New Sorin Munteanu video

davidcai...@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2009, 12:34:17 PM1/21/09
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5l0ft_sorin-munteanu-juggling-performance_creation

Check it out. You probably won't be disappointed. His ball spinning
is some of the best ever. He puts us young guys (I'm only 39) to
shame. I would guess that he's in his late 50's, early 60's.

David Cain

Kit

Jan 21, 2009, 4:26:01 PM1/21/09
As someone in the audience yelled out "fablisimo". Thanks for posting
that, David. I first met Sorin in 1978 when he was touring with a
circus in Sweden. He is a very "circus" type juggler, something
jugglers seem to be getting away from. When was this filmed?
curious. I was surprised he didn't juggle 7 clubs, when I saw him he
was the complete master of 7. In fact, you will find a photo on him
juggling 7 in my book, "Juggling with Finesse". When I first started
working on 7 clubs myself I wrote to Sorin who gave me some
suggestions. Good to see, thanks again, David.

Adios>>>>>>>>>>>>Kit
http://www.kitsummers.com

davidcai...@hotmail.com

Jan 21, 2009, 4:30:41 PM1/21/09

I have seen 5 videos of him, but none of them have him doing 7 clubs.
I really want to see video of that. I believe that this is a fairly
recent video of him. I have a great video of him back in his peak
years and his ball spinning was even better than in this video.

peter pen

Jan 22, 2009, 1:53:34 AM1/22/09
wow.
he is so great. thanks for showing that David.
for so long, all we ever knew about this guy were the stories, and some
photos.
it is great to see him move, and do his thing in front of an audience.
i remember the shot in jugglers world of him doing five big balls while
bouncing one on his head.
it seemed impossible to start, or stop, or do. but there he goes.

one of the things i love about juggling is it is so damn fair.
gravity treats everyone just exactly the same, for better or worse.
but this guy seems to have a special relationship with gravity, like he
has a magic power to keep
things in the air above him. of course, he was born into it, and worked
hard to develop it.
what kind of balls do you think he uses?
they seem to be medium sized rubber balls, not too heavy.
perfectly balanced for spinning.
where do you find such a thing?
cheers,
panic

MarcKaplan

Jan 22, 2009, 4:53:24 AM1/22/09
thx very much for sharing that , i really enjoyed that one .

i like these art of juggling so much

greets marc

Nathan Hoover

Jan 22, 2009, 4:11:24 PM1/22/09
"Kit" <kitsu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Nice video! I liked the boomarang 720s around 8:00. And the boomarang to
head catch at 11:00.

The video says it was recorded 28 May 2008 in Germany.

Some more info on him:
http://www.impactevents.org.uk/Great_Artists/sorin_munteanu.php?b=ia&l=eng&bt=4

---Nathan

davidcai...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 2009, 6:52:44 PM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 4:11 pm, "Nathan Hoover" <uninat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Kit" <kitsumm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Some more info on him:http://www.impactevents.org.uk/Great_Artists/sorin_munteanu.php?b=ia&...
>
> ---Nathan

You could also just go to his website:
http://www.sorin-munteanu.de
Check out some of the pictures he has one there. 7 clubs while doing
a pole balance and spinning two rings on his leg! Lots of other cool
stuff. This is my kind of juggler (clubs, ball spinning, and
boomerangs are my three favorite types of juggling of late). Good
stuff, but I still want to see video of his 7 clubs.

David Cain

The Void

Jan 22, 2009, 6:59:32 PM1/22/09
Nathan Hoover wrote:
> The video says it was recorded 28 May 2008 in Germany.

I don't believe that for a moment. That was the upload date, I think. That
video has clearly been captured from VHS, and I don't think he looks as
old as David does[1]. This clip is from 3 different performances, two in
the same venue. The use of the U2 version of the Mission Impossible theme
in the last one dates it to post '96. I'd guess these videos are all from
the 90s.

Anyway, it was great to watch, so thanks for posting, David.

The Void
Seizing the neck

[1] I mean, as David thinks he does... ;-)

The Void

Jan 22, 2009, 7:08:31 PM1/22/09

PS for those that haven't seen it, there's another video of Sorin here:
http://www.juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=9a3002ce38bbe070ec3f

The Void
Writing "Sorin Munteanu " so that it shows up green....

davidcai...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 2009, 7:12:14 PM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 6:59 pm, v...@youcanfindme.ifyouwant.nospam.com (The Void)
wrote:

I was estimating how old he is, not how old he appears in the video.
If he was doing 7 clubs in 1975 and we guess that he was 20 years old,
that would make him 54. He may have been older or younger than that
at that time, but that seems a reasonable starting point. Perhaps I
should have done the math when I made the earlier statement, but he's
still doing great stuff for someone in his mid fifties.

The Void

Jan 22, 2009, 7:13:51 PM1/22/09
The Void wrote:
> Writing "Sorin Munteanu " so that it shows up green....

and missing the first space. D'oh!
Sorin Munteanu

The Void
Plonker

Emman

Jan 22, 2009, 7:21:28 PM1/22/09

There's a picture of him with 7 big balls, do you think (or know) it's a 7
balls cascade, 6 with a headbounce or, unlikely, 5 with a double
headbounce?

I can't really tell from the picture.

Emman

GLF00

Jan 22, 2009, 7:26:53 PM1/22/09
I only watched the ball spinning stuff - I have to say it was very
impressive. The headbounce to kickup to stack was great, to mention one
thing. Another thing I liked was the "attitude" if you will. So often,
"circus type jugglers" seem to acknowledge the audience in the same old
way, whereas he had his own flair.

Glen Luke (preparing to be flamed for the comment about circus type
juggler... :D)

davidcai...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 2009, 8:45:04 PM1/22/09
On Jan 22, 7:26 pm, glenlukejugg...@gmail.com.nospam.com (GLF00)
wrote:

The video I have of his act that's not online is crystal clear and has
even better ball spinning stuff. He's the man.
David Cain

Jack Kalvan

Jun 21, 2012, 8:28:36 PM6/21/12
Posted by michelle black (szombati-urban) on CircuSpace on June 21, 2012

It is with a very heavy heart that I share the sad news that Romanian Juggler extraordinaire, Sorin Munteanu has passed away in Germany yesterday June 21st after a long battle with a cancerous tumour. My heart goes out to his partner of 30 years, Kyra and I like many others share many happy memories of times spent together with them. Sorin will be juggling up in heaven with all our other dear departed circus friends...God bless Kyra with strength and peace at this difficult time...the circus world has lost an amazing talent and a wonderful person. He will be remembered always.

You can visit Michelle's blog page by stopping by her page on CircuSpace.

Visit CircuSpace at: http://www.circuspace.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

Jack Kalvan

Jun 21, 2012, 8:50:43 PM6/21/12

DavidCain

Jun 21, 2012, 9:44:25 PM6/21/12
Very sad news. I loved his work with boomerangs, ball spinning, clubs, and combo tricks. When I get off the road, I'll try to post an amazing video I have of him online. He was a very under appreciated talent.

David Cain