Transition into 5 ball reverse cascade?

Moonsilence

Sep 28, 2010, 3:07:48 PM9/28/10
Hi!

I am looking for an easy and safe way to transition from a five ball
cascade into reverse cascade.
So far, I have accomplished this simply by narrowing down my cascade to
near-collision and then abruptly switching to reverse. This method is
risky and rather lame, but unfortunately I am not too creative to think
of more elegant ways.

If you know more than one way to transition, I'd be glad to learn them
from you.

Thanks!

Massacre

Sep 28, 2010, 3:28:47 PM9/28/10

I just go from cascade into reverse cascade without any "secret
transition".
Maybe it will be easier for you to do halfshower and then go into reverse
cascade.

Adam Rowney

Sep 28, 2010, 9:13:17 PM9/28/10

I think you will find most people just go directly into the pattern,
although I suppose you could go into it via an async half shower. I find
getting out f the pattern more difficult than getting in, not sure why.
But I don't practise it much.

Herschel

Sep 29, 2010, 12:43:44 AM9/29/10

Just start in reverse cascade. Tada!

Emman

Sep 29, 2010, 1:54:38 AM9/29/10

I like to get into it with a reverse gattoplex.

Emman

Adam Rowney

Sep 29, 2010, 2:01:12 AM9/29/10

Videeoooooooo please :)
Also with a rewind after :)

Peter Bone

Sep 29, 2010, 4:35:44 AM9/29/10
Moonsilence wrote:

> I am looking for an easy and safe way to transition from a five ball
> cascade into reverse cascade.

I think people generally narrow the pattern slightly and then go into a
reverse 5 ball cascade which is a bit higher than the cascade was to avoid
the collisions.

CamStradeski

Sep 29, 2010, 7:08:06 AM9/29/10
Moonsilence wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am looking for an easy and safe way to transition from a five ball
> cascade into reverse cascade.

3 Up works quite well to get into a reverse cascade, or half shower can
transition into it as well, generally I'll just throw some outsides and go
into it that way

Norbi

Sep 29, 2010, 8:40:37 AM9/29/10
Adam Rowney wrote:

> Emman wrote:
> >
> > I like to get into it with a reverse gattoplex.
> >
> > Emman
>
> Videeoooooooo please :)
> Also with a rewind after :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3VpGMYhUwI

Enjoy.

Adam Rowney

Sep 29, 2010, 10:32:03 AM9/29/10
Norbi wrote:

> Adam Rowney wrote:
> >
> > Emman wrote:
> > >
> > > I like to get into it with a reverse gattoplex.
> > >
> > > Emman
> >
> > Videeoooooooo please :)
> > Also with a rewind after :)
> >

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3VpGMYhUwI
>
> Enjoy.

Mmm, flawless, literally. Such a beautiful and polished routine. Thanks
for the link!

I said to myself, shame, I would have liked to see him surprise the
audience with perhaps 8 or 9 balls after the 7. But I guess at least it
was flawless which is better than attempting 9 and perhaps dropping.

The he did 9 without dropping :)

luct...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2016, 3:48:58 PM1/4/16
Even though this post is 6 years old, maybe someone will still be able to reply. I'm currently learning the 5-ball reverse cascade as well but entering the pattern isn't the problem, it's transitioning back into the normal cascade. I haven't been able to successfully do it once, there are always collisions. Do I need to make any transition throws or should I just keep grinding until I can nail it?