Colt Mustang/Mustang Pocketlite Experiences?

Kevin &/or Corinne Appleton

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry here during the warm months here in VA.
Anyone out there have any words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.

Kevin Appleton
Oakton, VA

John Will

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

On 17 Feb 1998 18:13:21 -0500, Kevin &/or Corinne Appleton
<cor...@erols.com> wrote:

#I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry here during the warm months here in VA.
# Anyone out there have any words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.

I'm not sure you'd call it "wisdom", but I have a Mustang Pocketlite.
It's excellent in the RYBKA pocket holster I have, an also in my
"crouch holster", a Thunderbelt. I had SM&A do a PCP (Pocket Carry
Package) on it, and it's a great little gun. FWIW, SM&A in the person
of Mac Scott stops by here, and they have a web site www.380colt.com.

John Krotowski

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

My first handgun was a Colt Mustang in stainless. It was a beautiful gun!
I bought it used, the gun worked flawlessly. No regrets except that I sold
it. I bought a Colt Mustang Pocketlight next. It was a good gun. There
was a noticable difference in weight although it wasn't as nice looking as
the stainless one. I regret selling that one too. Now I carry a Glock 27!
No regrets at all this time... I'm not selling, trading or giving this one
away! JK

Kevin &/or Corinne Appleton wrote in message
<6cd5ih$2...@xring.cs.umd.edu>...

#I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry here
during the warm months here in VA.
# Anyone out there have any words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.

#
#Kevin Appleton
#Oakton, VA
#

Keith Whaley

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Kevin &/or Corinne Appleton wrote:
#
# I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry here during the warm months here in VA.

# Anyone out there have any words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.
#
# Kevin Appleton
# Oakton, VA

I've carried one almost daily for almost 3 years now and it's my
favorite carry gun.
I live and work in So. CA and it gets as hot, if not as humid, but it's
the most confortable gun I carry, whether in shop coat or shorts
(usually both in the summer!)

You'll love it.

keith whaley
pistolsmith
WHALEY's Gunsmithing, Los Angeles

fr...@aol.com

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

#<cor...@erols.com> wrote:
#
##I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry here during the warm months here in VA.
## Anyone out there have any words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.
#
#I'm not sure you'd call it "wisdom", but I have a Mustang Pocketlite.
#It's excellent in the RYBKA pocket holster I have, an also in my
#"crouch holster", a Thunderbelt. I had SM&A do a PCP (Pocket Carry
#Package) on it, and it's a great little gun. FWIW, SM&A in the person
#of Mac Scott stops by here, and they have a web site www.380colt.com.
#
#
The Mustang is a nice & small weapon, I've never shot one.
Does anybody feel the .380 has more/less punch than the
.32 tomcat? Or the .380 just isn't strong enough for
self defence?

Radem

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

# Kevin,

Owned a Colt Mustang a few years back. Apart from a bad cosmetic flaw on the hammer, I found it to be quite a
nice weapon. It was very accurate for its size and easy to carry. Not a bad pocket gun.

Radem

Message has been deleted

Louie Ching,Jr.

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Got a mustang plus II and its a very good carry gun. The mustang is a
well made gun . Its got some plastic parts (trigger and springguide) but
you can replace those if you like.
Just be careful with pocket holster selection.
I had some problems with accidental magazine releases. I dont know if
other mustang owners had this problem or its just my gun.
But to sum it all up--- its a great little gun.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless..."

Jim Herring

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

Domenick Venezia wrote:

# Kevin &/or Corinne Appleton (cor...@erols.com) wrote:
# : I'm thinking of buying the Mustang Pocketlite for concealed carry
# : here during the warm months here in VA. Anyone out there have any
# : words of wisdom or opinions on this 380? TIA.
#
# I don't know about wisdom, but I have words.
#
# I have a Mustang (SA, blue, steel, 6+1) that I carry daily in an
# Uncle Mike's clip-on pancake holster (junk). If anyone knows of a
# real clip-on IWB for this pistol PLEASE let me know. I've looked at
# various holster websites, Galco, DeSantis, Gallahger, Hoffner's, M/D.
#
#

The best IWB holster I've found for the Mustang is one from Alessi Holsters,
2465 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst, NY 14228-3527, 716-691-5615. $31.95 at a
Houston Gunshow. Good stiff leather with a clip. Damn fine holster.

I ordered a holster from the Mustang from Dillon. I like the Alessi better.

Jim Herring
--
Vikings?
There ain't no vikings here. Just us honest farmers.