Fratelli Tanfoglio/F.I.E. Miami FLA.

KevenHY

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

I came across a revolver in a box of things from my wife's deceased
grandfather.

on the barrel it says-

F.I.E. MOD. E15 CAL..22 L.R.
FRATELLI TANFOGLIO-MADE IN ITALY

It has a gold/brassy tone about it with a wood handle. Has ".22 MAG" on the
cylinder part.... Has anyone ever seen one of these?

She doesn't know why, but the barrel has some kind of plug in it. I took a
wire and compared the measurements on how much blockage exists and it is the
length of a 22 LR shell!

Should the barrel unscrew? Have tried this but failed. Thinking of taking it
to a shop and seeing what they can tell me about its worth. If this 'plug'
cannot be removed then its junk to me.

Its perked up my interest in it. When I first uncovered it I wanted to go out
and shoot a box of shells but QUICKLY discovered it had a plug when I cleaned
it.

I'm no expert, but I have never seen a barrel plugged before. Could this gun
have been sold as a replica or something-arother?

Cannot locate anything, so far, in my seaches on the internet. Any help would
be appreciated!

-Keven

Tom McNaughton

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

kev...@aol.com (KevenHY) wrote:
#I came across a revolver in a box of things from my wife's deceased
#grandfather.
#
#on the barrel it says-
#
#F.I.E. MOD. E15 CAL..22 L.R.
#FRATELLI TANFOGLIO-MADE IN ITALY
#
#It has a gold/brassy tone about it with a wood handle. Has ".22 MAG" on the
#cylinder part.... Has anyone ever seen one of these?
#

Dear Kevin,

We just had a post on this a week or so ago. You are the proud owner of a
Titan Buffalo Scout Single Action Revolver Model E15 in .22 caliber.

The F.I.E. stands for Firearms Import & Export Corp. Their mailing
address is (was?):P.O.Box 4866, Hialeah Lakes, Hialeah, FL 33014

The box mine came in (years ago) says 100% American Parts and Labor.

The Buffalo Scout is an excellent piece of firearms workmanship. It
should perhaps be known as the Barbara Boxer Special. It attains to the
stringent manufacturing standards of a Davis, and approaches (but does
not necessarily reach) the reliability of a Raven. Don't carry a live
round under the hammer!

On the other hand, it will be hard to find another gun for the price.
Find some dedicated gunsmith with a wooden dowel and have him remove the
22 plug in your barrel. On the positive side, this should not have
affected either the accuracy or the reliability! <G>

I have one I have enjoyed very much. It is not much good at 25 yards and
beyond, but, then again, neither am I. It is the epitome of a cheap, fun,
plinking revolver. Mine shoots to point of aim (roughly) and goes bang
when I pull the trigger. Good luck with yours.

Good Shooting

jones...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2013, 9:37:56 PM1/31/13

I have this exact same gun in my posession as we speak with sort of a similar
story as how i came across it but i know all the in an outs of this pistol
except how much it could be worth. please contact me through email asap. or
call me anytime at 601-934-xxxx. Thank you My name is William Jones Im from
Mississippi an really wanting pricing info on this gun. call asap

[MODERATOR: Suggest you email him, thanks]

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net

SaPeIsMa

Feb 1, 2013, 8:48:06 AM2/1/13

#
# [MODERATOR: Suggest you email him, thanks]
#

Even better look at what the are going for on the Auction sites like
AuctionArms.com
Gunbroker.com

milar
# story as how i came across it but i know all the in an outs of this pistol
# except how much it could be worth. please contact me through email asap.
or
# call me anytime at 601-934-xxxx. Thank you My name is William Jones Im
from
# Mississippi an really wanting pricing info on this gun. call asap
#
# [MODERATOR: Suggest you email him, thanks]
#

Even better look at what the are going for on the Auction sites like
AuctionArms.com
Gunbroker.com

thomasli...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 7:09:46 AM3/2/16
I just got one from my father I have no plug in my