
finally finished all that I got were a couple of Wordpad files full of strange
symobols for my trouble. What went wrong? Help!

Scott Wilson

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
XRno1 wrote:

> I can't find "motoracer 2" in the list of drive games.

It's out there. I don't remember the URL but I got it last night. 41
MB...big test drive. Looks good but the demo only has one "jumping"
loop and a street track. You can play 2 people on one screen and set
day/night and sunny/snowy conditions. You can't select bikes on the
demo either. The shadows, reflections, even sun glare as you face the
sun. It's worth buying.

If no one tells you the URL, write me back and I'll look for it. It
should be on all the major gaming sites.

L8r,

Scott
"SpodeKill"
95 Kawasaki KLX-250

*Remove NOSPAM to reply*

Corny

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
www.pcgamer.com has it..

Dredwolf

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
What are the system requirements?

Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
(overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
would meet the needs.
John W. Peeler "Dredwolf"
Two Harley Sportsters, 1996 KingQuad
1997 XR400R (Woods Cruiser)
1998 KTM 300 MXC
Special Thanks to: Robert Neeley & Neeley Racing, Inc.
Upstate SC's #1 KTM Dealer! (864)583-3653

Corny

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
That will work really good
I tried it on my p2 300 with 64 megs and it ran flawless..

Scott Wilson

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
to Dredwolf
If the Voodoo2 has good 3d rendering, you should be in good shape.

SCW

jayvan...@teleport.com

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Dredwolf <dred...@aol.com> wrote:
>What are the system requirements?

>Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
>(overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
>would meet the needs.

Unfair advantage! unfair advantage! P133, D3d video card, not sure on the
memory requirements, but my Cyrix 166 and 4 meg Matrox will run it, albeit
a bit jerky..

..Jay

>John W. Peeler "Dredwolf"
>Two Harley Sportsters, 1996 KingQuad
>1997 XR400R (Woods Cruiser)
>1998 KTM 300 MXC
> Special Thanks to: Robert Neeley & Neeley Racing, Inc.
> Upstate SC's #1 KTM Dealer! (864)583-3653

--
Ž°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°

Jay VanValkenberg -- jayvanv @ teleport . com -- remove spaces to email.
"Hardcore ATV'er" (thanks Don!) Honda TRX310R, TRX250X ; Suzuki LT80
-- Homepage coming soon -- Standard Disclaimers --

Ž°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°ŽŽ°Ī*o,ļ_ļ,o*Ī°

MX Tuner

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

>What are the system requirements?

>Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
>(overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
>would meet the needs.

I would think you could do some kind of virtual reality with that
machine.

I heard the Voodoo 2 is "the shit".

12 megs. You suck.

MX Tuner

Scott Aldrich

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
jayvan...@teleport.com wrote:

: Unfair advantage! unfair advantage! P133, D3d video card, not sure on the

: memory requirements, but my Cyrix 166 and 4 meg Matrox will run it, albeit
: a bit jerky..

Which Matrox have you got? We tried a Millenium II and we couldn't
get it to run. It would just lock up the system. I'm going to try my
Mystique later.

--
Scott Aldrich 98 DR350SE / 85 CR125R / 74 DT125

jayvan...@teleport.com

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Scott Aldrich <sco...@sr.hp.com> wrote:

>Which Matrox have you got? We tried a Millenium II and we couldn't
>get it to run. It would just lock up the system. I'm going to try my
>Mystique later.

I have one of the early Mystiques and it works fine (at least on the 4meg
version).

..Jay

>--
> Scott Aldrich 98 DR350SE / 85 CR125R / 74 DT125

MX Tuner

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

>Which Matrox have you got? We tried a Millenium II and we couldn't
>get it to run. It would just lock up the system. I'm going to try my
>Mystique later.

That's what I'm using. The 4 meg Millennium II. It has excellent fluid
motion when I play Moto Racer. I haven't tried the demo for MR 2.

MX Tuner

Ms.Goodwrench

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Dredwolf wrote:

> What are the system requirements?
>
> Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
> (overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
> would meet the needs.
> John W. Peeler "Dredwolf"
> Two Harley Sportsters, 1996 KingQuad
> 1997 XR400R (Woods Cruiser)
> 1998 KTM 300 MXC
> Special Thanks to: Robert Neeley & Neeley Racing, Inc.
> Upstate SC's #1 KTM Dealer! (864)583-3653

It looks great but runs choppy on our P166 w/voodoo graphics, so it
ought to do great on your system.

dave...@shuswap.net

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
In article <35ca35df...@news.mindspring.com>,

mxt...@mindspring.com (MX Tuner) wrote:

> >What are the system requirements?
>
> >Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
> >(overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
> >would meet the needs.
>
> I would think you could do some kind of virtual reality with that
> machine.
>
> I heard the Voodoo 2 is "the shit".
>
> 12 megs. You suck.
>
> MX Tuner

Tuner, if you want one let me know. I am a computer reseller in Canada, I
have 'em in stock and with our dollar being werth about 65 american cents, It
may be a steal! I'm up for swapping too!

David Moen
dave...@shuswap.net
'91 XR600

Dredwolf

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
>I would think you could do some kind of virtual reality with that
>machine.
Unreal was....well....UNREAL!!

>I heard the Voodoo 2 is "the shit".

It most certainly is!

>12 megs. You suck.
Thought that was firmly established when
I bought the 300....

You're WAY faster 'n me in the woods...
You suck.

Plasmatic

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
Hey, I'm in Canada too, Saskatchewan actually. Where abouts are you? If
you are a reseller, I could probably get a good deal on something like a 4MB
or 6MB Voodoo. Maybe even something bigger than my 2GB harddrive. Think
you could get me something cheap? I'm also looking at a color bubblejet and
a scanner. Any good prices?
dave...@shuswap.net wrote in message <6q8rje$k9j$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>In article <35ca35df...@news.mindspring.com>,
> mxt...@mindspring.com (MX Tuner) wrote:
>>
>> >What are the system requirements?
>>
>> >Would like to know if a Pentium 233MMX
>> >(overclocked to 266) w/64mb, 12mbVoodoo2
>> >would meet the needs.
>>
>> I would think you could do some kind of virtual reality with that
>> machine.
>>
>> I heard the Voodoo 2 is "the shit".

Jay C

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
Plasmatic wrote in message <35d21...@news.dlcwest.com>...

>you could get me something cheap? I'm also looking at a color bubblejet
and
>a scanner. Any good prices?

Don't buy a bubblejet. The are pieces of crap. The last bubblejet I had
ended up being thrown into a wall (and expoded into thousands of tiny
pieces) after frusterating the shit out of me one morning with paper
mis-feeds, ink blotching, etc. I bought a cheapo Epson color printer (for
like $60) and it works great. Slow, but reliable.

o_
Jay O\-O
'98 xr400r - '84 mx250lc - '86 xv1100 - '93 klr250