Your worst juggling injury?

Liam

Jan 17, 2003, 2:21:00 PM1/17/03
I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are, fire equipment and
diabolos, devil sticks etc. included. There're bound to be some
cringe-worthy stories out there!

Liam

Steven Ragatz

Jan 17, 2003, 2:32:55 PM1/17/03
"Liam" <joeb...@hotmail.fake.com> wrote in message

> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are...

Worst injury? After reading rec.jugglers sharing five club pirouettes
stories, it would have to be my crippled self-esteem.

Steve

Paulm

Jan 17, 2003, 3:16:03 PM1/17/03
Club hit me in the nose, spun round hit me in the nads, much pain.

Paul

Little Paul

Jan 17, 2003, 3:29:20 PM1/17/03
Liam wrote:
> I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are,

JAG used to have a huge list of juggling accidents.

unfortunately JAG's site is no more :-(
fortunately the internet archive has a copy! :-)
http://web.archive.org/web/19990428172712/users.deltanet.com/~juggler/accident.html

(Caution, link may wrap and I can't be bothered to tinyurl it :-)

However I have over the years, bruised myself badly with all manner of
props, set fire to both clothing and hair, given myself rope burns with
diabololo string

Yet odly enough I never hurt myself on the Flaming RolaBola of death.

-Paul

Scott Kurland

Jan 17, 2003, 3:39:24 PM1/17/03

Oh, this thread again. Fun!

I shot someone in the naked foot with a bowling ball rola bola, smacked
someone in the testicles pass bouncing silicones, nearly killed a bystander
maybe a hundred feet away during a game of combat, ducked a club and let it
smack into the face of the pretty girl I was talking to, making her cry, got
people to bleed trying to learn the spinning aerial balisong opening, shot
Christa repeatedly with my unicycle, killed two squirrels with my unicycle,
scared Diva with my unicycle badly enough to send her running and crying to
hide in the bushes...

No injuries for me, of course; I'm the evil kind of clumsy.

Probably the worst one was when poor Emily was raving about how much fun
juggling club - her first time! - was to me and how many tricks she'd
learned in 2 hours (15!) when my spider sense tingled and I flinched
sideways and the club that would have hit my thickly muscled back and done
nothing instead smacked Emily in the nose and made her cry. She never came
back, and she was the most talented beginner I've ever seen - after her
first half hour guys were competing to be the one to teach her a prop. She
walked in knowing 3 and 40 with balls and in two hours learned: rings,
clubs, meteor, poi, 4, reverse cascade, both half showers, both... Nathan,
stop me; what I'm remembering her learning no one could have learned in two
hours. You remember the list? Anyway, my point is: Oops.

--
Success is goals.
--Lloyd Conant

funksouljuggler

Jan 17, 2003, 5:00:59 PM1/17/03
> I hit myself in the eye with one of my beanbags today. While I was
practicing backcrosses. But even with one eye, I managed to pull it
anyway...So it was well worth it. I guess it was just a lack of practice...
Cheers
-funksouljuggler-

Bfahs

Jan 17, 2003, 5:08:29 PM1/17/03
>> I thought it would be interesting
>> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are,

I think we went throught this about 6 months back.

At arround 15 or 16, I was showing off juggling a hatchet on a boyscout
campout. Needless to say, one poor catch later and I had a nice 2" gash in the
palm of my hand.

At a game of combat at some convention in the mid 90s, I hit my competitors
club that went about 50 feet from the playing area and pefectly hit some poor
person in the neck.

At about 17, I was playing arround with a set of Stacking Chairs (wooden chairs
meant to stack and climb) I was standing 8-10 feet up in the air when a chair
near the bottom broke, I fell straight down and landed with 1 foot on either
side of the back of the base chair. I was very lucky I didn't break my
tailbone.

However, probably my "worst" injury was I broke the little toe on one of my
feet while unicycling across campus at Virginia Tech on the way to a juggling
club meeting. I was unicycling along when I spotted an attractive co-ed. I was
watching her when I veered a little to the left of the path and sandwiched my
little toe ( I was wearing sandles) between the pedal and a metal fence post.
It took about 10 years for this to stop aching when the weather changes. I
figure I've probably got 10 more years until the arthritis sets in.

Brian Fahs
Aurora, IL

Jay Linn

Jan 17, 2003, 6:15:46 PM1/17/03
"Liam" <joeb...@hotmail.fake.com> wrote in message
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are ...

Bristol, years ago. The big toss-up in the games. Jumbo diabolo.
Head. Blood.

Enough said.

I also refer you to this thread from a couple of years ago :-

http://www.jugglingdb.com//news/article.php?id=<99368k$tbq$1...@news8.svr.pol.c
o.uk

--
Jay Linn

My dog is a recovering alcoholic.

mini mansell

Jan 17, 2003, 6:41:27 PM1/17/03
Manchester BUCK

Gladiators at 4:30 on a saturday afternoon.

club in the face, broken spectacles

running BLIND through manchester city centre to find a 1 hour opticians.

found one that could make me a new pair of specs.

1 hr later. sorted.

worst juggling injury Ł180 for the specs

plus i missed the busses back to the convention site and ended up paying
for a Taxi

Scott Sorensen

Jan 17, 2003, 9:28:48 PM1/17/03
I burnt a carpeted stage with flaming torches about 10 years back,
does that count?
Funny though, the first time I threw a club in the air I hit myself in
the eye. I wasn't smart enough to take that as a sign to quit.
-Scott

twoscoops

Jan 17, 2003, 11:28:15 PM1/17/03
not exactly a juggle injury. my 8yo son kicked a ball at me while
juggling on my uni and i 'pretended' to fall off. unfortunately my uni
didnt realise that i was messing about and decided that it was a good
time to simulate a shark attack.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=37900558&photoID=37900713&security=SLIqie

i got some shinguards the next day!!!

Jason Kollum

Jan 18, 2003, 1:41:15 AM1/18/03
joeb...@hotmail.fake.com (Liam) wrote in message news:<memo.20030117...@rugrats.compulink.co.uk>...

> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are, fire
equipment and ogin.yahoo.com/config/exit?.src=ym&.lg=us&.intl=us&.dogin.yahoo.com/config/exit?.src=ym&.lg=us&.intl=us&.done=http%3a%2f%2flogin.yahoo.com%2fconfig%2fmail%3f.intl%3dus%26.lg%3dusogin.yahoo.com/config/exit?.src=ym&.lg=us&.intl=us&.done=http%3a%2f%2flogin.yahoo.com%2fconfig%2fmail%3f.intl%3dus%26.lg%3dusone=http%3a%2f%2flogin.yahoo.com%2fconfig%2fmail%3f.intl%3dus%26.lg%3dus

> diabolos, devil sticks etc. included. There're bound to be some
> cringe-worthy stories out there!
>
> Liam

Hmmm, while juggling rings, when I would drop one or several, on
occasion one of the rings would bounce off the floor and right into
my, well you know.

Same with bounce juggling.

I was working on juggling 3 clubs with a ball bouncing on my head and
made a bad throw and the knob of the club hit me directly in the eye.
I still continued working on the trick, and it really didn't hurt
much, but I saw stars and would see a black shadow for days whenever I
moved my eyeball downward.

--------------

I'm at MadFest now, typing this from the lobby in the student union.
Huge turnout tonight. Lots of people flinging stuff and such.

Charlie Peacock was here. Great technical juggling. 5 club cascade
to (6x,4)(4,6x). Solid 5 club backcrosses, club balance while
juggling 4, backcrosses 4 clubs, lets the balanced club fall into 5
club backcrosses.
Great stuff.

~Jason

semach.the.monkey

Jan 18, 2003, 4:10:27 AM1/18/03
"Liam" wrote in message ...
I am sure that there are evil magnets built in to either end of my
clubs. Almost any throw that isn't spot on will end up hitting my body.
But not just any part of my torso. Oh no, they know exactly where my
nipple piercings are, and at what exact angle to strike them to cause
just enough pain to make me yelp. On a few occasions now I have gone
away with bleeding nipples.

On that basis, I'm not going to be attempting alberts or treblas for a
while!

STM

wolfheat

Jan 18, 2003, 4:59:38 AM1/18/03
Some week ago I was juggling clubs and I was about to drop one of them so
I forced the other away and hit the dropping on, which bounce and hit my
nose really bad, that wasnt so nice! But I,m fine now!

Don C

Jan 18, 2003, 11:19:53 AM1/18/03
I have two.
1) While juggling my clubs on my kitchen floor, I decided to take off my
shoes and socks so my feet could stick to the floor (I don't know why...). I
dropped one club directly on my big toe on my left foot, and damn near broke
it. I was writhing in pain for 10 minutes. That was almost the worst pain
I've ever had, except for...
2) While juggling my Pointy Thing of Death (I've explained what this is in
the past) for an audience on the street, I missed a catch with it and made a
gash in my left arm. I started bleeding, and the audience started screaming.
This was on the street, so, while I was in intense pain, I told the audience
that that was the end of the show, and asked someone to go and get me a
first aid kit. The gash was small, but being cut with a jagged screw sure
hurts. 2 minutes later, a man came back with one freakin' band-aid. ONE BAND
AID for a gash the size of my pinky. He figured it was not enough and went
back without me even asking. 1 minute later, I'm bleeding everywhere and he
comes back with a whole first aid kit. I bandage myself up and say thanks.
10 minutes later, I start another show, but in a different place. No one
wants to see you juggled if you're surrounded by blood. Talk about good
showmanship -- I made $20 while bleeding uncontrollably! There were no side
effects, just a small scar on my left forearm.

-Spencer

Josh Sirek

Jan 17, 2003, 11:40:43 PM1/17/03

"Liam" <joeb...@hotmail.fake.com> wrote in message
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye There're bound to be some

> cringe-worthy stories out there!
>
> Liam

hairspray piled onto head + torches = just imagine
of course there was the one time i set my uni wheel on fire (threaded lamp
wick through spokes). looked really kewl until my pants caught on
fire...guess i just use sharp objects now >: }

josh

Alan Mackenzie

Jan 19, 2003, 1:44:49 PM1/19/03
Liam <joeb...@hotmail.fake.com> wrote on Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:21 +0000
(GMT Standard Time):
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, ....

Hmmm. Maybe if the eye had been open, the club wouldn't have hit it.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aa...@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

fray_bentos

Jan 20, 2003, 10:48:57 AM1/20/03
I've hit myself in the eye with clubs and a staff before (staff gave me a
black eye for about 4 weeks). Also, I get tendonitis from practicing four
ball shower, does anyone else get that?

sweavo

Jan 20, 2003, 10:52:30 AM1/20/03
> "fray_bentos"

oh, those fray bentos adverts on the telly at the moment, I bet you're
proud!

Liam

Jan 20, 2003, 12:33:00 PM1/20/03
In article <3e286483$0$33927$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
im...@gothic.ie.nospam (Paulm) wrote:

Double whamee, eh? I'm mentally preparing myself for whatever may come my
way while using clubs (I've just started).

Liam

Liam

Jan 20, 2003, 12:33:00 PM1/20/03
In article <i80W9.5996$xE1.886016@stones>, J...@feck.arse.gerrels (Jay
Linn) wrote:

Thanks. I'll check out that link tomorrow.

Liam

Scott Kurland

Jan 20, 2003, 4:34:21 PM1/20/03
> Double whammies, eh? I'm mentally preparing myself for whatever may

> come my way while using clubs (I've just started).
>
> Liam

At least some of the really memorable ones, of course, come out of nowhere -
not thrown by you or whoever you're passing with, but those OTHER passers at
the other end of the room. Ouch.

Bfahs

Jan 20, 2003, 6:22:40 PM1/20/03
>Gladiators at 4:30 on a saturday afternoon.
>
>club in the face, broken spectacles

Oh yea, that reminds me...

Combat, 2001 IJA convention Madison Wis, about 1 am or something like that.
Passing Numbers stud Peter Caseman and I attacked each other. Don't really know
exactly what happened, but found myself sprawled on the ground with broken
glasses and blood coming out of a cut over my eye. Thanks to the Todd Smith
folks who provided an ice cold beer to keep down the swelling.

Brian Fahs
Aurora, IL

Little Paul

Jan 21, 2003, 6:21:31 AM1/21/03
Scott Kurland wrote:
>>Double whammies, eh? I'm mentally preparing myself for whatever may
>>come my way while using clubs (I've just started).
>>
>>Liam
>
> At least some of the really memorable ones, of course, come out of nowhere -
> not thrown by you or whoever you're passing with, but those OTHER passers at
> the other end of the room. Ouch.

Thinking about it... a friend of a friend pulled a hamstring learning
to juggle clubs.

Just by picking them up off the floor.

No we weren't sure how either.

-Paul

semach.the.monkey

Jan 23, 2003, 5:55:25 AM1/23/03
"semach.the.monkey" wrote in message ...
Update...

Last night, whilst juggling clubs, I miscaught one, and it struck my
thumbnail. Because of the frequency of this type of thing, I keep my
nails quite short (within 1mm at the moment). But somehow it managed to
split my nail down the middle, and ripped back half of it so that about
6-7mm of nail is now barely hanging on, and the bloody flesh underneath
is really really sore :-(

STM

Hunter

Jan 23, 2003, 12:18:43 PM1/23/03
"semach.the.monkey" <Sem...@NTLnospamWORLD.com> wrote in message news:<%QPX9.1698$RZ.1...@newsfep4-win.server.ntli.net>...

One time I died while juggling! First time trying my hand at doing a
five-ball shower with a piano, a chainsaw, a sack of potatoes, a
flaming log, and a small ferret catastrophe struck when the ferret,
freightened by the light from the log, climbed up my arm and
distracted me. The chainsaw sliced through my head and was bruied
deep in my abdomen by the weight of the falling piano.
The only thing to survive was the sack of potatoes.

~Hunter

Liam

Jan 23, 2003, 4:30:00 PM1/23/03
In article <%QPX9.1698$RZ.1...@newsfep4-win.server.ntli.net>,
Sem...@NTLnospamWORLD.com (semach.the.monkey) wrote:

Ouch! You could wear a mini horseshoe piercing for better luck.

Liam

fray_bentos

Jan 24, 2003, 7:49:46 AM1/24/03
Yeah! Fray Bentos are horrible but whenever I see the name I crack up
laughing because it sounds like a real person. I've always wondered if the
company was named after an actual man, or even a woman, a sort of norse
mythology thing, like Freya, and blah blah blah....

The whole obsession stems from an incident two years ago, haven't been the
same since.

Little Paul

Jan 24, 2003, 8:01:58 AM1/24/03
fray_bentos wrote:
> Yeah! Fray Bentos are horrible

They're not too bad... They're better than pot noodle. Or vesta curry.

> but whenever I see the name I crack up
> laughing because it sounds like a real person. I've always wondered if the
> company was named after an actual man, or even a woman, a sort of norse
> mythology thing, like Freya, and blah blah blah....

Sorry to spoil it for you, but they seem to be named after a place in
Urugay...

Read http://www.brookebondcollectables.co.uk/intro.htm more specifically
the bits near the bottom of the page.

> The whole obsession stems from an incident two years ago, haven't been the
> same since.

But has the marmosette recovered?

-Paul

sweavo

Jan 24, 2003, 8:53:59 AM1/24/03

"Little Paul" <l...@juggler.net> wrote in message

> fray_bentos wrote:
>
> But has the marmosette recovered?

Is that a lady marmoset?

Or a rabid fan of the greek teen pop star Marmos?

Little Paul

Jan 24, 2003, 9:24:16 AM1/24/03
sweavo wrote:
> "Little Paul" <l...@juggler.net> wrote in message
>
>>fray_bentos wrote:
>>
>>But has the marmosette recovered?
>
> Is that a lady marmoset?

Erm, if I say "yes" would you believe me?

-Paul

sweavo

Jan 24, 2003, 9:54:08 AM1/24/03
"Little Paul" <l...@juggler.net> wrote

> sweavo wrote:
> > "Little Paul" <l...@juggler.net> wrote

> >>But has the marmosette recovered?

> > Is that a lady marmoset?

> Erm, if I say "yes" would you believe me?

Ok since it's your birthday [1]

sw.
--
1. [2] tomorrow
2. party

Liam

Jan 24, 2003, 10:46:00 AM1/24/03
In article <5f7e85bd.03012...@posting.google.com>,
hun...@juggler.net (Hunter) wrote:

You baby! I said injuries, not minor cuts! A chainsaw right down the
centre, though. That must have made you flinch ;-)

Liam

fray_bentos

Jan 28, 2003, 1:55:37 PM1/28/03
Wow! Thanks a lot. But it says the town Fray Bentos was named after one
friar bentos, so he is real after all.

Jon Solberg

Mar 3, 2003, 8:57:58 AM3/3/03
Let's see... Must be a broken collarbone when juggling six large of
Dubé's spinning rings half a year ago (one of the rings missed my hand
and there went my collarbone) and a broken bone in my left foot when
trying a double piroutte in York at BJC. Not to mention the numerous
bruises, cuts and broken fingernails during the years.

bobisbob

Mar 3, 2003, 11:58:09 AM3/3/03
Liam wrote:
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are, fire equipment and
> diabolos, devil sticks etc. included. There're bound to be some
> cringe-worthy stories out there!
>
> Liam

i had had my new 1.7lb exerballs for all of five minutes when i got my
worst juggling injury (so far). since they're so heavy, i was juggling
standing in front of my bed to keep from damaging the floors with drops.
my very first drop hit the nice springy mattress and immediately bounced
back up full speed into my crotch.

i fell to the ground rolling around in pain: my roommates all ran in and
laughed at me.

bob.

Liam

Mar 3, 2003, 12:50:00 PM3/3/03
In article <3e6389a1$0$66676$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
rnys...@ea.com.nospam (bobisbob) wrote:

One word: ouch!

Liam

Scott Kurland

Mar 3, 2003, 4:06:01 PM3/3/03
bobisbob wrote:

> i had my new 1.7lb exerballs for all of five minutes when i got my

> worst juggling injury (so far). since they're so heavy, i was juggling
> standing in front of my bed to keep from damaging the floors with
> drops. my very first drop hit the nice springy mattress and
> immediately bounced back up full speed into my crotch.
>
> i fell to the ground rolling around in pain: my roommates all ran in
> and laughed at me.

AH HA HA HA HAH HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA... sorry.

bobisbob

Mar 3, 2003, 4:21:19 PM3/3/03
Scott Kurland wrote:
> AH HA HA HA HAH HA HA HA! AH HA HA HA HA HA... sorry.

i have to admit it was quite funny. almost worth taking a shot to the
balls just for the comedic value. :)

Bfahs

Mar 3, 2003, 7:11:06 PM3/3/03
>i had had my new 1.7lb exerballs for all of five minutes when i got my
>worst juggling injury (so far). since they're so heavy, i was juggling
>standing in front of my bed to keep from damaging the floors with drops.

I didn't even have to keep reading to see where this was going. Ouch.

Bfahs

Mar 3, 2003, 7:20:27 PM3/3/03
>>i had had my new 1.7lb exerballs for all of five minutes when i got my
>>worst juggling injury (so far). since they're so heavy, i was juggling
>>standing in front of my bed to keep from damaging the floors with drops.

That a 5 ball bounce?

Brian Fahs
Aurora, IL

Viveca

Mar 3, 2003, 9:52:41 PM3/3/03
On Saturday night I broke my kneecap in performance in front of maybe 200
people during a skating routine. I didn't realize it was broken and skated
four more tricks and did a juggling routine before I got it elevated and on
ice. I know that's not really a juggling injury, but I did perform the
juggling while injured.

My worst injury from juggling would either be a bruised cornea (club
passing) or some strange nerve damage that made my left arm numb for ten
weeks but seems to have mostly passed (also club passing).

Viveca
V3

Bfahs <bf...@aol.com> wrote in message

Gerald Martin

Mar 4, 2003, 6:44:19 AM3/4/03
Liam wrote:
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are, fire equipment and
> diabolos, devil sticks etc. included. There're bound to be some
> cringe-worthy stories out there!
>
> Liam

I learned to pass clubs with a good friend who was almost 70 years old at
the time. We were serious fans of the Flying Karamazov Brothers (who played
at Dudley Riggs' ETC Theatre in Minneapolis for a year or two), so of course
we used the clubs they used - old Dube Americans. One day, I "caught" an
incoming club with my left upper incisor: the club's very solid plastic knob
threw me an uppercut, and it was like someone trying to hammer the tooth
farther up into my head. The tooth cracked, and I dropped to the ground,
assumed fetal position, and commenced rolling around in profound pain,
wishing I could scream. My wonderful elderly partner bent down over me and
said, "Are you hurt?", which was just about the funniest line I had ever
heard; I made a mental note to laugh out loud at my earliest opportunity.

-Jerry M.

Ferret

Mar 8, 2003, 5:07:14 PM3/8/03
I was working the Largo, (St. Petersburg) Florida Medieval Faire in
2000 and before the gates had opened, I was warming up, and was in the
middle of some of my one ball, high extensions, on my improvised
stage, which is nothing more than some interestingly shaped benches
that I stand on, to put me up in view.

I was wearing a pair of boots that have just a thin layer of leather
for a sole.
I do a blindfolded act in my show, and I like to have the ability to
feel what I'm walking on.

It was early morning and although the sun was up, being so close to
the Gulf of Mexico, the dew was still coating everything.

I walked out a little too far on part of ‘my stage' and promptly
overbalanced it.

My immediate reaction was to lean back and regain control, but the
bench and my boots had other plans…….

Both my feet slipped out from under me, the bench (which now no longer
had my weight on it,) righted itself, and I was suddenly ‘freefalling'
in a somewhat horizontal position, and not really too concerned with
any object in my hands that I was previously trying to control.

I hit the bench Hard, and missed with one of my hands as I tried to
stop my fall.
Smacked my tail bone, but Good!

But this comedy of errors was not done yet.
I still had a 9.5 oz. three inch sphere, of hard acrylic, that was
momentarily forgotten, and floating directly above my previous
standing, vertical, position.

From about a six and a half foot drop, this thing Nailed me right in
the codpiece!
Suddenly my ass didn't hurt at all, cause it was no longer pain
central.

I slowly rolled off my bench and curled up into a fetal position, for
a good 5 mins.

The next day I was on site early with a drill, some clothes line and
tent stakes.

My benches don't tip over any more.
I went on that day, to gather the biggest hat of my season. $263.00
in 8 hours.

Sometimes you can get your day started with just a cup of coffee,
sometimes it takes a little more.

I prefer the coffee, thank you.

Ferret
www.contactjuggling.org

Liam

Mar 9, 2003, 7:32:00 AM3/9/03
In article <66847e65.03030...@posting.google.com>,
fer...@contactjuggling.org (Ferret) wrote:

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I'll never juggle whilst standing
blinfolded on a bench. I'll also never make $263.00 in 8 hours. At least
not because of my juggling skills.

Liam

J Craggs

Mar 9, 2003, 12:44:47 PM3/9/03
On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:32 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
joeb...@hotmail.fake.com (Liam) wrote:

>> But this comedy of errors was not done yet.
>> I still had a 9.5 oz. three inch sphere, of hard acrylic, that was
>> momentarily forgotten, and floating directly above my previous
>> standing, vertical, position.
>>
>> From about a six and a half foot drop, this thing Nailed me right in
>> the codpiece!
>> Suddenly my ass didn't hurt at all, cause it was no longer pain
>> central.
>>
>> I slowly rolled off my bench and curled up into a fetal position, for
>> a good 5 mins.
>>
>> The next day I was on site early with a drill, some clothes line and
>> tent stakes.
>>
>> My benches don't tip over any more.
>> I went on that day, to gather the biggest hat of my season. $263.00
>> in 8 hours.

Strong 'Circumstantial Evidence' to support the
'No Pain, No Gain' theory ;-)

Gyppo

John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyp...@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.

Joe H

Mar 9, 2003, 3:08:27 PM3/9/03
I got my feelings very badly hurt once when someone yelled, "you suck".

Joe

silver

Mar 9, 2003, 3:54:32 PM3/9/03
as i sit here typing left handed, my right hand swollen and probably broken
(perhaps i shouldn't of been attempting passing 9 ultimates on it
yesterday.......),i've been having a right laugh at various injuries so
i'll chuck in mine

diabolo suicide,stick goes twice around at whistling speeds and then,
click, neatly clipped my p-a ring, mild screaming ensued, and for those
who relish the gory details, a little blood too.......

silver

Little Paul

Mar 10, 2003, 5:41:14 AM3/10/03
Joe H wrote:
> I got my feelings very badly hurt once when someone yelled, "you suck".

My favourite response to that particular heckle was from a comedian I
saw a couple of months back (Can't remember who) who replied with
"But you swallow"

The bloke who heckled looked all embarrased for some reason.

-Paul

Mike Sendrove

Mar 10, 2003, 9:42:16 AM3/10/03

"silver" <sil...@thesilverman.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message

I would say 'ouch that sounds painful,' but I don't know what p-a ring
is......

J Craggs

Mar 9, 2003, 6:22:59 PM3/9/03
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:42:16 -0000, "Mike Sendrove"
<mickey...@mickeymouse.com> wrote:

>I would say 'ouch that sounds painful,' but I don't know what p-a ring
>is......

I would say "preserve your innocence, 'tis a
real posession in the changing fortunes of time...",
but I fear 'tis a lost cause. I'm sure one - or
several - of the good souls on here will be delighted
to elucidate. Possibly the 'Ring Bearer himself ;-)

bobisbob

Mar 10, 2003, 11:27:09 AM3/10/03
Ferret wrote:
> I went on that day, to gather the biggest hat of my season. $263.00
> in 8 hours.
>
> Sometimes you can get your day started with just a cup of coffee,
> sometimes it takes a little more.
>
> I prefer the coffee, thank you.

but think how much you could bring in if you could work that into your
routine. :)

bobisbob

Mar 10, 2003, 11:30:21 AM3/10/03
silver wrote:
> diabolo suicide,stick goes twice around at whistling speeds and then,
> click, neatly clipped my p-a ring, mild screaming ensued, and for those
> who relish the gory details, a little blood too.......

try wearing pants next time. ;)

bob.

Mike Sendrove

Mar 10, 2003, 12:03:20 PM3/10/03

"Mike Sendrove" <mickey...@mickeymouse.com> wrote in message
<FX>
*ding*
</FX>

Took me a while. Ow.
Ouchouchouch
owowowowowowowowowowowow

jason_quinn

Mar 10, 2003, 1:08:14 PM3/10/03
Mike Sendrove wrote:

> I would say 'ouch that sounds painful,' but I don't know what p-a ring
> is......

Here, I'll help:

PA rings are similar in function to P rings. However in the PA ring,
the flow-controlling orifice is formed by the clearance between the ring
bore and rod. Clearance at the ring segments is zero when installed over
the rod. The PA ring provides lower rod loading than the P, but has a more
difficult-to-control orifice area.

Jason Quinn

Find out more about PA rings at:
http://www.cleecook.com/products-rodrings.html

Jason Paul

Mar 10, 2003, 1:30:29 PM3/10/03
Jason,

Thanks for the clarification.

All this time I thought that the following was what he meant!
http://www.pierceit.co.uk/piercings/bios/bio-pa.php3

...Jason... ;)

Ferret

Mar 16, 2003, 12:45:44 PM3/16/03

> but think how much you could bring in if you could work that into your
> routine. :)
>
> bob.

You're a true Sadist Bob.
***Grin***

I do know a guy who makes a nice amount of money at medieval faires,
by abusing himself.

Falls out of trees, and throws himself through various cactus patches
and such.
People give him large bills to break bottles over his head…that sort
of thing.

Sorry……not for me.

Ferret

Jani Kyllonen

Mar 16, 2003, 5:47:20 PM3/16/03
silver <sil...@thesilverman.co.uk.nospam> wrote:

> diabolo suicide,stick goes twice around at whistling speeds and then,
> click, neatly clipped my p-a ring, mild screaming ensued, and for those
> who relish the gory details, a little blood too.......

I just read this thread and went back to the list of threads and
the one just under this was entitled "Knob issues". Made me laugh.

jani

J Craggs

Mar 16, 2003, 7:37:28 PM3/16/03
On 16 Mar 2003 09:45:44 -0800,
fer...@contactjuggling.org (Ferret) wrote:

>I do know a guy who makes a nice amount of money at medieval faires,
>by abusing himself.

Getting *paid* for Self-Abuse? What next ;-)

>Falls out of trees, and throws himself through various cactus patches
>and such.
>People give him large bills to break bottles over his head…that sort
>of thing.

Oh, one of *those* nutters. I'm glad you
explained, it helps to stop the nightmares...

devt...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 9:38:02 AM9/22/16
A couple of days ago I was juggling 5 balls they where silicone russians they collided in the air and with the ball i had in my hand I threw it right into my eye i sliced my retna to my pupil in 2 places which hurts unbilevably bad i could not see at all out of it and it was almost swollen shut in 2 hours and even when it was closed it hurt when i woke up my eye was black and blue and i still could not see fully i could only see blurry lines and it really scared me i tried to keep it open which made it even worse and made my eye dry i have hit myself in the nose and head countless times but this one was the scariest

BP

Mar 31, 2017, 10:22:31 PM3/31/17
Catching a ring (the thin ones, not meant for passing) under a fingernail...while passing. Then doing it again, same fingernail, during the same session.

I now tape my fingertips when passing the thin rings.

jep...@live.com

Dec 27, 2017, 3:39:58 PM12/27/17
On Friday, January 17, 2003 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, Liam wrote:
> I smacked the butt of a club in my eye (closed fortunately) today, though
> not hard enough to cause much pain, and I thought it would be interesting
> to find out what people's worst juggling injuries are, fire equipment and
> diabolos, devil sticks etc. included. There're bound to be some
> cringe-worthy stories out there!
>
> Liam

while doing a three ball cascade and eat an apple ( one of the balls) I was in
a hurry and bit my front teeth together real hard, almost broke a tooth.