Good order to learn tricks in?

jraggio

Jan 16, 2015, 3:54:22 PM1/16/15
Is there a generally agreed upon list of tricks to learn in a given order? I can do some basics including good 3 ball cascade and OK shower. Some variants including Tennis, Claws, I want to get back into it and was wondering what the next 5 tricks or so to target should be. I have a set of good Dube balls that I bought a while ago.

Thinking of
Slam / Shuffle
531
441
552

A good checklist in order of difficulty of 10 tricks or so would be great.

Thanks,
John

JAG

Jan 16, 2015, 7:07:39 PM1/16/15
Those are all good. There is no agreed upon list. Try everything and practice what interests you. Break the tricks down into component parts. Start with one ball and work your way up.

That said, there are some tricks which are stepping stones to harder tricks, depending on what you want to learn. What do you want to learn?

The book, "Beyond the Cascade" by George Gillson has quite a list with descriptions, although these days most people just go to youtube or juggling.tv

other 3 ball tricks:
reverse cascade
shower box
body throws (under leg, under arm, behind back, etc)
penguins
pirouettes
machine
chops / reverse chops