Taking clubs in carry-on luggage in the U.S.

Madelyn

Feb 2, 2015, 2:37:34 PM2/2/15
Has anyone tried flying recently in the U.S. with juggling clubs in
carry-on luggage.

I'm wondering if I can get clubs through security.

Thanks!

Madelyn Dinnerstein
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Madelyn

Feb 2, 2015, 5:23:20 PM2/2/15

thegoheads

Feb 5, 2015, 3:44:16 PM2/5/15
Madelyn wrote:
> Has anyone tried flying recently in the U.S. with juggling clubs in
> carry-on luggage.
>
> I'm wondering if I can get clubs through security.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Madelyn Dinnerstein
> Pittsburgh, PA, USA

In my experience, it could go either way depending on the airport, and who
is working security. Once I managed to get many clubs through in a
carry-on at an airport in Texas, and we were even passing clubs right by
security and nobody said a word. Then, a week later on the way back home,
same exact airport, made us check our clubs. Said no way no how we could
bring something like that through security. Probably best to play it safe
and check 'em.

This was maybe 5 years ago and not a recent experience. Either way, good
luck! :)

-Steve