Tucson Juggling Festival - April 4-6, 2014

Dave Kha

Mar 13, 2014, 12:49:54 PM3/13/14
We are holding our sixth annual juggling festival here in Tucson, AZ this
April 4-6 at Catalina
State Park. If you're in the area, come out for a weekend of camping and
juggling in the
desert. Here's the details:

When: April 4, 5, and 6, 2014
Where: Catalina State Park
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/site/tucsonjugglingfestival/Home
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/523507614368737/
E-Mail: tucsonjuggl...@gmail.com
Map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?
msid=206853055981957982091.00046c6ace25138274906&msa=0
Cost: Catalina State Park $15 per vehicle/per night overnight camping fee.
We operate
entirely by donation, so give what you can afford

Last year the Juggle Junction Conductor wrote up a little review:

Last weekend we/I had a great time at the Tucson Juggling Festival. It is
a laid back affair, a camping festival so if you want to break from
juggling, you can go for a hike. The Tucson Festival is also unique in
that the camping area has lots of original artwork that the organizers
bring in (as well as a couch). The "festival t-shirt" is something you
make yourself (they are quite cool) and the festival pass was a pewter
club necklace (some of which were molded over a camp stove at the
festival).

There was also a lot of juggling at the festival. In addition to the
normal juggling patterns and exchange of tricks, we had some relaxed
friendly games of volleyclub and field ball (no score kept). It is a
fairly small festival, so I think I was able to pass clubs with almost
everyone. It is also fun to see the reunions of people who came a long
way to check back in with their friends and the Tucson juggling scene.

At one point someone asked how the festival could be improved in future
years? In my opinion, it can't really be improved upon. I said there,
and I'll say here, that even if I won the lottery, I can't think how I
could "improve" the Tucson Juggling Festival.

I'm not saying that there aren't other great ways to have a festival, or
that I don't enjoy them as equally well. But the Tucson Festival is a
fun, friendly, and relaxing weekend that I doubt could be improved much
without ruining the unique charm of it. If you get the chance, I'll
recommend you come to one. I'll see you there!